HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

which rival do you hate the most

View Poll Results: Which rival do you hate the most?
Islanders 45 30.82%
Devils 75 51.37%
Flyers 21 14.38%
Bruins 1 0.68%
Penguins 4 2.74%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2007, 07:21 PM
  #51
Ocelot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
Thats a hard one. It really is a 3 way tie for me devils, islanders, flyers. But I guess if I had to pick I would go flyers.

Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:00 AM
  #52
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
I hate the Islanders because I am a Rangers Fan. I hate the Devils because I am human.




Quote:
Originally Posted by the_blak_nite View Post
isles fan here, im shocked we are not the unanimous #1. i hate the rangers outa tradition but i hate teh phillys cuz i hate teh city of philadelphia. if i had teh power to destrot one city in teh us it would be philadelphia. fans are the biggest jerks in the sports world.
as far as why i dont have such a deap seeded hate for the rnagers, for one im to young to have seen a playoff series between the two. which is why i need you guys to make the playoffs but still leave soem points for us. together we can achieve teh master plan, a eastern conference final rags vs. isles
I think that's what the rivalry needs, an intense playoff series.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
  #53
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,973
vCash: 500
Without a doubt the Debbies.

And i dont know why in the world Boston is up there, it should be the Sabres IMO.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
  #54
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,973
vCash: 500
I think its an easy question for any Ranger fan who lives in Jersey because most likely they have to deal with the uneducated pea-brained mass of so-called Devil hockey fans on a daily basis. Not all are but most. I've never seen so many bandwagon fans in my life.

I remember when the Devils won the cup in 2000 whatever i was at a bar and i watched hockey their the whole season and during the finals all these "hockey fans" came out of the woodwork and they didnt even know how offsides was called, yet they argued every hockey discussion like they grew up on skates and played junior hockey in Canada.

Its funny that when you actually go to the C.A.A. you don't see any of them because these "die-hard" fans never go to support their favorite team.

Thats why i hate them the most... you get two for the money with that team. Idiot players and idiot fans.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:56 AM
  #55
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 6,035
vCash: 500
Most Hated Rivals

Not on the list, but, Nashville, definitely Nashville.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
  #56
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I think its an easy question for any Ranger fan who lives in Jersey because most likely they have to deal with the uneducated pea-brained mass of so-called Devil hockey fans on a daily basis. Not all are but most. I've never seen so many bandwagon fans in my life.

Either you don't follow baseball, or you're a bandwagon Yankee fan yourself, but no team in sports draws more bandwagon losers than them. The Cowboys come close now and then, but will never challenge.

As for the original question, I'm a younger fan too so I hate the Devils more than anything. I hate their style of play, I hate their success, I hate Marty Brodeur and the way he dives like a little girl, I just hate them.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
  #57
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Either you don't follow baseball, or you're a bandwagon Yankee fan yourself, but no team in sports draws more bandwagon losers than them. The Cowboys come close now and then, but will never challenge.

As for the original question, I'm a younger fan too so I hate the Devils more than anything. I hate their style of play, I hate their success, I hate Marty Brodeur and the way he dives like a little girl, I just hate them.
I agree, I was actually going to mention the Yankees as well. And I do follow baseball and I'm actually a Yankees fan, so its funny you mention that.

But i've been born into a Yankee family just like the Rangers and have been to games since I was a toddler so you can't accuse me of being a "bandwagon loser, though I totally agree that the Yankees have more than the Devils for sure.

But heres the difference. Baseball is much more popular. MUCH MORE. So you are gonna get the casual fan and the idiots who wear the "Interlocking N-Y" hat because its a fashion statement but couldnt name a single pitcher in the bullpen. That upsets me too, because I know some arent real fans of my team, but will show up in the postseason, get lucky and buy or get tickets - basically robbing those who have committed long hours to the team all year and deserve to be there more.

With the Devils is much much more annoying. You know that hockey is the 4th sport and the majority of the fans that sweat out games on a nightly basis are the most passionate of any sport. Of course their are certain Devils fans that fall into this category. But there are a ridiculous amount of others who just associate themselves with Devils hockey because they are just simply from the state. Thats why it pisses one off even more when they ride the coattails of something they have no passion with whatsever, they just think its the fad of the month or DAY - to say something to me while they know im a Rangers fan because of a shirt i wear or the tickets i have taped in my office. They have no idea the dynamics between these two franchaises and their fans and should stay out of it unless they are serious about getting into the sport. And this is proven by the attendence records.

So yes, the Yankees have a ton of bandwagoners and i'm sure you feel the same hardships in relation to your Mets, but for me its the Devils. Maybe its because hockey is my #1 priority and baseball comes second.


Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 03-07-2007 at 12:31 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:58 PM
  #58
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Totally hate the Flyers the most. LOL j/k.

I voted for the Devils.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 06:31 PM
  #59
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,550
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
i hate every team that isnt the rangers but my order wud be isles... devils.... flyers.... sabres and then probably montreal.... sabre fans piss me off a lot becasuse i remember last year at a ranger sabre game at msg there were little to no sabre fans there this year the bandwagons back and they were everywhere... almost came to blows with one of their 'fans' but the isles are up there first i will never hate something more then i hate them

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
  #60
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I agree, I was actually going to mention the Yankees as well. And I do follow baseball and I'm actually a Yankees fan, so its funny you mention that.

But i've been born into a Yankee family just like the Rangers and have been to games since I was a toddler so you can't accuse me of being a "bandwagon loser, though I totally agree that the Yankees have more than the Devils for sure.

But heres the difference. Baseball is much more popular. MUCH MORE. So you are gonna get the casual fan and the idiots who wear the "Interlocking N-Y" hat because its a fashion statement but couldnt name a single pitcher in the bullpen. That upsets me too, because I know some arent real fans of my team, but will show up in the postseason, get lucky and buy or get tickets - basically robbing those who have committed long hours to the team all year and deserve to be there more.

With the Devils is much much more annoying. You know that hockey is the 4th sport and the majority of the fans that sweat out games on a nightly basis are the most passionate of any sport. Of course their are certain Devils fans that fall into this category. But there are a ridiculous amount of others who just associate themselves with Devils hockey because they are just simply from the state. Thats why it pisses one off even more when they ride the coattails of something they have no passion with whatsever, they just think its the fad of the month or DAY - to say something to me while they know im a Rangers fan because of a shirt i wear or the tickets i have taped in my office. They have no idea the dynamics between these two franchaises and their fans and should stay out of it unless they are serious about getting into the sport. And this is proven by the attendence records.

So yes, the Yankees have a ton of bandwagoners and i'm sure you feel the same hardships in relation to your Mets, but for me its the Devils. Maybe its because hockey is my #1 priority and baseball comes second.
It's funny that you say that, because I was born into a Ranger/Yankee family as well. I have some relatives that are Mets fans, but I grew up watching the Yankees, because I started playing baseball in pee-wee when I was 5, and quit when I was about 8, because hockey was more fun. I remember when I first started watching, the Yanks still had Danny Tartabull, Don Mattingly, and Roberto Kelly before he was traded for Paul O'Neill. I was always a big Griffey Jr fan, but I remember HATING him when he scored that winning run against us 95.

I completely agree with you all on the topic that there are more fairweather Yankee fans than any other fairweather fans in the world, and it's disgusting. People who couldn't name a prospect to save their lives. People who couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat when it comes to Yankee history or Yankee future. People who know nothing about the present players. There are so many people who claim to be "Yankee fans" from outside of NY. Sure, you get a transplanted fan here and there, but how many die-hard Yankee fans live in let's say... South Dakota, for example? Not even that, but the influx of fair-weather Yankee fans within New York is crazy. I sat through the 6-pitcher no-hitter that the Astros threw against us in 2003. I watched Cleveland DESTROY US 22-0, then to go to the stadium the next night and see a 3-2 win. I've been through the ups, as well as the downs, and if you're a die-hard Ranger fan, let me tell you right now, there's no way in the world you could be a fair-weather fan. This team has been as down as any team in sports for the last 10 years.

People always love to accuse me of being a fair-weather Yankee fan, and then I just mention that I'm a Ranger fan. Shuts them right up.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:21 PM
  #61
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Isles drew a bit closer after tonight...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.