HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines in Practice (Dubinsky w/Straka)

Old
03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Lines in Practice (Dubinsky w/Straka)

According to Sam via Andrew Gross:
Avery-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Dubinsky-Isbister
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Nich

very interesting....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Avery-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Dubinsky-Isbister
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Best choice possible, if you ask me...Gives Jagr and Nylkander a net crasher and a decent combo of size and skill on the "2nd"...Wouldn't be surprised to even see the COP line be more of the "2nd line" depending on how the game goes...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Levitate

Not bad, I like it so far.

We'll see if those are the lines used tomorrow...but they seem to make pretty good sense.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Avery-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Dubinsky-Isbister
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Wow! Finally a young kid will get some ice time on a top line!!

Did Dubs play with Isbister on the same line with the pack?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Avery-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Dubinsky-Isbister
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

Those lines are not bad...but I would rather switch Avery and Isbister:

Isbister - Nylander - Jagr

Straka - Dubinsky - Avery

I just think that 2nd line will need Avery's help since it is Dubinsky's first game in the NHL and Straka's 2nd since the injury. Avery is the type of guy to get any line going with his hard work. The 1st line can do fine with just Isbister ...

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 12:55 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Best choice possible, if you ask me...Gives Jagr and Nylkander a net crasher and a decent combo of size and skill on the "2nd"...Wouldn't be surprised to even see the COP line be more of the "2nd line" depending on how the game goes...
Definitely agree...think like you say, which ever line plays better will get the ice time but the difference in TOI will probably be negligible

Old
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Definitely agree...think like you say, which ever line plays better will get the ice time but the difference in TOI will probably be negligible
Exactly. I can't see the TOI being much different, if at all.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:03 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
I think thats smart because Dubi will be more comfortable with someone hes played with before, plus Straka can't hurt either. I really really like those lines. Also, Avery is a perfect compliment to Jagr because he gets a lot of attention giving Jagr more room and also because 95% of Avery's passes are tape to tape. Good job Renney

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Wow All 4 lines have some true grit.

03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
TomWaits

anyone know how much longer for Shanahan?

thanks

TomWaits

TomWaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
chosen

I'd replace Isbister with Immonen (and I'm not a huge Immonen fan) or almost anyone else available. I think Isbister brings virtually nothing to the table.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaits View Post
anyone know how much longer for Shanahan?

thanks

TomWaits
From the link:
Quote:

Brendan Shanahan was available at the rink, and spoke about the frustrating pace of his recovery. The good news is Shanahan hasn’t taken any steps backward since his concussion last month. But there are still times when he makes what he perceives to be progress, and then hits a plateau.

“I would just like to have a day when the room doesn’t spin at some point,” he said.

There’s still no word on when Shanny can get back to the ice, but it doesn’t sound like it’ll be anytime soon.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I'd replace Isbister with Immonen (and I'm not a huge Immonen fan) or almost anyone else available. I think Isbister brings virtually nothing to the table.
He may not be a part of our future plans, but Isbister had the game of his life on Monday and really exposed the Islanders slow defense with his speed. He deserves to be back out there.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Did you watch Monday's game?

Isbister earned some respect in that contest. SOLID game

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:15 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease29 View Post
He may not be a part of our future plans, but Isbister had the game of his life on Monday and really exposed the Islanders slow defense with his speed. He deserves to be back out there.
His play wasn't too shaby against St. Louis either

Old
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Just my take, but in a play-off type game (and they all will be the rest of the way) no way in hell could Immo provide the speed, intensity and useful size that Isbister provided in the last game(s)..

I don't think Shanny is gonna make it back...but would love to have him and Straka with Dubinsky and Isbister joining Holly-Betts..ANd if Dubisky fails, give IMMO a shot.,.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Do you watch the Rangers play at all? You have some seriously weird opinions.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Just my take, but in a play-off type game (and they all will be the rest of the way) no way in hell could Immo provide the speed, intensity and useful size that Isbister provided in the last game(s)..

I don't think Shanny is gonna make it back...but would love to have him and Straka with Dubinsky and Isbister joining Holly-Betts..ANd if Dubisky fails, give IMMO a shot.,.
If Dubi fails, I'd rather give Cally or Dawes a shot and just move Straka to center.

Immonen has already had his chance and hasn't shown he's a 2nd line center, IMO. Rather give Dawes or Cally a chance to show us that they are at least 2nd line wings.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
If Dubi fails, I'd rather give Cally or Dawes a shot and just move Straka to center.

Immonen has already had his chance and hasn't shown he's a 2nd line center, IMO. Rather give Dawes or Cally a chance to show us that they are at least 2nd line wings.
I agree with you on IMMO, I have never been a big fan of his game..ANd you're right, it all depends on where they put or keep Straka..If it's LW, that means it's either Dubi or Immo...If it's at C, I agree that Cally, who more then anybody has earned a call-up, makes some sense...

OTOH, this time of year is not for the kids showing what they can be, it's all about winning and making the POs..My feeling is that, becasue of size issuesm Callahan won't be used unless there are injuries to either Cullen or Prucha..Just a gut feeling..

Old
03-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
OTOH, this time of year is not for the kids showing what they can be, it's all about winning and making the POs..My feeling is that, becasue of size issuesm Callahan won't be used unless there are injuries to either Cullen or Prucha..Just a gut feeling..
But while we do have injuries, we SHOULD see if any of the kids can step up right now.

Cally has been stepping up all year long and has proved that he can flat out dominate at the AHL level. I'd like to see him given a legitimate shot on a top 2 line at the NHL level just to see how his skill translates over. While we have injuries, we might as well use some of our very hungry kids to see if they can be relied on down the stretch.

I'm very glad that they are doing this with Dubi right now, though I feel that Cally should've gotten a look first.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
But while we do have injuries, we SHOULD see if any of the kids can step up right now.

Cally has been stepping up all year long and has proved that he can flat out dominate at the AHL level. I'd like to see him given a legitimate shot on a top 2 line at the NHL level just to see how his skill translates over. While we have injuries, we might as well use some of our very hungry kids to see if they can be relied on down the stretch.

I'm very glad that they are doing this with Dubi right now, though I feel that Cally should've gotten a look first.
Maybe he should have, but right now it's all about winnning and getting to the PO....And the Dubinsky move makes more sense right now..This is not a time for auditioning, to see how players might fit in the NHL later...It's the time to call up the kid best suited for the job...While I think all of Dubinsky, Cally, And Dawes have been brought along great this year by Ranger mangement and all three are ready to contribute in the NHL, it's just time to go with the guy that fills the need...Next week, it might be Cally..

Old
03-07-2007, 01:55 PM
xander

typical renney lines: size on the right wing, speed on the left. Considering the options at hand, this is probably one of the better possible permutations.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Maybe he should have, but right now it's all about winnning and getting to the PO....And the Dubinsky move makes more sense right now..This is not a time for auditioning, to see how players might fit in the NHL later...It's the time to call up the kid best suited for the job...While I think all of Dubinsky, Cally, And Dawes have been brought along great this year by Ranger mangement and all three are ready to contribute in the NHL, it's just time to go with the guy that fills the need...Next week, it might be Cally..
Nah, the Rangers don't like playing young players...BTW, thanks for not mentioning me on your little waltz down memory lane at RFC...since I'm totally shallow and in constant need of re-affirmation, it will be difficult to get over the slight.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

I've been excited about this kid Dubinsky for two years, now.

I have a buddy up in Portland who raves about this kid.

I'm just glad to see him called up and getting a shot (at least in practice) on the top two lines. This adds yet another element of intrigue to tomorrow night's game.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote