HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sanguinetti hit

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Entrancemperium

vCash: 500
Sanguinetti hit

Hey guys I found this on youtube and since we're all concerned about Sanguinettis phyhsical play I thought I'd post this to show that there's hope for a little bit of a mean streak in him. enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pufSJ10w0nY

Old
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
in the hall

wow that was a hell of a hit.. that alone tells me all this concern about his physical play is bull.. he steps up looking to cream that guy, then went back to do his usual thing

Old
03-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
wow that was a hell of a hit.. that alone tells me all this concern about his physical play is bull.. he steps up looking to cream that guy, then went back to do his usual thing
Well even "Big" Tom Poti had hits...so I don't know that it proves anything one way or another. Besides which, my concern over Sanguinetti isn't so much his hitting or physical play, but his ability to play defense in his own end.

Old
03-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

This video is already in the prospects thread.

And no, one hit doesn't mean a thing really, but nice to see
any footage of Bobby Sang.

Old
03-07-2007, 12:08 PM
mucker*

Overall, how is he doing this year?
Him and Staal, are they progressing well, are they top 2 defensman, busts, or middle of the line non impact but NHL guys like Tyutin?

Old
03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
Hey guys I found this on youtube and since we're all concerned about Sanguinettis phyhsical play I thought I'd post this to show that there's hope for a little bit of a mean streak in him. enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pufSJ10w0nY
wow he rocked him lol

Old
03-07-2007, 12:33 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowslotpasser View Post
Overall, how is he doing this year?
Him and Staal, are they progressing well, are they top 2 defensman, busts, or middle of the line non impact but NHL guys like Tyutin?
I wouldn't say Tyutin is the middle of the line non impact guy at all, he's been our best defender for sure this year and himself is only 23 years old and has really played some great hockey this year.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Well even "Big" Tom Poti had hits...so I don't know that it proves anything one way or another. Besides which, my concern over Sanguinetti isn't so much his hitting or physical play, but his ability to play defense in his own end.
From everything that I've heard and the very limited amount that I've seen, the defensive concerns have almost all but been erased. While he is no ROCK on defense, he's still SERIOUSLY capable of holding his own back there.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Edge

I still have some concerns about physical play and defense, much of it coming from consistency. Bobby's game still has a bit more up's and down's than I'd like to see and I can't help but feel that I expected a little more from him this season.

Old
03-07-2007, 01:55 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Bob McKenzie had the right take on Sanguinetti

Quote:
"Sanguinetti is a great playmaker, but scouts have said he's not that physical. However, that does not mean soft"
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=9661&hubname=

He doesn't have to put every opposing player through the glass.Soft means he doesn't shy away from contact.I am not comparing him to Sergei Zubov but the rap on Zubov early in his Rangers career was that not only was Zubov not a physical player but that he was soft(didn't play with a wrist injury) and didn't like to get hit.That is the reason why the Rangers foolishly traded Zubov.The NHL was allegedly going to do away with forwards being able to hold up the opposing forwards from forechecking but the NHL didn't.I don't know why people always focus on the negatives.Brian Leetch wasn't a physical player in his career.Leetch needed a compass in his own zone early in his career.Either was Paul Coffey.Or Phil Housley.Or Zubov.I'm not comparing Sanguinetti to any of those players.Just pointing out that there is more to playing defense than being physical.Skating,Shooting,Puck handling are important.The NHL doesn't have many players on defense like Leetch,Coffey,Housley,etc anymore.A pure offensive defenseman.

Old
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
He doesn't have to put every opposing player through the glass.Soft means he doesn't shy away from contact.I am not comparing him to Sergei Zubov but the rap on Zubov early in his Rangers career was that not only was Zubov not a physical player but that he was soft(didn't play with a wrist injury) and didn't like to get hit.That is the reason why the Rangers foolishly traded Zubov.The NHL was allegedly going to do away with forwards being able to hold up the opposing forwards from forechecking but the NHL didn't.I don't know why people always focus on the negatives.Brian Leetch wasn't a physical player in his career.Leetch needed a compass in his own zone early in his career.Either was Paul Coffey.Or Phil Housley.Or Zubov.I'm not comparing Sanguinetti to any of those players.Just pointing out that there is more to playing defense than being physical.Skating,Shooting,Puck handling are important.The NHL doesn't have many players on defense like Leetch,Coffey,Housley,etc anymore.A pure offensive defenseman.
I agree. Sometimes fans of the game get too bogged down in wanting to see defensemen make highlight reel hits. Like you said, there's more to playing defense than destroying people with hits. How many times a year do you see a highlight of Lidstrom or Niedermayer pasting someone into the boards? Never. That doesn't mean they aren't great defensemen. (not saying Sanguinetti will ever be close to these types of players, just using them as examples of effective defensemen who don't play like Vishnevski or Witt do). If Sanguinetti can learn effective positioning and make good outlet passes to his forwards, then he'll be on his way to being pretty good defensively.

Old
03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

He certainly did "lay the lumber" on that guy.

Old
03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Nich

Oh Baby!!!

Old
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NHL doesn't have many players on defense like Leetch,Coffey,Housley,etc anymore.A pure offensive defenseman.
Yeah, even if I like Sanguetti, his potential aren't close to atleast Leetch and Coffey.

We have to give these new rules 10 years before we see the next Leetch.

Remember that Leetch in terms of talent were up there with the best forwards. Any D today who can compete with a Kovalchuk/Ovechkin/Crosby in terms of offensive skills? No, not even close. I mean Jack Johnson is so far behind Ovechkin when it comes to offensive skills that it aren't even funny.

The biggest talents doesn't play D today, you haven't been able to transport the puck in the game of hockey for a long time, the changes needs to come at the young ages, then a semi talented D must come up and set a example ect. Kids of today have never seen a puckmoving D. Haven't been one in this league since Leetch prime were over. Guys like Kaberle are tremendous with the puck up untill the redline, then they can only dump it in.

Old
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Speaking of Kaberle, I actually think that Sanguinetti's TOP end potential is around Kaberle's.

Old
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
dank

some more video.. from that exciting day..

http://nhldraftnet.aol.com/NHLDraftNet/index.php?ID=63

another question is: How'd the Rangers know that Sangs would fall that far, they have the jersey ready for him with his name on the back..

Old
03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
some more video.. from that exciting day..

http://nhldraftnet.aol.com/NHLDraftNet/index.php?ID=63

another question is: How'd the Rangers know that Sangs would fall that far, they have the jersey ready for him with his name on the back..
Going back to my good ol days I remember the Rangers making about 15-20 jersey's up for the draft, the reality is that the cost to them is pretty minimal. Whoever was in their top 20, would have a jersey made or at least the guys who there is a shot might be available. For example in 2005 I can gurantee you that they had a Staal jersey and a Bourett one as well. In 2004 they had a Montoya and also a Olesz and Stafford, etc.

Old
03-07-2007, 04:39 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Going back to my good ol days I remember the Rangers making about 15-20 jersey's up for the draft, the reality is that the cost to them is pretty minimal. Whoever was in their top 20, would have a jersey made or at least the guys who there is a shot might be available. For example in 2005 I can gurantee you that they had a Staal jersey and a Bourett one as well. In 2004 they had a Montoya and also a Olesz and Stafford, etc.

Old
03-07-2007, 04:43 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This video is already in the prospects thread.

And no, one hit doesn't mean a thing really, but nice to see
any footage of Bobby Sang.
Exactly.

If you want to talk about this hit which was indeed posted months ago in the prospect thread then please go there.

Closed Thread