HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines in Practice (Dubinsky w/Straka)

Old
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I'm very glad that they are doing this with Dubi right now, though I feel that Cally should've gotten a look first.
Again, I think it has a lot to do with wanting a center.

It could also have to do with Dubinsky playing well recently and Callahan being in a bit of a slump

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I like these lines. I am excited to see Dubinsky play.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
If Dubi fails, I'd rather give Cally or Dawes a shot and just move Straka to center.

Immonen has already had his chance and hasn't shown he's a 2nd line center, IMO. Rather give Dawes or Cally a chance to show us that they are at least 2nd line wings.
can straka even take draws with his shoulder? he cant shoot right now how can he win a faceoff? thats probably the only reason nylader is back with jagr right now

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Nah, the Rangers don't like playing young players...BTW, thanks for not mentioning me on your little waltz down memory lane at RFC...since I'm totally shallow and in constant need of re-affirmation, it will be difficult to get over the slight.
You don't count.....Because you still throw in the proverbial nuggets now and then and grace RFC with your occasional presence..That was more of a list Of Wall Keyser Soze's..Feel better?

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
You don't count.....Because you still throw in the proverbial nuggets now and then and grace RFC with your occasional presence..That was more of a list Of Wall Keyser Soze's..Feel better?
Actually, I found most of it amusing...last time I met up with Belle and Sassy was at another Ranger site. Sassy, if you remember had a huge mancrush on Fleury. And, then there was Egan, who was another trip...anyway, I just felt like tweaking you...

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

excellent lines. finally Renney does something i agree with.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 04:13 PM
outofrange

I really can't wait to see this...looks good.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 04:51 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Do you watch the Rangers play at all? You have some seriously weird opinions.
You mean you guys actually watch hockey games. Maybe I should try that.

To receive a comment like that from someone with your opinions is about as high a compliment as I could ever hope to receive here.

The next time Isbister finishes a play instead of having the puck roll off his stick after he almost circles around a defenseman you should alert the media.

There's a reason he's become a failure at the NHL level after such high hopes for him. Maybe all of the other GMs don't have a clue either. Good thing you're here to straighten them out.

He hustles for a game (along with every other person in a Rangers jersey) and people act like he's now worth something. When a team dominates like that no one looks bad. The proof is that you can't name a guy who didn't look good that game.

He is a poster boy for failed expectations.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Those lines dont look bad at all. I cant wait untill tomorrow's game!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Isbister might not have much finish to his game, but the guy plays out there. He's fast, he hits, he certainly has a somewhat decent shot but nothing spectacular, and he tries hard. I mean, I don't understand how you can say he brings NOTHING to the table.

That's just an ignorant comment.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Fireonk

I like Dubinsky being paired up with Straka. You want someone as defensively responsibly as Straka with Dubinsky for his first outing. Hopefully takes out some of the kid's nerves by having confidence that he'll be backed up properly if he makes a mistake. It also allows Marty to play a role in which his shoulder isnt as taxed.

Fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Garv23

I like these lines. Lookin forward to seeing what Dubinsky can bring. This damn game can't come soon enough...

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Janerixon

These are the lines i suggessted yesterday in the liffiton/dubinsky called up thread

im very excited on these lines

there is some good size on that second line with dubinsky and isbister to make room for straka

i like avery with nylander and jagr, avery goes to the net, works to boards, makes good passes, and plays the game the way it should be

we have a good chance tommorrow with these lines

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 06:37 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Those lines are not bad...but I would rather switch Avery and Isbister:

Isbister - Nylander - Jagr

Straka - Dubinsky - Avery

I just think that 2nd line will need Avery's help since it is Dubinsky's first game in the NHL and Straka's 2nd since the injury. Avery is the type of guy to get any line going with his hard work. The 1st line can do fine with just Isbister ...
I would much rather switch isbister and prucha... prucha's been HOT on the RW, plus i dont see why he doesnt deserve 2nd line minutes

yet on the other hand, the COP line is reunited. YAY!!

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
I would much rather switch isbister and prucha... prucha's been HOT on the RW, plus i dont see why he doesnt deserve 2nd line minutes

yet on the other hand, the COP line is reunited. YAY!!
With Straka's sore shoulder and Dubi's first game, I'm fairly confident when I say the COP line will be getting the same, if not more, ice time as Straka's.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
eco's bones

Excited to see Dubinsky maybe playing on the 2nd line. Making my hopefully yearly appearance at MSG on tuesday against Ottawa and hoping he'll be around. One of my favorite prospects.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Edge

Excited to see the Rangers taking a look at a 20 year old center who has gotten better every year and fills a need.

May not be Callahan, but I think that's kind of splitting hairs. We're still taking a look at a top prospect who isn't even old enough to go out for a post game beer.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Looking forward to see what Dubinsky is going to do, but at the same time i'm worried if he doesn't jump right play an above average period/shift that Renney will just demote him to the 4th line.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Fletch

It is exciting...

surprised Liffiton was called up for sure, and a little surprised about Dubi too since the kid's only looked like an AHLer off and on for the past couple months. Nonetheless, getting a shot playing with Straka helps a youngster. Isbister on the right though...where's Callahan?

And for the person who asked if Isbister and Dubi played on the same line in Hartford...the answer,for the most part, is no.

I'm back off to what I'm doing in China.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Edge

Was wondering where you've been.

You, SOS, TrueBlue.

Seems like we're a few people short this month.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Zil

Quote:
If Dubi fails, I'd rather give Cally or Dawes a shot and just move Straka to center.

Immonen has already had his chance and hasn't shown he's a 2nd line center, IMO. Rather give Dawes or Cally a chance to show us that they are at least 2nd line wings.
Not that Isbister hasn't played well but you can't really say Immonen has had his chance. He has had very limited ice time and has given decent production considering that. Without his faceoff win against St. Louis we might be done right now. I'm not convinced Immonen's AHL numbers really represent his capabilities because he probably feels (rightly so) that he has nothing left to prove there after last season.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
shoothepuck

The lines look OK, though you would think Prucha would get 2nd line minutes, but he plays well with the COP line, and will make up time on the pp. Maybe Renney feels that playing Isbister against his old team will motivate him, plus Brad should be smart enough to realize that if he dosen't showcase himself, it's off to the AHL

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:39 PM
dynamoovechkin

I sure hope that COP line gets more meaningful minutes and not just on the penalty kill. Prucha has been flying and Cullen has played his best hockey of the season of late. That line is going to be the difference tomorrow night, mark my words!

It's gonna be a tough game in their rink, but as long as Jagr brings it like he did last game, we'll be alright. It would be so great to get this win...discipline boys! Stay out of the box! We're bound to score some if we get 7 power plays like we did the other night.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:39 PM
chosen

Quote:
Isbister might not have much finish to his game, but the guy plays out there. He's fast, he hits, he certainly has a somewhat decent shot but nothing spectacular, and he tries hard. I mean, I don't understand how you can say he brings NOTHING to the table.

That's just an ignorant comment.
Please show me where I said he doesn't try hard. You can't. I questioned his results. I cannot help that you either don't understand this or choose to ignore it.

Isbister might have some value as a checker but he has virtually no value as an offensive contributor. If you believe otherwise you should be reprimanding yourself for your ignorant beliefs instead of worrying about whether or not I ever watch games or whether or not I harbor weird opinions.

Forget Isbister's career. Watch a single game and the rest of his career no longer applies. That is your belief. And then you criticize my abilities to understand what I see.

He looked good in a game where the Rangers were perhaps more dominant than any other Rangers team I can remember. I hope he averages a point a game the rest of the way. I just don't think he can perform at half that level.

Prucha should have Isbister's spot and Isbister should have Prucha's spot.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:54 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Why would you remove Prucha from the line he's had a very good amount of success with?

What's your logic on that?

Why fix something that isn't broken?

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote