HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is Prucha's future with the rangers?

Old
03-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

vCash: 500
What is Prucha's future with the rangers?

I would love to see them sign him to a nice long contract, but judging from the hits he takes everygame its just a matter of time before he gets hurt. I wish the coaches would just make him train on this offseason and gain about 20 lbs, I think that would really help his game with out making him lose his tenacity. I don't know why they didn't bulk him up this last summer. But he is such a cuase and effect player, even when he is not scoring he is stirring the pot.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
I would love to see them sign him to a nice long contract, but judging from the hits he takes everygame its just a matter of time before he gets hurt. I wish the coaches would just make him train on this offseason and gain about 20 lbs, I think that would really help his game with out making him lose his tenacity. I don't know why they didn't bulk him up this last summer. But he is such a cuase and effect player, even when he is not scoring he is stirring the pot.
it's just not that easy. add 20 pounds to a 5'10 or so frame and expect there to be a loss in quickness.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
TheRedressor

he is our skilled heart and sould player.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
it's just not that easy. add 20 pounds to a 5'10 or so frame and expect there to be a loss in quickness.
or even playing style and ability. Just accept him for what he is.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
You can't worry about players getting hurt, your not going to win Stanley Cups this way because it's the equivalent of playing not to lose.

You got good young players, you keep them and hope for the best.

03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

he is my favorite player, it just hurts to watch him take one of those devistating hits he seems to take every game. he really does try so hard. what a great guy to have on your team.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
he is my favorite player, it just hurts to watch him take one of those devistating hits he seems to take every game. he really does try so hard. what a great guy to have on your team.
it probably bothers you more than it does him

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
free0717

Quote:
I think he is one of these guys that just cant put on weight.

Lucky Duck

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
I think he is one of these guys that just cant put on weight.

Lucky Duck
Anyone can put on weight if they needed to... just eat more. Not much to do during the offseason anyway, so might as well indulge

Prucha is my favorite Ranger right now. If he goes somewhere I'm going to be crying myself to sleep for some time

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 09:47 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Anyone can put on weight if they needed to... just eat more. Not much to do during the offseason anyway, so might as well indulge

Prucha is my favorite Ranger right now. If he goes somewhere I'm going to be crying myself to sleep for some time
i second that... if he goes, fans will erupt

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 10:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Many players change their game a bit as they get older and their game matures more. That said, I think Prucha's game will also change and become a little less reckless as he gets older.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
NYROrtsFan

ONe would figure that Prucha will get better at anticipating the hits.

But to add some strength woudl be nice... 20 lbs over a year would be too much to ask imo but I think it would be smart if Prucha would set a 10 lb goal. Add around 5 lbs of muscle and around 5 more as well. Would help him take the hits and also help his strength on the puck and even dishing out the hits.

Plus some guys in all sports have a knack for not getting too hurt. Prucha seems to be holding up pretty well with that for the most part. His only injury really didnt have anything to do with him taking those beatings he does in front of the net. Just a typical injury that any sports player can sustain.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:15 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Prucha is easily one of my favorite players on both the Rangers and in the entire league. Last year's great rookie year won me over but his grittyness and hard work clinch it.

The thing I really like about him is the way he has played this year. He doesn't nearly have as many goals as last year obviously, since he's not taking anyone by surprise, but he has adapted his game to doing more little things and even getting more assists than last year. He just takes hits over and over and bounces right back..I wish more guys would be like that rather than just flopping whenever they get touched.

But that is the thing that also annoys me when I see people who obviously don't watch the Rangers on a nightly basis - they don't see what he brings besides his offensive numbers being down this season. He works harder than almost anyone.

I'm thinking of making Prucha my next Rangers jersey to buy especially since I am looking to get one more before they change the style next season.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:15 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:

The Rangers for sometime have stressed Petr in gaining muscle mass. During many postgame interviews last season, Petr was always drinking a protein shake.

As referenced in a Rodent article last year, Ranger brass hoped he would bulk up a bit in the offseason.

Adding weight and adding lean muscle mass are completely different. It takes time (usually 6+ months) and the season, as evidenced by Jagr, is not conducive to strength training.

I would surmise you will see a slightly thickened, but not overly bulked Prucha in his third season. He'll have a stronger understanding of his initial success in relation to his 2nd year and the necessary bodytype changes to help him succeed. Reg Grant also does his homework. The personalized physical development guides given to the prospects are top notch.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:18 PM
BwayBshirt

at least with prucha we aren't seeing mike york part 2...

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 11:41 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Prucha could easily have 20 goals by now had he been getting the PP time he was accustomed to last season....

I would be perfectly happy if he was an inexpensive 20-25 goal a year player for us... If we can assemble a team similar to the Sabres, with lots of scoring depth and a well balanced offense, Prucha would be a perfect fit for a 3rd line winger.... Assuming he's playing with a Centerman with playmaking ability (hopefully Dubinsky in the future)...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Balej20*

Prucha will score 35-40 next year, write it down. He's playing with no confidence at all this year (Partially due to Renney not giving him chances, partically due to him not getting breaks he got last year), plus he's been figured out by other teams (hit him and hit him hard). Next year he'll have time to adjust, put on some muscle, regain his confidence, and he will become a high quality finisher on the 2nd line with a good player to get him the puck.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 01:52 AM
slim399

We are going to run into a very good problem 2 years from now. We just have too many 2nd/ 3rd line players. It's hard to know where all theys guys are going to fit.

You figure two years from now if everything goes as planned our 2nd-4th lines look like this.

Korpikoski-Anisimov-Bourret
Pyatt-Dubinksy-Callahan
Dupont-Avery-Jessimen

We are starving for future first line talent and I only see one of hossa, dawes and prucha... if any getting that first line left wing spot.

I really like prucha... but I have a feeling he will be dealt with montoya for that first line center we need for the future. Most likely being Horton or Lecavalier

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post
We are going to run into a very good problem 2 years from now. We just have too many 2nd/ 3rd line players. It's hard to know where all theys guys are going to fit.

You figure two years from now if everything goes as planned our 2nd-4th lines look like this.

Pyatt-Dubinksy-Callahan
Dupont-Avery-Jessimen

We are starving for future first line talent and I only see one of hossa, dawes and prucha... if any getting that first line left wing spot.

I really like prucha... but I have a feeling he will be dealt with montoya for that first line center we need for the future. Most likely being Horton or Lecavalier
It's never a bad thing to have too much of a good thing. First, you never know who will and who wont pan out. Chances are, only half the guys you mentioned up there will pan out. If we happen to have a surplus of 2nd/3rd line players who DO pan out, that is when we use the excess to trade for a first line talent.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Prucha - It is fine for him to put on 5 or 10 pounds. Howeve, if he puts on more than that ,he may lose his speed. He is already not the fastest player as his first step is rather poor. I honestly dont think he needs to put on a lot of weight as he is tough and gets through the hits...he doesnt mind it.

2nd/3rd liners - I agree we have a lot of those. What we can, and need, to do is trade from strenght and get a 1st liner. What is our strenght? I would say it is in goal. We have Lundqvist, Montoya and Holt. All young, talented goalies. I think that Lundqvist can be a starter for many years, with Weekes and then Holt being his backups. Montoya is the guy I feel we should trade for a 1st line prospect. There are plenty of teams in need of better goaltending (Boston, Florida, etc).

I think we need to make this move now too because Montoya is hot right now in the AHL. I think Montoya will just not be as impressive in the NHL. So before he disappoints a bit at the NHL level, let's trade him for 1st line talent.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post

Pyatt-Dubinksy-Callahan
Dupont-Avery-Jessimen

It'd pretty much be an anomoly if the Rangers lineup looked like that in a few years. 3 lines completely filled with guys who were drafted or developed by the Rangers? not likely...and when you say the Rangers need talent, that's exactly why it's not likely you'll see all those guys in the Rangers lineup.

As much as we like the prospects, they're not all going to be around. Some will get traded in attempts to bring in talent that the Rangers lack. Some simply won't make the cut.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Prucha - It is fine for him to put on 5 or 10 pounds. Howeve, if he puts on more than that ,he may lose his speed. He is already not the fastest player as his first step is rather poor. I honestly dont think he needs to put on a lot of weight as he is tough and gets through the hits...he doesnt mind it.

2nd/3rd liners - I agree we have a lot of those. What we can, and need, to do is trade from strenght and get a 1st liner. What is our strenght? I would say it is in goal. We have Lundqvist, Montoya and Holt. All young, talented goalies. I think that Lundqvist can be a starter for many years, with Weekes and then Holt being his backups. Montoya is the guy I feel we should trade for a 1st line prospect. There are plenty of teams in need of better goaltending (Boston, Florida, etc).

I think we need to make this move now too because Montoya is hot right now in the AHL. I think Montoya will just not be as impressive in the NHL. So before he disappoints a bit at the NHL level, let's trade him for 1st line talent.
Boston has Rask and Toivonen in the system. I don't see why they'd want to give up something of value for another goaltending prospect...

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Boston has Rask and Toivonen in the system. I don't see why they'd want to give up something of value for another goaltending prospect...
Boston is not too bright as they have gone after guys like McDonald off waivers...

But there are plenty of other teams with shaky goaltending:
Tampa
Florida
Philly
Blues
Chicago
Phoenix

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:56 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
First of all, that's simply not true. Genetics and metabolism play a huge role, and some people just burn calories faster than others.

Secondly, putting on 20 pounds of muscle in a few months can cause serious long and short term negative effects. For starters, as others have mentioned, his speed, quickness, and agility will all suffer. He'll also be a lot more susceptible to cramping problems, which would be a major catastrophe for someone like Pruchs whose energy level is such an asset.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Levitate

putting on 20 lbs of muscle in just a few months is also impossible for most people (assuming a few months means 2-3).

That's a huuuuge amount of muscle.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote