HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Which team would you rather be?

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 04:47 PM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
Which team would you rather be?

This is a keeper league in Yahoo, pretty much all basic categories (G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, SH%, FW ... goalies W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO).

Team A (8/14, gunning for a push to make the playoffs (1-6/14) Gets: Dominek Hasek, Richard Zednik, Brendan Shannahan, Gary Roberts.

Team B (13/14, gunning for the top pick next year, who's vets like Shanny and Roberts are useless and have little trade value) Gets: Evgeni Nabokov, David Vyborny.

Old
02-09-2004, 04:59 PM
leafaholix*

A.

Zednik > Vyborny.
Shanahan, Roberts, Hasek > Nabokov.

Old
02-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Puckz

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
A.

Zednik > Vyborny.
Shanahan, Roberts, Hasek > Nabokov.
Nabokov > Hasek this season, and for seasons to come... Zednik and Vyborny are very close, Vyborny's defensive skills seem to be sacrificed for a little more offence. Either way, giving up Roberts and Shanahan, both still productive players, makes this deal far too unbalanced.

Old
02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
DJ Spinoza

Well, first, I am team B.

Roberts is completely worthless to my team. I've been trying to move him and couldn't get anything back. Shannahan is very good, and probably will be for maybe another year or two.

I'd take Vyborny over Zednik, but it's personal preference. Both are 50 point players, but I like Vyborny more now and for the future because he, Nash, and Zherdev are probably in the offensive core.

Nabokov seals me up in goal for a long time. I have Denis as well as Niitymaki and Miller. In retrospect, the deal really isn't that balanced, and I got ripped off in the short term. I probably should have attempted the deal without Zednik and see what he did with that, but oh well. Can't win them all.

I'm basically taking this as a huge improvement in goal and a possible improvement at wing. Geezers are geezers, and I wasn't really going to get much for either one, I think.

Considering my position in the league, it's about the best I can do. I've sealed off the goalie position for now and the next four/five years at least. I have Morris and Sopel to work with on D, and Richards, Vyborny, Legwand, Dumont to work with among others as a start for offense. Hoping to add Ovechkin.

I'm working on swinging a deal to get me Samsonov. He's a risk, but he's got a big reward. I'd really appreciate some thoughts here because I am torn over what to do.

Rolston/Dumont or Morris for Samsonov/Calder

I have Craig Conroy, who I am trying to work in there instead of Dumont or Morris. I think I could get a bit more in a trade with either one of them.

Old
02-10-2004, 03:30 PM
DJ Spinoza

Any new thoughts on the Hasek/Nabokov deal? With Hasek out for the season, I give myself the advantage. I lose two geezers and one good young player and get back a good young player and a great young goalie.

Good thing I made the deal...

Closed Thread