HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens sign Connor Crisp and Daniel Carr

Old
04-26-2014, 09:10 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We are at 37 right now. Guys that remains to be seen that will most likely get a contract:

Pateryn
Markov
Subban
Eller
Weise

But then, out of Vanek, Gionta, Bouillon, Murray, Weaver, Parros, White, Leblanc, Naatinen, Blunden, St-Pierre and Tarnasky....you will surely have at least 3 or 4 guys in there whether it's for the Habs or Habs/Dogs. And then, you still need to sign Thrower which they WILL sign.

I think that the guys who are surely out are:

Cichy
Nystrom
Parros
Dubnyk
Delmas
Czarnik

And there will be other in the list I mentioned before. But right now, you have almost 42 you can say that you are almost certain (including Markov). At least another 3 or 4 in the list I made of maybe's. So let say 45....add Thrower in there. The most pessimistic scenario sees the list at 46. And frankly, in the list I made, I wouldn't be surprised to see more than 3 of 4 on that list coming back....we could see Vanek AND Gionta at a reduced price, AND Murray and Weaver and White and Leblanc and Blunden and St-Pierre....Just like that you reach your limit.

So no, you are right. We are not at 50 already. And there's some space in there. But you see how it started at the Habs camp....you saw how it was at the US camp. You hear that report 1 month ago that the news is that Vail is NOT going to be signed. You see Crisp and Carr being signed and no news on Vail.....not too far fetched to think that this is all but done.
I'm still not going to write off the Vail situation. They thought enough of him to call him up for a handful of games after his junior season was over. I listened to one game and I really don't know how management could get a read on his on-ice abilities from the way that Lefebvre used him.

Hopefully someone from management was there to provide additional evaluation.

So while you can say it is all but done... it is just as easy to say they are still talking. Clearly Bergevin wanted to sign Crisp and got it done quickly. The Carr situation is completely different. He was an FA and the Habs were likely in a competitive situation with other teams. They didn't have the same luxury of time that they have with Vail.

If they don't sign him I will be disappointed that they didn't but I won't dwell on it forever. It will be time to move on and look to the future. It's like agonizing over Danny Kristo who was drafted six years ago and still hasn't played an NHL game.

In the meantime there could be more college free agents and undrafted juniors who are still on the radar screen. The talent pool looks better than it has in a long time although the team could use more depth at center and defense in the AHL, especially if Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu all graduate

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
One vet I would hope the Habs sign is Bud Holloway. Played in the KHL in his last 3 seasons, would a 2-way contract be good enough for him? I know he'd fix some of our offense.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
One vet I would hope the Habs sign is Bud Holloway. Played in the KHL in his last 3 seasons, would a 2-way contract be good enough for him? I know he'd fix some of our offense.
I imagine he makes more over in Europe. Doesn't LA still have his rights ? He "seems" comfortable over in Europe, so even more reason he won't come back.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I imagine he makes more over in Europe. Doesn't LA still have his rights ? He "seems" comfortable over in Europe, so even more reason he won't come back.
I threw his name out 'cause looking at that great site...http://www.eliteprospects.com/index.php?status=3days there are rumours of him leaving the KHL....So maybe it could be time to ask him if he's interested in coming back in NA even if it's a 2-way contract.....As far as his ties with the Kings...well he is still on their team...but so is Robert Czarnik. Unless Czarnik never stopped being a Kings for some odd reasons...

Old
04-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
.306 intangiscore/60
That puts him in the purple quadrant, right?

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 01:46 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 1363
Quote:
I threw his name out 'cause looking at that great site...http://www.eliteprospects.com/index.php?status=3days there are rumours of him leaving the KHL....So maybe it could be time to ask him if he's interested in coming back in NA even if it's a 2-way contract.....As far as his ties with the Kings...well he is still on their team...but so is Robert Czarnik. Unless Czarnik never stopped being a Kings for some odd reasons...

Wasn't Czarnik traded for Quailer?

c3z4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r View Post
Wasn't Czarnik traded for Quailer?
That's my point...he was and yet still is in the Kings site.

Old
04-27-2014, 02:37 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 1363
Quote:
That's my point...he was and yet still is in the Kings site.

I just checked and both Quailer and Czarnik have their own pages on both the Habs and the Kings websites. Weird situation.

c3z4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
With Aaron Downey....geez, that would mean some interesting fights coming....

Unless that's the training he's getting...that's more like it...

I'm pretty sure Connor will make our Habs tougher/harder to play against and that's great news. (Was super glad to hear - from a VERY reliable friend - that Connor is training with Downey...good stuff).

But...

...I didn't know this though...''Kenny Powders'' wrote that Connor just had surgery on his shoulder, so I'm assuming there might be a small delay in his intense training with Aaron Downey.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Pretty sure he played in the SEL and led the league in points in 2012-2013. I doubt the guy would come back to an AHL salary when he can get paid in Europe.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Pretty sure he played in the SEL and led the league in points in 2012-2013. I doubt the guy would come back to an AHL salary when he can get paid in Europe.
Like I said, seems that he's looking for a contract. Looking in Switzerland. If a team makes him think that he has a legitimate shot at the NHL with serious AHL money...makes he'd think it twice. Is there a maximum you have to give to a AHL'er in a 2-way contract?

Old
04-27-2014, 06:56 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Connor Crisp needed Surgery according to his twitter, does anybody know on what?

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricerStopDaPuck View Post
Connor Crisp needed Surgery according to his twitter, does anybody know on what?
Like I said earlier in the thread he had surgery to his right shoulder during the week. So I guess he wont be able to train before a month and a half maybe 2.

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 08:55 PM
HABitual Fan

Quote:
Like I said, seems that he's looking for a contract. Looking in Switzerland. If a team makes him think that he has a legitimate shot at the NHL with serious AHL money...makes he'd think it twice. Is there a maximum you have to give to a AHL'er in a 2-way contract?
Actually the Habs need to stop with the two-way contracts for the vets in Hamilton. All it does is tie up a roster spot in the 50 limit for older guys with no chance of making the team. They need to get them signed by the Bulldogs to AHL only contracts and pay them big money to be pure mercenaries.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
Actually the Habs need to stop with the two-way contracts for the vets in Hamilton. All it does is tie up a roster spot in the 50 limit for older guys with no chance of making the team. They need to get them signed by the Bulldogs to AHL only contracts and pay them big money to be pure mercenaries.
Well Holloway could, potentially, be a NHL'er. He has more chance to do so than a St-Pierre. But true that only a 1-way contract would make him quit Europe at this point. WAs just daydreaming.