HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Although we are die hard Habs fans...

Old
03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
When the Habs are winning - there (likely) is NOT a better place to play than in Montreal!

But, when the Habs are losing, there (likely) is not a more difficult place to play (or for that matter coach) than Montreal!
Very nicely put ND

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Kafka

vCash: 500
Despite all you guys say, Sidney Crosby would have ran here to play if we picked him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Lecavalier join the club once they become UFAs. This club has a huge reputation, and despite everything, being part of that tradition is not something you can buy.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Despite all you guys say, Sidney Crosby would have ran here to play if we picked him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Lecavalier join the club once they become UFAs. This club has a huge reputation, and despite everything, being part of that tradition is not something you can buy.

I agree that Crosby would have loved to have played with us. Not so sure he would feel quite the same now.

As nice as it is to think that players of Crosby's and Lecavalier's caliber would be willing to play for us when they become UFA's. I think a lot of that depends on how well our team is doing when that time comes.

Old
03-08-2007, 01:37 PM
marvelousmotion

Let's be honest for a second..

I would play for a team like Anaheim. That way, I'd be able to enjoy the sun, throw beach parties, watch chicks in bikinis, bring my kids to Disney World, make more money, walk on the streets without having a reporter follow me etc.. and the list goes on and on..

Not to mention that although new in history, the Ducks already have some kind of hockey magic. I'm convinced I'd be happy playing over there.

On the other hand, if I played for Montreal, I will probably be treated the same way Zednik has been treated by the fans. What if I give my best night in, night out, become a playoffs warrior, gave my heart to this team and even suffered a severe concussion playing for this oganization that could have ended my career? Will the fans be faithful of what I've done? NO. I will be traded to another team and come back to play in the town I had career years, the second I will touch the puck, I will hear BOOs for no reason at all. That's Montreal for you! UNFAITHFUL fans. Sad but true...

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Guy Caballero

I'd only play for the Habs. But in my fantasy, I'm also the greatest player ever to play the game, a Howe/Richard type player with Gretzky-like vision and Brett Hull's shot. And I also play D from time to time just to mess with the other coach's head. So things are easier for me in Montreal.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
I'd only play for the Habs. But in my fantasy, I'm also the greatest player ever to play the game, a Howe/Richard type player with Gretzky-like vision and Brett Hull's shot. And I also play D from time to time just to mess with the other coach's head. So things are easier for me in Montreal.
Hell of a lot better then my dreams...I start off fine...centering a line of Guy Lafleur and Steve Shutt. But then I get body checked really hard...black out and come to as CUBE!!!.....Then I wake up for real in a cold sweat, gawd I hate that dream.

Old
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post

Is it just me or are we just trying to kid ourselves with this Crosby thing. IMHO it's not just the media that overblows everything. Crosby mentions that his favorite team growing up was the Habs and all of a sudden we expect him to sign here as soon as he's eligible for FA.

As for Lecavalier, I may be wrong but he could have tested the UFA market this year if he had wanted to by not signing the contract he did. I'm sure Montreal would have been his first choice.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote