HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price, I'm liking this pick more and more...

Old
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
There are similarities but he has that extra quickness, smarts and stickhandling abilities.
Sounds very good to me, I am really looking forward to seeing him in Hamilton next year.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Haddock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I personally think this is the major reason why management selected him. I think it takes a certain type of goalie to succeed in Montreal, and Price definately has the make up to be one of those goalies. Has a similiar demeaner to Huet, whose mental make up totally suits Montreal (unlike Abby and Theo, whose emotions get to high and low to play consisant for long periods of time).
You have to commend Trevor Timmins for that. When they drafted him, the word on Price has lots of talent, but needs to work on his maturity. We saw an example of that during the WJC of that year. I guess Timmins and the scouting team made sure that his surroundings were good for his develpment not only as a player, but as a man. We saw a very different Carey Price at this year's training camp. Bravos all around!

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote