HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFA's

Old
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Predulov

vCash: 500
UFA's

Out of all our players which will become UFA's at season's end, who do you feel are the biggest priorities to re-sign,

Timonen
Forsberg
Kariya
Hartnell

I would say kariya is the most important, and then Timonen.
Any word on Hartnell's foot?

Forsberg may be real good in the playoffs and not re aggravate his foot.

Am I missing any other UFA's?

Predulov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Jarnberg

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=352130
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=344952
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=337469
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=320725

Those might have some insight into the topic

In addition, I feel:

Kariya - Timonen - Hartnell - Forsberg

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Kariya - Hartnell - Timonen & Forsberg tied

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Kariya - Forsberg - Timonen - Hartnell - Vishnevski

We know that Kariya is the main piece to the puzzle and that getting him resigned is a priority for the Predators. In addition, although I would not have normally listed Forsberg as a possibility...I believe that depending on how this year finishes out that Forsberg and Kariya might work a Kariya - Selanne type of deal where they stick together and go to the same team (hopefully Nashville).

I would love to see Kimmo reupped for a couple more years and see Zidlicky moved...allowing for Klein or someone else to step into the lineup full-time next season and free up some salary to resign our free agents. Gotta believe that there is not going to be too much of a discount given to the Predators by Timonen, nor should there be...however, I do believe if it came down to similiar offers from the Predators and another team that he would select to stay in Nashville.

Hartnell I would love to see resigned, but I just don't think it is going to happen. He is a young power forward that is having a career year (or was until the foot) and will seek to be compensated as such. I simply think that he will test the market to gain leverage against the Predators and then teams will simply outbid/overpay for his services and the Predators will balk and the asking price.

Vishnevski is a player I want to see more of this season before I can gauge his long-term usefulness to us. I really think that he can be a steady blueliner on the third pairing and with us trading away Parent and Timonen up for UFA status...I don't think we have too many options here that we can do worse with. I would like to see Vishnevski signed and used as a 5th defenseman, but will not be shocked at all if we simply see him walk at season's end.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Given that Trotz doesn't like to play Vishnevski even now(which is frustrating), I can't see him even wanting to stick around.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Given that Trotz doesn't like to play Vishnevski even now(which is frustrating), I can't see him even wanting to stick around.
Exactly what I was thinking, but...there is a long time between the end of the season and now (hopefully) and Vishnevski will have opportunities to force his way into the lineup beginning tonight with Zids out.

When opportunity knocks...answer the door!

Here's to V2 getting on track tonight

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote