HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Old
04-28-2014, 05:22 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Hopefully your colors transplant from yellow to blue as well
The lightning have always been a team I liked and respected so I'll have no problem rooting for the Bolts. I'll have to reconcile any B's/Bolts conflicts but I'll figure it out as I go . Depending on how $$ all sugar off after buying the new place etc I plan on getting @ least a 10 game package for the wife and I.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 05:37 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistDayKare View Post
Lately i've been partial to this

http://www.tampabaybrewingcompany.com/

+1 Went there a few years back when I was TDY. The food was pretty good too as I remember.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 06:33 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
There's not much to do and there are better beaches all over Florida
You mean like Sanibel? What places would you suggest for a 2-week road trip with the girlfriend?

Last year we were in Miami Beach, Key West, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers Beach and Tampa.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
MattM92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
You mean like Sanibel? What places would you suggest for a 2-week road trip with the girlfriend?

Last year we were in Miami Beach, Key West, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers Beach and Tampa.
Clearwater beach in nice. You need to hit the East coast beaches as well.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Clearwater beach in nice. You need to hit the East coast beaches as well.
Yeah, we've been to Clearwater and it was great.

We haven't decided yet where in particular in Florida we want to spend our vacation. My boss (who has a house in Jacksonville and visits Florida all the time with his family) just told me that the Panhandle is really underrated and has one of the best beaches ("Florida's best-kept secrets") that at the same time are not so crowded (except Panama City).

So I'm open for suggestions really.

Old
04-28-2014, 11:53 AM
berlin
wait...... what?

Check out Siesta Key in Sarasota

berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 05:55 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post

Maybe do Jacksonville south through St Augustine, the Space Coast, Daytona/Cocoa Beach, to Orlando. Tons to do and see and nice beaches. Seriously, there's nothing much up in the panhandle. Maybe some less populated beaches but you can find that anywhere.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Sherlock007
Avs Fan

Hey I'm new to the side forum. But I want to introduce my self! I am from Colorado(born in Nashville though) but moved here 10 years ago and live in Orlando where all my family is from Leesburg. I'm an Avs fan first in foremost but I played hockey here at RDV after playing travel hockey in CO and played for the Stars for one year here Then played all my high school here. I been tons of Bolts games but I haven't been a fan a first but now I am going to UCF(History Degree) because I can't move back to Colorado because of intuition costs went up because I left so long ago. I used to work at the Amway Center for security. Now I love the Bolts as my second team and my favorite player is Victor Hedmen. Although I hate living in Orlando(way to hot and no ocean breeze) I love the city of Tampa. Although I will be moving back to Colorado the Bolts will be my second favorite team. I can't wait for this season and can't wait to see more Bolts games this year at the Forum!

Sorry if my grammar is bad I'm have a Disability

Sherlock007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 04:46 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock007 View Post
Hey I'm new to the side forum. But I want to introduce my self! I am from Colorado(born in Nashville though) but moved here 10 years ago and live in Orlando where all my family is from Leesburg. I'm an Avs fan first in foremost but I played hockey here at RDV after playing travel hockey in CO and played for the Stars for one year here Then played all my high school here. I been tons of Bolts games but I haven't been a fan a first but now I am going to UCF(History Degree) because I can't move back to Colorado because of intuition costs went up because I left so long ago. I used to work at the Amway Center for security. Now I love the Bolts as my second team and my favorite player is Victor Hedmen. Although I hate living in Orlando(way to hot and no ocean breeze) I love the city of Tampa. Although I will be moving back to Colorado the Bolts will be my second favorite team. I can't wait for this season and can't wait to see more Bolts games this year at the Forum!

Sorry if my grammar is bad I'm have a Disability
Welcome aboard!

Old
07-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Bedford Bolt

Guys, I have a couple of questions, flying over in October and will be staying in Orlando area but coming into Tampa for a few of the day I am here (mainly to watch the games).

1. What are the nicest beaches in the Tampa area, preferably near some bars..
2. Any must see attractions in Tampa?

Bedford Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote