HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Visitors Guide To Tampa: All Questions Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-28-2014, 06:22 AM
  #276
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Hopefully your colors transplant from yellow to blue as well
The lightning have always been a team I liked and respected so I'll have no problem rooting for the Bolts. I'll have to reconcile any B's/Bolts conflicts but I'll figure it out as I go . Depending on how $$ all sugar off after buying the new place etc I plan on getting @ least a 10 game package for the wife and I.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 06:37 AM
  #277
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistDayKare View Post
Lately i've been partial to this

http://www.tampabaybrewingcompany.com/

+1 Went there a few years back when I was TDY. The food was pretty good too as I remember.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 07:33 AM
  #278
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
There's not much to do and there are better beaches all over Florida
You mean like Sanibel? What places would you suggest for a 2-week road trip with the girlfriend?

Last year we were in Miami Beach, Key West, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers Beach and Tampa.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 12:05 PM
  #279
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
You mean like Sanibel? What places would you suggest for a 2-week road trip with the girlfriend?

Last year we were in Miami Beach, Key West, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers Beach and Tampa.
Clearwater beach in nice. You need to hit the East coast beaches as well.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
  #280
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Clearwater beach in nice. You need to hit the East coast beaches as well.
Yeah, we've been to Clearwater and it was great.

We haven't decided yet where in particular in Florida we want to spend our vacation. My boss (who has a house in Jacksonville and visits Florida all the time with his family) just told me that the Panhandle is really underrated and has one of the best beaches ("Florida's best-kept secrets") that at the same time are not so crowded (except Panama City).

So I'm open for suggestions really.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 12:53 PM
  #281
berlin
wait...... what?
 
berlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: kitchen
Country: United States
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Check out Siesta Key in Sarasota

berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM
  #282
snowden
Man is matter
 
snowden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
You mean like Sanibel? What places would you suggest for a 2-week road trip with the girlfriend?

Last year we were in Miami Beach, Key West, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers Beach and Tampa.
Maybe do Jacksonville south through St Augustine, the Space Coast, Daytona/Cocoa Beach, to Orlando. Tons to do and see and nice beaches. Seriously, there's nothing much up in the panhandle. Maybe some less populated beaches but you can find that anywhere.

snowden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 12:46 PM
  #283
Lord Moriarty007
Avs fan stuck in FL!
 
Lord Moriarty007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Hey I'm new to the side forum. But I want to introduce my self! I am from Colorado(born in Nashville though) but moved here 10 years ago and live in Orlando where all my family is from Leesburg. I'm an Avs fan first in foremost but I played hockey here at RDV after playing travel hockey in CO and played for the Stars for one year here Then played all my high school here. I been tons of Bolts games but I haven't been a fan a first but now I am going to UCF(History Degree) because I can't move back to Colorado because of intuition costs went up because I left so long ago. I used to work at the Amway Center for security. Now I love the Bolts as my second team and my favorite player is Victor Hedmen. Although I hate living in Orlando(way to hot and no ocean breeze) I love the city of Tampa. Although I will be moving back to Colorado the Bolts will be my second favorite team. I can't wait for this season and can't wait to see more Bolts games this year at the Forum!

Sorry if my grammar is bad I'm have a Disability

Lord Moriarty007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 05:46 PM
  #284
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock007 View Post
Hey I'm new to the side forum. But I want to introduce my self! I am from Colorado(born in Nashville though) but moved here 10 years ago and live in Orlando where all my family is from Leesburg. I'm an Avs fan first in foremost but I played hockey here at RDV after playing travel hockey in CO and played for the Stars for one year here Then played all my high school here. I been tons of Bolts games but I haven't been a fan a first but now I am going to UCF(History Degree) because I can't move back to Colorado because of intuition costs went up because I left so long ago. I used to work at the Amway Center for security. Now I love the Bolts as my second team and my favorite player is Victor Hedmen. Although I hate living in Orlando(way to hot and no ocean breeze) I love the city of Tampa. Although I will be moving back to Colorado the Bolts will be my second favorite team. I can't wait for this season and can't wait to see more Bolts games this year at the Forum!

Sorry if my grammar is bad I'm have a Disability
Welcome aboard!

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2014, 07:46 AM
  #285
Bedford Bolt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Guys, I have a couple of questions, flying over in October and will be staying in Orlando area but coming into Tampa for a few of the day I am here (mainly to watch the games).

1. What are the nicest beaches in the Tampa area, preferably near some bars..
2. Any must see attractions in Tampa?

Bedford Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 10:53 AM
  #286
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
Maybe do Jacksonville south through St Augustine, the Space Coast, Daytona/Cocoa Beach, to Orlando. Tons to do and see and nice beaches. Seriously, there's nothing much up in the panhandle. Maybe some less populated beaches but you can find that anywhere.
So we'll be doing Jacksonville (or rather St. Augustine) and then a couple of days in the Panhandle. I've heard Destin is great so we'll probably be staying there and maybe Panama City or Pensacola and be checking out the beaches around the area.

Any other suggestions or recommendations re: the Panhandle?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 11:17 AM
  #287
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,015
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford Bolt View Post
Guys, I have a couple of questions, flying over in October and will be staying in Orlando area but coming into Tampa for a few of the day I am here (mainly to watch the games).

1. What are the nicest beaches in the Tampa area, preferably near some bars..
2. Any must see attractions in Tampa?
Can't go wrong with Clearwater Beach. Same with St. Pete Beach. Fort Desoto is nicer than both but it's a county park so no bars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
So we'll be doing Jacksonville (or rather St. Augustine) and then a couple of days in the Panhandle. I've heard Destin is great so we'll probably be staying there and maybe Panama City or Pensacola and be checking out the beaches around the area.

Any other suggestions or recommendations re: the Panhandle?
Never been to the Panhandle but enjoy St. Augustine, it's one of my favorite places in Florida. If you are into Military history I highly recommend Fort Matanzas. Castillo de San Marcos is bigger and closer to St. Augustine but wasn't as interesting IMO.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 11:21 AM
  #288
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
So we'll be doing Jacksonville (or rather St. Augustine) and then a couple of days in the Panhandle. I've heard Destin is great so we'll probably be staying there and maybe Panama City or Pensacola and be checking out the beaches around the area.

Any other suggestions or recommendations re: the Panhandle?
Never been up to the panhandle but St. Augustine is beautiful. Went there last year and there is so much history. If you like that sorta thing, take as many tours as you can and do all the gimmicky little attractions. You won't regret it.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 11:24 AM
  #289
Lightningfan24
Para Para Paradise
 
Lightningfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford Bolt View Post
Guys, I have a couple of questions, flying over in October and will be staying in Orlando area but coming into Tampa for a few of the day I am here (mainly to watch the games).

1. What are the nicest beaches in the Tampa area, preferably near some bars..
2. Any must see attractions in Tampa?
I'm doing the same thing, staying in Orlando in October, and then driving over to Tampa for the home opener, and then plan to go to the following Monday game.

Yeah I hear Clearwater is very nice, I am more familiar with south of Tampa like in the Sarasota area, and am familiar with Orlando as well, hopefully can find some cool spots in Tampa, so year if anyone else has any recommendations please post them, and see you at the the home opener!!!

Lightningfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 11:55 AM
  #290
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,472
vCash: 500
Thanks Patrick & Matt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford Bolt View Post
Guys, I have a couple of questions, flying over in October and will be staying in Orlando area but coming into Tampa for a few of the day I am here (mainly to watch the games).

1. What are the nicest beaches in the Tampa area, preferably near some bars..
2. Any must see attractions in Tampa?
1. As others have said Clearwater Beach is beautiful.
2. Go check out Ybor City.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2014, 03:16 AM
  #291
Bedford Bolt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Thanks Patrick & Matt!



1. As others have said Clearwater Beach is beautiful.
2. Go check out Ybor City.
Thanks everyone. If you see 7 loud / drunk brits at the devils or habs games that's us!


Last edited by LightningStrikes: 08-04-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
Bedford Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 01:03 PM
  #292
Lightningfan24
Para Para Paradise
 
Lightningfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford Bolt View Post
Thanks everyone. If you see 7 loud / drunk brits at the devils or habs games that's us!
Lol

I'll buy you guys a round should be at the Habs game also.

Lightningfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2014, 01:14 PM
  #293
angelsil
On Thin Ice
 
angelsil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford Bolt View Post
Thanks everyone. If you see 7 loud / drunk brits at the devils or habs games that's us!
My BFF and I will be at both games. She's a Devils fan flying in from Jersey for the game. We'll be the 2 chicks down front in respective #30 jerseys (Brodeur/Bishop) threatening to trade players for bags of pucks if they don't perform (also drinking).

angelsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 08:11 AM
  #294
Bedford Bolt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLightning24 View Post
Lol

I'll buy you guys a round should be at the Habs game also.
Sounds good to me!

To say I am excited is a huge understatement considering this is the first proper NHL game I will see live after 6 years of British hockey / terrible online NHL streams

Angelsil, will your BFF not be updating her Jersey

Bedford Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2014, 09:17 AM
  #295
angelsil
On Thin Ice
 
angelsil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford Bolt View Post

Angelsil, will your BFF not be updating her Jersey
Haha. Nope. She's still in denial about the Marty thing.


angelsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2014, 07:01 AM
  #296
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,472
vCash: 500
To those that have been to St. Augustine: Do you have any hotel recommendations?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2014, 09:32 PM
  #297
sdude5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
vacation in tampa and looking for tickets.

im vacationing in Tampa in October between the 5 an 16th and was wondering what your ticket deals are like? Are they're deals closer to the season? Or where to find the best tickets? any reply is greatly appreciated.

sdude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2014, 10:05 PM
  #298
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 4,442
vCash: 500
Stubhub and Seatgeek would be the best bet. Tickets in the upper bowl are normally very cheap.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2014, 03:16 PM
  #299
LeafsNation149
Registered User
 
LeafsNation149's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Tickets

Leafs fan here just wondering about how pricey the seats are for a single game ticket in around the 200 seat range, I'm interested in watching a game live but want to know the price range of the tickets.

LeafsNation149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2014, 04:13 PM
  #300
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsNation149 View Post
Leafs fan here just wondering about how pricey the seats are for a single game ticket in around the 200 seat range, I'm interested in watching a game live but want to know the price range of the tickets.
go to stubhub. I got 9 row behind the visiting goalie in section 109 for $60 each. Coming from canada their ticket prices are dirt cheap. Beer is expensive so get drunk beforehand.

stryfe604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.