HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Simon suspended for remainder of season and playoffs

Old
03-08-2007, 11:23 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Put On Espn....melrose About To Chip In

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Oh come on. Bottom line is when you truly know who a guy like Simon is, you simply cannot suspend him forever.
puh-lease. i dont give a crap if the guy is Mother Theresa. Another few MILLIMETERS down and he could have MURDERED him. An indefinite suspension seems to be fairly warranted. and if mcsorley can get convicted of assault on his hit, i dont see how this is any different. the guy needs to sit in jail for a little bit IMHO.

someone earlier said it perfectly. if you give the guy even 10 games, all i would do is get one of my crappy players like Colton Orr to practically decapitate Sidney Crosby in a huge playoff series in game 1. sure i may lose Orr for the next series or 2, but i got their best player off the ice.

it was despicable.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
puh-lease. i dont give a crap if the guy is Mother Theresa. Another few MILLIMETERS down and he could have MURDERED him. An indefinite suspension seems to be fairly warranted. and if mcsorley can get convicted of assault on his hit, i dont see how this is any different. the guy needs to sit in jail for a little bit IMHO.

someone earlier said it perfectly. if you give the guy even 10 games, all i would do is get one of my crappy players like Colton Orr to practically decapitate Sidney Crosby in a huge playoff series in game 1. sure i may lose Orr for the next series or 2, but i got their best player off the ice.

it was despicable.
Melrose put it well. At least the rest of the season, if not the playoffs as well.

Old
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Put On Espn....melrose About To Chip In
i cant watch it now, tv is occupado, can i get a summary when hes done?

Old
03-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Melrose put it well. At least the rest of the season, if not the playoffs as well.
yeah, i could live with that, rest of the season and playoffs. 10 games is a slap on the wrist imho.

Old
03-08-2007, 11:27 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Seriously just stop. The guy is not a classless clown. He's one of the better guys in the league who did something horrible.
I don't think he should be suspended for life either, but honestly, I don't understand all this pro-Simon talk. I've always considered him to be a dirty player. I hated this guy when he was a Ranger and every other team he was on.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Seriously just stop. The guy is not a classless clown. He's one of the better guys in the league who did something horrible.
True Blue this the first time I ever will go against a enforcer and say your statement is foolish and really dumb. Simon is a gutless puke who took the cheap way out . Get up and fight the guy he is a foot shorter and not in his class as a fighter. Simon totally blew his rep tonight as Dave Brown did vs Sandstrom The code was broke even if for one brief second he lost his cool when try to injury a fellow player a stick in the way Simon did tonight the game and everyone in it is cheapened. What was a fantastic exciting display of the new NHL is ruined because all over North America you don't see Dp with close to 100 total saves in 2 games or Prucha coming out of his slump you See Blood on the ice caused by a Goon Their term not mine breaking a stick on a guys face. That is Classless and stupid and he does not deserve a pass.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:30 PM
H382

Just saw this on Youtube(greatest thing).. That was absolutely disgusting.. I cannot believe what I just saw.. Hollweg has pissed me off before in the way he plays, but no player deserves this..

Simon needs to be banned for good I believe.. There is no excuse for that, and if someone did that 5 feet from where it happened in the stands, that person would be in jail..

H382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I don't think he should be suspended for life either, but honestly, I don't understand all this pro-Simon talk. I've always considered him to be a dirty player. I hated this guy when he was a Ranger and every other team he was on.
I'm not quite sure why. A fighter is not a dirty player

Old
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Chris Simon is a player who, 81 out of 82 games will be aggressive, perhaps borderline sometimes, but always respectable and tough. Then every once in a while, something irks him and he snaps. I don't think, deep down in his soul, he's a bad guy, but he has serious issues and you wonder if a guy who can lose it like that should be playing hockey. I'm sure he really did feel bad after the game, he's probably relieved as all hell that Holly seems to be OK, but how is he going to guarantee that he won't snap again and seriously hurt someone? He deserves a big, big suspension. I say the league puts him out for this season and the first 25 of next.

The best thing is that Holly was well enough to keep on playing. For a guy who sustained a fractured skull in juniors, he has an amazing amount of guts.

The two silver linings to this cloud:
1) Holly's post-game reaction: all class. I respect him on the ice, and it speaks wonders for him that he's able to rise above this garbage;
2) Of all people, Karel Rachunek was the one who went after Simon. He was the closest guy to the incident, but I was really pleasantly surprised to see him get right in there. A side of Karel I've not seen before. Simon's lucky Orr was all the way on the other side of the ice. Simon may be a good fighter, but the way Orr skated into the fracas -- he was in a holy rage.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:35 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
True Blue this the first time I ever will go against a enforcer and say your statement is foolish and really dumb. Simon is a gutless puke who took the cheap way out . Get up and fight the guy he is a foot shorter and not in his class as a fighter. Simon totally blew his rep tonight as Dave Brown did vs Sandstrom The code was broke even if for one brief second he lost his cool when try to injury a fellow player a stick in the way Simon did tonight the game and everyone in it is cheapened. What was a fantastic exciting display of the new NHL is ruined because all over North America you don't see Dp with close to 100 total saves in 2 games or Prucha coming out of his slump you See Blood on the ice caused by a Goon Their term not mine breaking a stick on a guys face. That is Classless and stupid and he does not deserve a pass.
Oh absolutley get up and fight him...I don't disagree that was foolish...he simply lost his cool. I hope you don't think that he wouldn't fight Hollweg? However....NHL fans and the NHL know Chris Simon. We know him from his days as a Ranger. Heck...I told my friend afterwards...I feel bad for him a bit. He's such a good guy...and all of a sudden he has all this to deal with. You can try and convince me....but one incident does not define who a person is. The bottom line to me is that he lost his cool and did something that should not be allowed in this league. However...I know he has had 5 suspensions before....the fact is that he is a good guy. Everyone knows it.

Old
03-08-2007, 11:37 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
I'm not quite sure why. A fighter is not a dirty player
Never said a fighter was a dirty player. I said this particular one was.

Old
03-08-2007, 11:40 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Never said a fighter was a dirty player. I said this particular one was.
Why so?

Old
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
ap215

10+ games and the playoffs as well.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:47 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
umm if you cannot handle your anger because someone finished their check on you, you should not be playing the game. As a "tough guy" type player he should know that especially. To swing your stick at someone like that just as they are turning around is as cowardly an act as they come. Someone that has "class" will not swing a stick at someones head. You get back at that player the next shift by laying him out or challenging him to a fight. That is not how you act in hockey or in life in general.

Once again, If this happened in a mens league game or in life in general, you are in handcuffs and in jail right now.

UAGoalieGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:50 PM
eastonhockey22*

I think the NHL should ban him the rest of the season and the playoffs, but the NHL is a joke. If he got ten games I wouldn't be suprised. Simon looked disorientated after bouncing off the boards. Not an excuse, but it makes you wonder if Simon was semi out of it or something when he tried to kill the guy. I bet Simon also thought the hit must have been dirty even though it wasn't. The league doesn't really mind this sort of stuff though. I'm suprised it doesn't happen more often.

eastonhockey22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

He should get the season and depending on the national media attention (which could go either way) he probably will get the season...

I don't feel bad for Simon the guy is a veteran and a 35 year old MAN..... He knows right from wrong....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 11:52 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Why so?
Because I remember countless occasions when he would throw elbows, commit boarding penalties, essentially pull Avery-type crap. The only difference was that he never brought anything else to the table the way Avery did. And for someone who's considered an enforcer, I thought he was pretty soft and whiny.

Old
03-08-2007, 11:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
umm if you cannot handle your anger because someone finished their check on you, you should not be playing the game. As a "tough guy" type player he should know that especially. To swing your stick at someone like that just as they are turning around is as cowardly an act as they come. Someone that has "class" will not swing a stick at someones head. You get back at that player the next shift by laying him out or challenging him to a fight. That is not how you act in hockey or in life in general.

Once again, If this happened in a mens league game or in life in general, you are in handcuffs and in jail right now.
Completely agree. Again though....I am not defending Simon's act...I am defending who he is. He is all too good of a guy to go through this. I understand he did something vicious...but it is not as if he is a cheap player known to do this. In my opinion...I think the league should give him the rest of the season....but this is the type of guy who will learn quickly and would never do this again. I bet he's already spoken to Hollweg.

Oh btw...who wouldn't want to see him dress next time these teams play? Nothing wrong with a little old time bad blood. In all honesty....that' whats missing right now from the rivalry

Old
03-08-2007, 11:55 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Because I remember countless occasions when he would throw elbows, commit boarding penalties, essentially pull Avery-type crap. The only difference was that he never brought anything else to the table the way Avery did. And for someone who's considered an enforcer, I thought he was pretty soft and whiny.
Wow well we completely disagree

Old
03-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Block More Shots

Easily rest of the season. I can see him being suspended for the playoffs as well, but at the very least, the rest of the season.

I used to like him as a good team guy but he just lost all my respect with that one act of aggression. It's just horrible. He's a dirty *******.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
I have got to assume that on the anniversary of Bertuzzi-Moore the leagues is going to absolutely destroy Simon for this one. It's gonna be a BIG suspension.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:23 AM
MountVancouver'94

What made it even worse....

...Is that Simon calmly skated away, never once looking back at Ryan on the ice. He even kickced Hollweg's stick out of the way as he went by.

This sport will always be a joke to the rest of the sports world if this **** continues. A precedent has to be set...If you use your stick as a weapon, you're gone. Felonies on the ice should be black and white.

Simon is soooo lucky that wasn't an inch lower...he could be in some serious ****.

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Completely agree. Again though....I am not defending Simon's act...I am defending who he is. He is all too good of a guy to go through this. I understand he did something vicious...but it is not as if he is a cheap player known to do this. In my opinion...I think the league should give him the rest of the season....but this is the type of guy who will learn quickly and would never do this again. I bet he's already spoken to Hollweg.

Oh btw...who wouldn't want to see him dress next time these teams play? Nothing wrong with a little old time bad blood. In all honesty....that' whats missing right now from the rivalry

Dude, anyone who calls another black player a you know what is pretty freakin cheap. Also, a guy who has been suspended 5 times in his career...guess what....not that far away from being called "cheap".

This sport needs all of these guys (Jaarko Ruutu I'm looking in your direction) to get the f out of the league.

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:35 AM
ish

I am very curious to see how many people are going to support Simon right now. I've been trying to convince people how worthless of a player he's been for years (you can check my old posts). I hated having him on the Rangers and was thrilled when we got rid of him. I've been shot down on my Simon stance many times and I'll reinforce it again tonight.

I've never seen a player whose perceived ability and perceived contributions to his team (from fans all across and media alike) are so far from the reality of what he is: a guy with decent hands and size who's a selfish, former tough guy. Why's he tough? Because he scowls all the time and makes mean faces (a la Sandy McCarthy)? Because the book on him is that he is tough? He didn't have his first fight until the second half of the year this season. And it's not because anyone was afraid of him.

He has been taking selfish tough guy penalties left and right for years and anyone who thinks that he's a good team guy or a gritty leadership type is watching a different game than me. Would Gary Roberts slash someone in the face with 5 minutes left in a 1-1 game with 15 games left during the homestretch? Would Owen Nolan? Would Scott Thornton? No. Chris Simon is in a class by himself. Thanks for the two points Chris. Find a good spot on the couch.

ish is offline   Reply With Quote