HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official TOOTIN POWER GDT March 8: New York Rangers at NY Islanders 7:30p MSG ‎

Old
03-09-2007, 12:27 AM
BigE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
BTW, Orr was on the ice and had simon in a headlock.
It was Rachunek that went after Simon first.

Orr was already up the ice forechecking, and when I saw him turn around and go full tilt back to the scrum all I could think of was "Oh god don't do anything stupid!" Then the poor linesman gets bum-rushed by Orr as he's throwing overhands at Simon.

I used to like Simon. I respected him as a fighter and a player, because he could do both. However, what he did was just so dispicable. Some part of me entertains the thought of "frame of mind" and second chances, but here you have a guy that's been suspended 5 times now by the league. He's known for his violent eruptions and being overly aggressive. I'm just not sure how I or the game of hockey can forgive him for something like this.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:32 AM
polako

what an insane game to watch.

i thought the rangers were flat in the first adn progressively picked up their game.

This team is so much fun to watch right now...I'm so glad that people like Prucha, Isbister, Rachunek, Mara have elevated their games to compensate for the losses of tyutin, shanny and hossa.

Even though they have been dropping like flies, it's really nice to see this team coming together at the right time

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Anyone else seriously impressed with Mara? This guy got one of the sharpest shots on this team right now
impressed, but i think it's amplified by that fact that we haven't had a d-man with a decent shot for quite some time. most of the better teams have at least one guy who could shoot from the point consistently and hit the net. Mara is wowing us sad Ranger fans who have been watching below average shooting defensemen for years now. just look at how many point shots from Bergeron were getting through to Lundqvist.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:39 AM
RangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
ask renney the expert... i cant recall ever seeing him taking a faceoff! POOR decision
man despite the win, so many things bother me when it comes to Renney's desicision making, having ortmeyer take the draw was just another on the list.

Old
03-09-2007, 12:44 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
man despite the win, so many things bother me when it comes to Renney's desicision making, having ortmeyer take the draw was just another on the list.

Someone else pointed out that becuase it came after an icing, and Rozsvial was on the ice after his penalty expired, the Rangers had three D-man, Straka, who can't faceoffs and Ortmeyer on the ice. So who out of that group should take a faceoff?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
Heres an illustration cooked up by my buddy on what he thinks happened on the no goal:

Heres an actual screen:

I watched it a bunch of times in slow mo and the frame directly before or after that shows the puck standing straight up on edge behind the goal line. I'm pretty sure it was a goal, but they don't have a good top down shot to conclusivly show it so we got a break. I have a couple pics I can post.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
NYR_32

Quote:
Unless I'm really mistaken the only other forward on the ice for that draw was Straka, the other three players were defencemen. The Rangers had iced the puck and couldn't change. With the bum shoulder Straka isn't taking faceoffs.

NYR_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_32 View Post
Unless I'm really mistaken the only other forward on the ice for that draw was Straka, the other three players were defencemen. The Rangers had iced the puck and couldn't change. With the bum shoulder Straka isn't taking faceoffs.
Yep.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:59 AM
broadwayblue

I think we finally got a lucky break. A camera directly above the goal line would have shown it was in.

Old
03-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

on the goal...honestly....i think if it was called a goal by the ref the replay wouldn't have overturned it...There just wasn't a camera angle that was good enough to show if the puck was in the net...It looked like it was but I honestly couldn't tell...

I could also care less because I can think of goals this season THAT should've counted and didn't..

The Rangers played another sound 60 minutes of hockey. Being in the 8th spot is nice but the Rangers should be thinking 6th seed now... I don't think they have enough scoring and it's going to kill them in the end but I'm praying I'm wrong...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think we finally got a lucky break. A camera directly above the goal line would have shown it was in.

It's funny how deep you gotta dig to find out we MAY have gotten a lucky break. You gotta blow up the video 900x just to MAYBE see that it POSSIBLY could have went in, MAYBE. and MAYBE we got a lucky break.

What I'm trying to say is, this team never gets lucky breaks. Lets just take it.

Old
03-09-2007, 01:05 AM
dok101

vCash: 50
Lost in all this was the fact that Henrik played another stellar game. Aside from the one goal pounded in by Simon on the doorstep into an open net, Henrik played a huge part in the victory.

dok101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 01:09 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I watched it a bunch of times in slow mo and the frame directly before or after that shows the puck standing straight up on edge behind the goal line. I'm pretty sure it was a goal, but they don't have a good top down shot to conclusivly show it so we got a break. I have a couple pics I can post.
yea I paused it on my dvr cable and I thought it was a goal. Now we gotta beat the Pens.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 01:10 AM
RangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Someone else pointed out that becuase it came after an icing, and Rozsvial was on the ice after his penalty expired, the Rangers had three D-man, Straka, who can't faceoffs and Ortmeyer on the ice. So who out of that group should take a faceoff?
my mistake, Renney's still an ass imo thought

Old
03-09-2007, 01:12 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
That stood out to me as well. Odd choice. Maybe he was trying to get them both tossed?

03-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
That stood out to me as well. Odd choice. Maybe he was trying to get them both tossed?
It was an icing............

Old
03-09-2007, 01:21 AM
DontStaal

Quote:

may i say that ITS ABOUT TIME WE CAUGHT A BREAK!

i mean we've been so unlucky this season, that sooner or later this was bound to happen

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 01:24 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
It's funny how deep you gotta dig to find out we MAY have gotten a lucky break. You gotta blow up the video 900x just to MAYBE see that it POSSIBLY could have went in, MAYBE. and MAYBE we got a lucky break.

What I'm trying to say is, this team never gets lucky breaks. Lets just take it.
That would be too easy After all we are Rangers fans. We are used to difficulty and despair....even when we win.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 01:30 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post

Well, I do have a 112" screen...so I didn't really need to blow the video up at all. I don't know about you, but I'm gonna sleep well tonight. I think we'll all take it!

Old
03-09-2007, 01:40 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Wasn't at the Garden, but it's still a win!

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan35 View Post
Just got back. Way to show our presence there!!!

Great work guys! I heard the "prrroooo" chant very loud every time Prucha did something!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Great work guys! I heard the "prrroooo" chant very loud every time Prucha did something!
Seemed to me that there may have even been more Ranger fans there.

Old
03-09-2007, 03:22 AM
blueliner94

Ahh what a game , Simon is a dick and I hope i never see on another NHL team again. And abou that no goal , whew was that close and all I read was wow that was in that was out but oooo my god what a clutch save that was by Lunk. He has been the man and so has Pruuu. he will hit 20 goals this year in which ( he plays with so much heart bu thad some bad bounce's) If he had luck on his side and was playind on the 2nd line/ powerplay all season, he would have prob had 30+ easy.

Overall We are in but we must continue to work our ass off. Avery is the man end of story I hope we see him next year also Mara is a plus trade this year ward did not do half of what Mara has already done. I really hope we make the playoffs and wind up faceing the Fishsticks , they and the Rangers make hockey what it is. And if what we see in reg season this could be on hell of a battle towards the Pie.

Last edited by blueliner94: 03-09-2007 at 03:29 AM.
blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

is there a link? for the high stick?

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Where to start, my throat is killing me from yelling the various DiPi sucks chants,Pruuuu chants, Lets Go Rangers chants, among others. Great great game, to be honest I was a little aprehensive about going to the 'rival' building but Wheresbarnaby and I met some really really cool Isles fans in section 333 and on the line for the bathroom lol. As for the Simon incident I was shocked to see what he did because during the game I didnt see what happend, we just thought it was the usual scrum, guess we were wrong. I love how Betts/Rachunek/ and even Lundqvist came out of his net to come to the aid of Hollweg. I dont think we would have seen that earlier on this season. What more can you say, another solid effort from the #1 line down, great win LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote