HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All things Avery

Old
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty's Better View Post
Sean Avery, although occasionally funny, is a d-bag in every sense of the word.
He's a dirt bag because he speaks his mind or hes a dirt bag because he dosen't elbow guys straight out on center ice or swing his stick at other players faces?

What do you call Jansen then?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:30 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
He's a dirt bag because he speaks his mind or hes a dirt bag because he dosen't elbow guys straight out on center ice or swing his stick at other players faces?

its hard to do stuff like that, when he is diving all over the ice.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:33 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 A L I V E View Post
Oh, I agree.

I don't like him as a person, but as a forward for the Rangers, He's great!
I see nothing wrong with him as a person, and as a player he's awsome. He gets under alot of the opposing teams skins, Hill and Witt, from last night, he's great. His quotes and interviews are hilaroius, and like someone else said, he speaks his mind.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:44 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

"I donít think Maltby knows how to punch, he just knows how to slap. He got me good. But I know Malts would never square off and fight me. If I dropped my gloves, heíd skate away and Iíd get a penalty." - Avery from Maxim Magazine

"There are a few guys on Anaheim I would really like to do a number on. Iím not a big fan of Andy McDonald. Heís an arrogant little midget who would never back up anything he says in his life." - Avery from Maxim Magazine

"I talk a lot of trash. I told one guy he should let his dog lick his face, not chew it. When I really, really dislike a guy, I usually start in on the wife. I usually just say that his wife is either fat or ugly. One of the two." - Avery from Maxim Magazine

ďHordichuk is the worst player in the NHL. Heís an embarrassment. He canít even skate, he canít shoot, and he canít pass. Just look at the stats.Ē - Avery from Maxim Magazine

"In a couple hours I'll probably feel like I got hit like a small, uhh, UPS truck, or FEDEX if you like...pick one. " - Avery from HNNYL

03-09-2007, 09:50 AM
SPG

"Let's just see if Colin Campbell finally does something about this stuff and doesn't give him three games like he gave that other meathead from New Jersey," Avery said. (from today's NY Daily News)

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
"Let's just see if Colin Campbell finally does something about this stuff and doesn't give him three games like he gave that other meathead from New Jersey," Avery said. (from today's NY Daily News)
Quote:
"In a couple hours I'll probably feel like I got hit like a small, uhh, UPS truck, or FEDEX if you like...pick one. " - Avery from HNNYL
My two fav's!!!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:03 AM
In The Flesh

Don't remeber the quote exactly, but it was last night, Deb Kaufman interviewed him on the Isles broadcast, he said something like,

"lets see if the fans on long island are as funny as the ones at the garden"

good stuff.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:31 AM
dank

i've said it once, i've said it twice..

yes, he's a piece of garbage, yes he's a "d-bag", yes he's a pest..

but he's our garbage bag pest!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:00 AM
pld459666

See, here's the benefit of an Avery.

As long as he can continue to keep his cool, teams will continue to think that he can be goaded intotaking bad penalties and as evidenced last night, both Hill and Witt were called for penalties against Avery and the one time Avery gets called, the ref blew it as it was not goalie intereference. Hill initiated contact and got pushed backward, the fact that he was pushed into his own goalie is his own fault when you take intoconsideration who the aggressor was in that situation.

Anyway, I'm starting to enjoy Avery more and more.

He fits right in in the Eastern Conference.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:09 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootin'Tyutin View Post
You're right, both could still be here but now with Avery on the team, Hollweg is expendable IMO. Although, I hope he still on the team next year because I love the energy he brings to the 4th line.
I don't see how Hollweg becomes expendable seeing as they play 2 different roles.

Avery is a much more gifted scoring threat than Hollweg and isn't nearly the fighter Hollweg is. Avery also isn't out there with one thing on his mind, while hitting is something that Avery initiates and enjoys he also playing sound defensive hockey and scoring points, Hollweg is an energy guy sent out there to forecheck and pound the other teams defenceman and wear them down.

Hollweg is still as much needed next year as he is today moreso with Avery.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:53 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Avery is my favorite acquisition in a long time. He makes the game enjoyable to watch. I have friends who hate hockey but love watching the Rangers because of Sean Avery now.

Plus the fact that he irritates every goalie he comes in contact with is priceless.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 12:31 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

Avery was a great addition for you guys, and someone you needed to get. He can play the game, but I have always hated the he has to get that last chop of the stick in, like the person who always needs to get in the last word even if it doesnt make any sense. Surprised he doesnt get called for it more. But i guess thats what Aggitating means.

I think the last guy you had that i can compare him to was when you had Esa Tikkenan. But i think Avery is more energetic.

His interview last night with Al Trautwig was interesting, but he definitely didnt seem like he wanted to be there.

JRZ DVLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:06 PM
eco's bones

Avery has been a breath of fresh air to this team and given it an edge. It seems we're not nearly as much on the recieving end any more. He draws a lot of penalties. He also shoots and handles the puck pretty nicely--in fact he shoots all the time. Tik is a decent comparison except Tik had a better and more accurate shot.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
TomLaidlaw

Saying I love everything about Avery would be a massive understatement. I completely understand why every other fan outside of ranger fans thinks he is a piece of garbage. You can only like Sean Avery if he is wearing your sweater. I hated barnaby before he came here too and grew to love him. I hope we sign him to a 5 year extension immediatly. I can't believe we got this guy for a 3rd line spect and Jason Ward, he has completely changed the attitude of our team and been exactly what this team has needed. his goal against the Blues is probably the biggest goal of the season for this team, we lose that game and things are alot different.

I LOVE SEAN AVERY

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Levitate

The only thing I worry about with Avery is that his outspokeness might annoy his teammates after awhile.

Hopefully they're cool with it, but if they're rolling their eyes whenever they see him quoted in a newspaper, it might get ugly.

He hasn't said anything really outrageous yet, but ya never know

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post

Cam looks like he escaped from the set of Planet of the Apes.Easy on the juice Cam.It shrinks the jewels.He looks like one of the boxers you see at 3am on ESPN Classic from 1985

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:27 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Saying I love everything about Avery would be a massive understatement. I completely understand why every other fan outside of ranger fans thinks he is a piece of garbage. You can only like Sean Avery if he is wearing your sweater. I hated barnaby before he came here too and grew to love him. I hope we sign him to a 5 year extension immediatly. I can't believe we got this guy for a 3rd line spect and Jason Ward, he has completely changed the attitude of our team and been exactly what this team has needed. his goal against the Blues is probably the biggest goal of the season for this team, we lose that game and things are alot different.

I LOVE SEAN AVERY
Agreed....it really makes me happy to see he's in the Islander fans heads as well as the players. That alone screams long term contract!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
I would never have gone there but Cam is using some serious roids and it makes the NHL drug testing look like a joke. Being around riod heads every day like I am i feel i can pick them out and the large head and terrible temper plus the mere fact of weight to size is way off.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Scoot

Westside child

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideNYR View Post
You Don't Want Us In The Playoffs!
Not This Team, This Year..
You are right, we do not want your team this year, we would prefer a challenge in the first round, a series where we have to work to win

Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

You gotta love Avery. The quote in the Daily news today was classic, but I'm sure Renney rolled his eyes when he read it!! I loved it. It's about time somebody said what everyone else is thinking!

Oh, and on the roids subject: Take a look at Simon's giant-Barry-Bonds-cartoon-head while you're at it. think the juice could have been one of the reasons he snapped?

I would love to see Avery in the playoffs this year. I think he would provide some real excitment.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 03:38 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Can't wait to see what he and Neil do

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 04:12 PM
johnny_rudeboy

I must say that I am very surpriced over how good hockey player Sean really is. I have not really seen him play before. Maybe a game with Wings or Kings that I cant remember but most of the info I have had about him have been taken from youtube and what the press wrote about him.

I hope he gets a long term contract after the season cause he is everything this organisation needs right now. Is he a RFA or a UFA after the season?

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 05:34 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Look, Avery is the kind of player you hate when he's not on your team and you love him when he's on your team. I se us becoming more of a north american, western canadian type team in the next couple of years. He fits the mode perfectly. We have to make it extremely uncomfortable for people to come into the garden to play.

Funny how isle fans think jason blake is an angel and Cammy Jansen is a Mr. Atlas and not a roidhead. I wonder how long before his name pops up on one of the roid list?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 05:45 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Well AtlantaRanger, I really like Chris Neil even do he plays for Ottawa and I cheer for Leafs along with Rangers so people can like the though guys whos not on your team. But I get your point

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Well AtlantaRanger, I really like Chris Neil even do he plays for Ottawa and I cheer for Leafs along with Rangers so people can like the though guys whos not on your team. But I get your point
I hated Derek Sanderson. I hated him because he was not on my team. I loved him once he was on our team, especially after he took bobbie clarke out tot he wood shed in philly and beat the snot out of him. Best part was that none of bobbie clarke's protectors could get in and save him.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote