HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sullivan Questionable, Timonen Expected To Play vs. Detroit

Old
02-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Sullivan Questionable, Timonen Expected To Play vs. Detroit

Just an update on the injuries:

Sullivan apparently suffered back spasms (honestly, I don't buy that...but...) in overtime during the Montreal game and was unable to return. Sully didn't practice with the team Friday and Trotz is listing him as questionable for Saturday's game.

Timonen (upper body injury) also didn't practice Friday, but Trotz is saying that he should be ready to go for Saturday's game vs. Detroit. Timonen in an article this morning classified his nagging injury as a "bone bruise" and said that it will bother him until it heals.

Also noted in the article is that Trotz intends on keeping together the Kariya - Forsberg - Erat line for Saturday's game. Your guess is as good as mine on the lines if Sully is unable to play.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS02/70223029

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 04:27 PM
handtrick

I agree SLake....I don't buy what John Glennon is cooking either.

He said it happened during "overtime" in the game. It happened during the 3rd period, unless Sully fell off the training table in the locker room during the overtime.

This time of year, "back spasms" are the perfect cover for any injury that can be exploited when they return to the ice.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
He said it happened during "overtime" in the game. It happened during the 3rd period, unless Sully fell off the training table in the locker room during the overtime.

This time of year, "back spasms" are the perfect cover for any injury that can be exploited when they return to the ice.
LMAO on the "training table". It was obvious the injury took place in the third period and that Sully headed straight down the tunnel without stopping at the bench and that the trainer went down the tunnel immediately after him.

You are 100% correct about "back spasms" as being the perfect cover and that was my immediate thought as well. The main issue of course is that we all saw him simply glide to the bench in obvious pain without moving either of his legs.

Honestly, I hope it is back spasms. They are painful and can reoccur, but he has already had enough problems with his groin/abdominal area and I fear any further injury to that area could be a long-term issue.

Old
02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm almost as upset to see that the Forsberg line stays together as I am that Sullivan is injured.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 10:07 PM
irisheyes555

"Damn the torpedoes!" said Farragut, "Four bells. Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!".

we shall see which team shows up tomorrow night. w/o sully we need some folks to step up. lately we can only put together complete games against top teams(yotes not included). and it will take a complete game to beat the wangs. of course the ducks and sharks are in the same sinking boat as us. so it remains to be seen if we can still beat a top team that has been playing good.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:01 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I'm almost as upset to see that the Forsberg line stays together as I am that Sullivan is injured.
Once Trotz is set on something he sticks with it. Remember Legwand stayed on the 3rd line for awhile at the start of the season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I wouldn't put Hartnell on the top line right now though, he doesn't deserve. He's been the laziest player on the team since the asg.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:43 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I wouldn't put Hartnell on the top line right now though, he doesn't deserve. He's been the laziest player on the team since the asg.
plus that would leave us with a Fiddler-Legwand-Radulov line. yikes!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 12:56 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
At least he's putting the biscuit in the basket recently though.

I don't doubt the lines will be the same. And no real reason not to be. The Forsberg line has had lots of good chances. Someone needs to step up for Sully, I have no idea who that can be.

I hope Vouky plays well. I'm hoping to see his Red Wings shutdown style emerge again tonight.

Main thing is that they play defense a lot better then against Montreal. I only had radio for that game, as usual, but it sounded by the annoncers, and by Trotz, that it was the forwards letting guys roam free that was the issue more then the defensive guys. So I expect to see lots of hard coverage by them. Leggy supposedly had a guy covered, then didn't have him, on one of their goals. Trotz still praised his game but said "the forwards" played poorly defensively by failure to stick with guys. And lazy defensive zone play isn't like Leggy so I hope for a rebound.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:05 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Maybe Trotz will astound everyone and put Rads on the 2nd line RW and give the guy some icetime.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Leggy supposedly had a guy covered, then didn't have him, on one of their goals. Trotz still praised his game but said "the forwards" played poorly defensively by failure to stick with guys. And lazy defensive zone play isn't like Leggy so I hope for a rebound.

the blown coverage wasn't legwand, it was hartnell getting backdoored by the dman on one goal, and then hartnell failing to follow samsanov off the halfboard into the low slot on the tieing goal. what the radio was reffering to was legwand's man was out near the blueline and legwand slipped when he cut back down the halfboard, certainly wasn't lazy coverage on his part

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:34 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
the blown coverage wasn't legwand, it was hartnell getting backdoored by the dman on one goal, and then hartnell failing to follow samsanov off the halfboard into the low slot on the tieing goal. what the radio was reffering to was legwand's man was out near the blueline and legwand slipped when he cut back down the halfboard, certainly wasn't lazy coverage on his part
Great. Thanks for the information.

I'm radioing it again tonight since I have an important (to me) online backgammon match to play. I forgot to check what time the game was on when I agreed to the match time.

I'm really good at filling in the action though, from my fertile imagination, and blaming players for lapses. lol

Old
02-24-2007, 01:42 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post

I'm radioing it again tonight since I have an important (to me) online backgammon match to play.
Nice to see that you have your priorities in order....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:22 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Nice to see that you have your priorities in order....
Oohh! The right-cross connects!

Luckily I reached my opponent about an hour ago and he said he could play an hour earlier. So I may miss the start but I should be able to rush across the street to watch sometime before the first period ends. Much better then nothing.

Last match I played while listening to the Preds I played like crap, so the radio's staying off until my match is over. Very glad I reached my opponent and got the time changed.

Old
03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

Hey guys is Sullivan still out?

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
DrCrane

Quote:
Forsberg got a few shifts with Dumont against Kings and it looked promising. It wouldn't hurt if they got a game or two together.

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMaiShu View Post
Hey guys is Sullivan still out?
Yeah, they interviewed him during last night's game, and he said he's seeing progress, but isn't quite there yet.

Old
03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

Quote:
Yeah, they interviewed him during last night's game, and he said he's seeing progress, but isn't quite there yet.
Many thanks for my fantasy teams.

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Sweet

I don't know how this information is good but check this ...

"After the second-place Predators bowed out to the first-place Ducks in a shootout on Sunday, things do not get any easier on Tuesday. Nashville squares off against the third-place Red Wings with what may be the same injury-depleted lineup that they iced on the weekend. Winger Steve Sullivan (back spasms) is likely to dress for the game, because his father drove all the way down to Detroit from Timmins, Ontario, to see him. Center Jason Arnott, who missed the last two games with the flue, is likely to play as well. Peter Forsberg is questionable, while David Legwand looks like a game-time decision. Scott Hartnell, out with a broken foot, will not play."

This quote is from : http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/...cgi?dailyslate

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
I don't know how this information is good but check this ...

"After the second-place Predators bowed out to the first-place Ducks in a shootout on Sunday, things do not get any easier on Tuesday. Nashville squares off against the third-place Red Wings with what may be the same injury-depleted lineup that they iced on the weekend. Winger Steve Sullivan (back spasms) is likely to dress for the game, because his father drove all the way down to Detroit from Timmins, Ontario, to see him. Center Jason Arnott, who missed the last two games with the flue, is likely to play as well. Peter Forsberg is questionable, while David Legwand looks like a game-time decision. Scott Hartnell, out with a broken foot, will not play."

This quote is from : http://www.forecaster.ca/hockeynews/...cgi?dailyslate

Interesting especially when the Predators are in FIRST PLACE in the Western Conference and the Ducks are in SECOND PLACE.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... I wish these people would get their freakin' facts straight.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
Interesting especially when the Predators are in FIRST PLACE in the Western Conference and the Ducks are in SECOND PLACE.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... I wish these people would get their freakin' facts straight.

Not to mention Sullivan being "likely to dress" is contrary to everything we've heard, unless the Preds want to unveil their SECRET WEAPON.

Old
03-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Sweet

What are the news on Sully ???

Any news during the game yesterday ???

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Seth Lake

According to this morning's Tennessean article Sullivan skated after the team left the ice yesterday morning and was quoted as saying that he is going to ask for medical clearance Wednesday to resume practicing with the team and hopefully begin playing. Hopefully we are on the train to recovery, but I'm not holding my breath...back injuries are tricky.

Old
03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
No further word on Sully?

Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
No further word on Sully?
Came out to skate today in the optional practice this morning. Stayed on the ice for about 15 minutes before leaving. Tested out his injury at the beginning of drills skating semi-hard laps around the far end of the rink. Participated in the first two drills and was done.

I would definitely say he is out for Columbus and doubtful for the Detroit series next week at this point.