HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sameulsson back for Fridays game

Old
03-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Cyberslacker

vCash: 500
Sameulsson back for Fridays game

per tsn.ca

Cyberslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Higgy4

I guess thats good news.

Honestly, he's been out so long that I dont even remember what kind of player he is.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Shoalzie

He could use a few games to get ready for the playoffs just like Bert. I don't want to see anyone rushed back into the lineup at this point but the more games they can get in before the end of the regular season, the better.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
He could use a few games to get ready for the playoffs just like Bert. I don't want to see anyone rushed back into the lineup at this point but the more games they can get in before the end of the regular season, the better.
Wasn't he supposed to miss 2-3 games and now he has been out for almost 2 months?
The same with Cleary and Z.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
arin1

He's the guy that will wrist it from the blueline and ruin any possible scoring chance...

arin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 03:35 PM
jacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin1 View Post
He's the guy that will wrist it from the blueline and ruin any possible scoring chance...
haha, sad but true...
guess he's an upgrade over Langfeld/Ellis?

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 03:53 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Funny, isn't it?
The Wings play without Z, Homer, Cleary Hasek and Sammy, and yet, they still look like the Red Wings ...

Schneider, the supposed second best defenseman on the team gets injured for awhile. No problem.

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
great news..

btw: i saw samuelsson yesterday at the mall.. with his wife and kids i assume.. small guy (skinny)... he noticed i saw him and looked the other way quick, i didnt say anything to him tho.. now in a course of 4 months ive seen Lang at sommerset and sammy at twelve oaks...

Howard35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
haha, sad but true...
guess he's an upgrade over Langfeld/Ellis?
a huge upgrade... i and others might not like sammys thinking or logical, but come on now, atleast the guy is the opposite of what many of these players on the team are about... they all like to pass, while finally this guy loves to just shoot and put it on net, not always thebest thing but how many goals has he gotten over time lately that were OK goals? a lot.. the guy doesnt get the best goals, but he atleast scores, if he wasnt hurt, he would have been a 20 goal guy for sure..

Howard35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartestManOnEarth View Post
Funny, isn't it?
The Wings play without Z, Homer, Cleary Hasek and Sammy, and yet, they still look like the Red Wings ...

Schneider, the supposed second best defenseman on the team gets injured for awhile. No problem.
What do you mean, I don't get it!

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
I guess thats good news.

Honestly, he's been out so long that I dont even remember what kind of player he is.
At one point in early January before he was injured he was on pace to score 25 goals. He's been out for a long time though, so the more games he can play the better as far as getting back into game shape.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuJo#31 View Post
What do you mean, I don't get it!
Just seems like, no matter what the Red Wings throw out there on the ice, the result is the same ... in the regular season, anyway.
There haven't been a lot of games, over the past five or six years, or even longer, where the Wings looked rather un-RedWingesque, due to a depleted lineup.

That game after the Olympics last year is a notable exception

A Good Flying Bird* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:37 AM
Sadekuuro

Ugh

Sadekuuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny thunders View Post
At one point in early January before he was injured he was on pace to score 25 goals. He's been out for a long time though, so the more games he can play the better as far as getting back into game shape.
I was kidding, again. I guess from now on I am required to put the little emoticon when I am joking about something.

I was just referring to the fact that his day-to-day injury turned into 3 months.

Old
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
pavel13

Send a message via AIM to pavel13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartestManOnEarth View Post
Just seems like, no matter what the Red Wings throw out there on the ice, the result is the same ... in the regular season, anyway.
There haven't been a lot of games, over the past five or six years, or even longer, where the Wings looked rather un-RedWingesque, due to a depleted lineup.

That game after the Olympics last year is a notable exception
That's because Lidstrom missed that game. The only time Lidstrom really misses a game is at the end of the season when the playoff spots are locked up and Lidstrom gets a rest before the playoffs.

pavel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel13 View Post
That's because Lidstrom missed that game. The only time Lidstrom really misses a game is at the end of the season when the playoff spots are locked up and Lidstrom gets a rest before the playoffs.
Not just Lidstrom. The entire Swedish roster was missing pretty much. Franzen was the only Swede who didnt play for the Olympic team last year.

That being said, the Wings have been hammered twice in San Jose with their full lineup this year as well. The Shark tank is just not a friendly place for the Wings.

Old
03-09-2007, 03:35 PM
winged wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4 View Post
I was kidding, again. I guess from now on I am required to put the little emoticon when I am joking about something.

I was just referring to the fact that his day-to-day injury turned into 3 months.
If I remember right, Sammy blocked a shot in Colorado right before the all-star break and played the rest of the game. After the game they thought it was just bruised, but a few days later after taking x-rays they saw it was broken.

winged wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 04:20 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
a huge upgrade... i and others might not like sammys thinking or logical, but come on now, atleast the guy is the opposite of what many of these players on the team are about... they all like to pass, while finally this guy loves to just shoot and put it on net, not always thebest thing but how many goals has he gotten over time lately that were OK goals? a lot.. the guy doesnt get the best goals, but he atleast scores, if he wasnt hurt, he would have been a 20 goal guy for sure..
Samuelsson and Draper maybe shoot more than they should, but then there are too many Wings forwards which do not shoot enough. The Wings need shooters and specially righthanded shooters like Samuelsson. He is one of a very few which has a good slap shot.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote