HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Immonen and Liffiton reassigned to Hartford

Old
03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
tpb209

vCash: 500
Immonen and Liffiton reassigned to Hartford

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2740

I am a little disappointed. I still think Immonen has what it takes to be a contributor on this team. Renney never really gave him a chance. Dubinsky staying up is a bonus though.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:19 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim8778 View Post

I am a little disappointed. I still think Immonen has what it takes to be a contributor on this team. Renney never really gave him a chance. Dubinsky staying up is a bonus though.
Realize Hartford is gearing up for their playoffs too. Can't leave that team with the cupboard bare, and they will both get plenty of ice time down there instead of sitting gamedays in the box looking down at the action.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Hartford played their last game with only 16 skaters because their regular players were either injured or with the Rangers

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:25 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Hartford played their last game with only 16 skaters because their regular players were either injured or with the Rangers
exactly my point, good post.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Thank...God.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
RFAN

Quote:
If this is true, then we all can't be to mad about the guys going down. Dubi should stay for the next few games to see how he does and if he plays as well as he did last night he should play over Betts when guys come back off the IR.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Arent they allowed to call up someone from Char? I thought we had a few kids down there like Graham, Bahensky, and Potter.?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim8778 View Post

I agree with the treatment of Immo. Why he hasn't been given a real shot at sticking with this team I don't know. If we have no plans on using him other than on the pack we should have either traded him at the deadline to get another kid or pick or just cut him lose. Didn't he record 2 pts in 3 or 4 games this callup? I mean almost every time he gets called up he puts some points up and gets sent down. What does he have to do to stay?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
eco's bones

Between playing and sitting Jarkko is better off playing. To be honest though there might be less offense coming from Brandon at least for now I liked what I saw of his game last night better than what I'd been seeing from Jarkko. His size is a plus--he looked like he was more involved in the action.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 04:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Guess Dubs is here to stay!

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:04 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Guess Dubs is here to stay!
Renney said he'd play Saturday and Sunday but it sounded like they'd re-evaluate after that. If he plays like this, he should stay on.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:19 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Arent they allowed to call up someone from Char? I thought we had a few kids down there like Graham, Bahensky, and Potter.?
Graham and Potter are already in Hartford. Bahensky can't be called up until he's played a certain number of games in Charlotte, because of some obscure rule having to do with the type of contract he's on and the fact he came in half-way through the season after coming back from injury. They actually tried to call him up Monday before being notified by the league that they couldn't. They called up Ryan Constant instead.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
I hope they don't plan on keeping only 6 defensemen on the roster again

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Fletch

I believe Bahensky...

has been playing in HFD for a few weeks now...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Ola

On Immonen, I think he is all quality. Works hard and got a good attitude. No flaws. But, I am not seeing him really contributing on the ice in any aspects, quite frankly. He is not getting involved nearly enough offensivly. If the puck comes to him he is good, but otherwise completly invisible.

So I got no problem with him getting sent down, I see no upside and I've, saddly, been pretty convinced that he were gooing to bust for over a year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Graham and Potter are already in Hartford. Bahensky can't be called up until he's played a certain number of games in Charlotte, because of some obscure rule having to do with the type of contract he's on and the fact he came in half-way through the season after coming back from injury. They actually tried to call him up Monday before being notified by the league that they couldn't. They called up Ryan Constant instead.
Potter are in HFD to stay, he have looked really solid. For a stay at home D, his passing game and puckmovement is really really good.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Crease

To be fair, Renney is great at eyeing talent. He certainly saw something in Hossa many fans didn't, and stuck with him until he broke out.

Renney and staff see Immo everyday on and off the ice and, I believe, would have given him time if deservingly so. They chose to go with Dubinsky for a reason.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Gooooooo...Dubi!!!

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 10:07 PM
DarthSather99

I think we have so many young players that will be ready in a few years that Immonen may be expendable.

I'd try to use him in a trade up in the first round this year if a Marc Stall situation presents itself again.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2007, 11:17 PM
bleedblue94

thats assuming someone wants him, or values him enough to make that trade with the rangers

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:05 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
thats assuming someone wants him, or values him enough to make that trade with the rangers
I'm sure most of the teams that will have a better pick than us can use as much young "ready" talent as possible. Immonen will not get enough chances in NY. He is good enough to play in the NHL.

We do not have a lot of contracts to offer incoming young players. Freeing up a contract AND getting a higher draft pick is the way to go.

I like Immonen but feel the Rangers rate other young players in the organization much higher. I mean how many times does Immonen get called up and sits on the bench while others stay in Hartford allowing them to play and develope their game.

You will not see Dubinsky sit. He'll play with the Rangers or be sent back to Hartford.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote