HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Thoughts about my team

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2004, 12:36 PM
kaherdin

vCash: 500
Thoughts about my team

FHL league (rerating based on nhl performance). I have Atlanta, and ive make a lot of trade to put up a good young team for the futur

Kovalchuk-Savard-Heatley
Torres-Weiss-Hemsky
Hahl-Mccauley-Cheechoo
Samuelsson(martin)-Simon(ben)-Orzagh

Phillips-Kubina
Hannan-Klesla
Van Ryn-Morrison

Raycroft-Shields

Notable farms and prospects
-Marc-andré Bergeron
-Svatos
-Santala
-Stewart (Karl)
-Ouellette (Maxime)
-Parisé
-Babchuk
-Liv
-Matthew Carle
-Umberger
-Nissinen
-Mark Stuart
-Kracijek
-Stana
-Lethonen
-Slater
-Shishkanov
-Johansson (Jonas)
-Kaigorodov
-Kopecky
-Vermette
-Glazachev
-Sthelik
-Fritsche
-Niinimaki
-Liles
-Burns
-Lynch
-Mccormick
-Chernickh

Ive got a weakness on the left side, but overall i think the futur is looking good, any comments?

Old
02-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Lowball Norm

You have one of those teams that are absolutely filled to the hilt with top-notch talent such that every other GM in your league will be envious and you'll feel like a very smart and lucky GM but at the end of the day you will never ever win a Cup with a lineup like that.

I see GMs build teams like this all the time and it's only good if you use your youth to pick up some choice veteran players to throw into the mix - particularly on defence and in goal. An all-youth team looks great on paper, but practically speaking the FHL sim will chew them up and spit them out.

Old
02-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowball Norm
You have one of those teams that are absolutely filled to the hilt with top-notch talent such that every other GM in your league will be envious and you'll feel like a very smart and lucky GM but at the end of the day you will never ever win a Cup with a lineup like that.

I see GMs build teams like this all the time and it's only good if you use your youth to pick up some choice veteran players to throw into the mix - particularly on defence and in goal. An all-youth team looks great on paper, but practically speaking the FHL sim will chew them up and spit them out.
I`d agree with Norm here. Your lacking veterans in the lineup. But luckily with your abundance of quality young players here you should be able to aquire some veterans quite easily. Good job.

Closed Thread