HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part 2| PO Game #7 |Flyers at Rangers | Wed., Apr. 30, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

Old
05-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
It was more that the Rangers style of defense is the kyrptonite for what is essentially classic 'Flyers offense'. Which is have your big PF station themselves around the net for the deflection or cheap put-back goals.

Whether it be the old days of BSB or into the 80s with a Tochett, into the 90s with a LeClair... Coaches come and go and sometimes the system changed a bit, but this was more or less what had been the mainstay of the Flyers offense through its history.

22 blocked shots last night by the Rangers. They make it so the Flyers can't get shots to the net for their forwards to deflect or knock in a rebound.

During the reg season the Flyers averaged 2 goals per game against the Rangers and had 17.25 blocked shots. A moer offensive skilled team with better puck-handlers both on offense and defense like say the Penguins? They averaged 10.5 blocked shots against the Rangers and scored 3 goals per game.

The Rangers knew that all but a few Flyers would be incapable of pulling back on the shot attempt and skating past them to make them look foolish for falling to the ice and attempting a block.

With guys like Ghost and Hagg hopefully coming in the future that style of play from the D may change, but it's still a few years away(if they pan out). So there needs to be a significant addition to the top-4 defense for next year and more of a PMD added.

I hope and pray that guy is ghost. The way he dominated the frozen four gave me so much confidence in his ability. I don't think i've ever been more excited to see a flyers prospect play in the nhl

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote