HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XVII

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I would like to travel back in time and ask myself why I picked Colorado to win it all. Even before it started, why would I think they could ever get past SJ or Chicago, or beat Boston? What the hell reasoning was I using?

I missed on CBJ and Tampa in the east, and only Anaheim in the West. I'm shocked I got 4 of the series lengths correct

I had Colorado in the WCF.

I've only had one decent year picking a playoff bracket and it almost won me a lot of money in a nationwide pool. Had a perfect bracket in 2000 until the Conference Finals, but had Philly & Colorado in the Cup Final... of course they both lost.

05-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
i had them vs Flyers in cup finals

Old
05-01-2014, 06:20 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm going to guess he won't be signing with them regardless of their black hole in net.
They don't have Bryz.

Old
05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

I had Colorado in the WCF.

I've only had one decent year picking a playoff bracket and it almost won me a lot of money in a nationwide pool. Had a perfect bracket in 2000 until the Conference Finals, but had Philly & Colorado in the Cup Final... of course they both lost.
I meant to say I only missed on Avalanche in that last post.

Every bracket I make goes badly. Instead of making the obvious choices I tend to overthink the reasons various teams can upset each other.

I guess it makes these things less tense; by missing out on a few matchups every year right at the start I don't get in a situation like yours, so I never have to worry about it

05-01-2014, 06:29 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
They don't have Bryz.
I don't know Nabokov isn't/wasn't far off.

I doubt Halak's going to be breaking the bank with them so Minnesota & Pittsburgh would be what I'd be looking at if I were him.

Old
05-01-2014, 07:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
I would like to travel back in time and ask myself why I picked Colorado to win it all. Even before it started, why would I think they could ever get past SJ or Chicago, or beat Boston? What the hell reasoning was I using?

I missed on CBJ and Tampa in the east, and only Anaheim in the West. I'm shocked I got 4 of the series lengths correct
That's how I had it, I thought Dallas would depose of the Ducks, but the Kings will just have to do it themselves. It will be nice for them since they'll have 7 home games.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
Old
05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

I assumed 3 long PO runs by LA and the Finals run by Chicago last year would leave them spent, leaving a team like Colorado to take it all. I didn't know when Kuemper would be back so I assumed a Minny team backed by Bryz would explode hilariously, and I also assumed Bruce hasn't figured out this whole Playoffs thing yet, so that gave me Colorado in the Finals in the end. And then I assumed Boston would be affected by their Finals run last year and lose. I mean, obviously.

Old
05-01-2014, 08:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
I assumed 3 long PO runs by LA and the Finals run by Chicago last year would leave them spent, leaving a team like Colorado to take it all. I didn't know when Kuemper would be back so I assumed a Minny team backed by Bryz would explode hilariously, and I also assumed Bruce hasn't figured out this whole Playoffs thing yet, so that gave me Colorado in the Finals in the end. And then I assumed Boston would be affected by their Finals run last year and lose. I mean, obviously.
I don't buy into the long playoff runs from last year because it was a shortened season. They were, and thus a shorter off-season. But it was a longer off-season the year before. I think all 4 conference finalists from last year advancing highlights that. I'm sure the world will explode if the same 4 get back, but I have 3 of the 4.

Old
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I actually went with Fenwick-Close 5v5 which has been confirmed as a valid predictor of future success (if you do the research to which you've demonstrated you don't, so it's not your approval I'm looking for), along with the face that 6 of 8 teams with the better Score-Adjusted Fenwick went 6 for 8 in the playoffs. 75% success rate, you better pay attention. If you're 27th in 5v5-Close Fenwick and 2nd in PDO, you're gonna get exposed. It's going to happen. The Avalanche even drew an opponent that was vulnerable and still couldn't get it done. You also must really be surprised that Ryan Miller wasn't an actual upgrade to Jaroslav Halak. I mean, it's not anyone would actually think that unless they saw the numbers and lol'd when the Blues made that trade.

Otherwise, I don't care how non-credible you think I am. I've made enough connections away from here, some of them writers/credible bloggers who I'm sure don't agree with you or else they'd keep ignoring me, some of them just other people who do otherwise, researching and discussing it. Enough to the point that achieving the approval of people who continuously fail to provide evidence and/or discrediting it and/or vilifying it because they don't agree with what it says (still failing to provide evidence) in these types discussions falls somewhere in between being locked room listening to a song on an endless loop about how unabatedly happy Pharell Williams is at any given moment and bare-knuckle fighting a werewolf.

I sense you may feel the same way, although I don't know your feelings on Pharell Williams, personally I liked him way better during his N.E.R.D. days like 12 years ago.
Worst attempt at bragging ever? I dont know how much credibility you have when you think Emery is just as good as Mason, but hey.

Anyway,

Old
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Jtown

Quote:
that's awesome. what a class act.

Old
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Waffles View Post
Worst attempt at bragging ever? I dont know how much credibility you have when you think Emery is just as good as Mason, but hey.
I could say I had a celestial vision via an Act of God and the gif you posted will be just as appropriate because you'll only ever see what you want to read. I'm not going to waste my time disclosing it because some people on the internet hear without listening. I don't take back what I said, despite Mason out-performing that individual projection. But the team, as a team, did not. If someone wants to talk about it, I'll talk about it given there's genuine interest and for intentions of a productive discussion.

Old
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I could say I had a celestial vision via an Act of God and the gif you posted will be just as appropriate because you'll only ever see what you want to read. I'm not going to waste my time disclosing it because some people on the internet hear without listening. I don't take back what I said, despite Mason out-performing that individual projection. But the team, as a team, did not. If someone wants to talk about it, I'll talk about it given there genuine interest and for intentions of a productive discussion.
actually i want to hear this emery mason comparison .

Old
05-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Legion of Gloom
The Holy Ghost

vCash: 115969
Quote:
Fact: He took the Kings out for Dairy Queen after a good practice.
How did he get them all in his mini van ?

Old
05-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Curufinwe

Go Montreal. Teach Boston a lesson for not playing Meszaros.

Old
05-01-2014, 09:26 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Fact: He took the Kings out for Dairy Queen after a good practice.
He would have done that with the Flyers, too, but they were all Stevens intolerant.

Old
05-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
He would have done that with the Flyers, too, but they were all Stevens intolerant.
he tried to take clarke out to get some Haagen Dazs, and that is why he got fired.

Old
05-01-2014, 09:48 PM
SAINDON

Briers turnover leads to Bruins tying the game

Old
05-01-2014, 09:59 PM
BernieParent

And the Canadiens take the lead back.

The Bruins, though. Their puck control and passing in the offensive zone is just amazing. They have missed at least 3 open nets after just spinning Price and the Habs D in circles. This is the type of puck movement to which the Flyers should aspire.

Old
05-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Jtown

the bruins are the perfect balance between size speed and skill... on all lines.

Old
05-01-2014, 10:11 PM
RespectTheGhost
Couts=0 offense

Bruins tied it right up, wow this team is like the perfect storm, Flyers should take notes!!

Old
05-01-2014, 10:16 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheCouts View Post
Bruins tied it right up, wow this team is like the perfect storm, Flyers should take notes!!
Subban played that awfully: he screened Price without attempting any defense at the time.

Old
05-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheCouts View Post

It's odd that we look up to the Bruins, considering they built that team to mirror the Flyers team that made them look extra assy.

Old
05-01-2014, 10:28 PM
SAINDON

Quote:

It's odd that we look up to the Bruins, considering they built that team to mirror the Flyers team that made them look extra assy.
Whomever built the Bruins did a fantastic job. I don't like them, but they are good.

Old
05-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus

Wow, Price

Old
05-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Jtown

price must have watched the rangers game last night