HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk XVII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
  #76
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 18,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I would like to travel back in time and ask myself why I picked Colorado to win it all. Even before it started, why would I think they could ever get past SJ or Chicago, or beat Boston? What the hell reasoning was I using?

I missed on CBJ and Tampa in the east, and only Anaheim in the West. I'm shocked I got 4 of the series lengths correct


I had Colorado in the WCF.

I've only had one decent year picking a playoff bracket and it almost won me a lot of money in a nationwide pool. Had a perfect bracket in 2000 until the Conference Finals, but had Philly & Colorado in the Cup Final... of course they both lost.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 06:20 PM
  #77
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,568
vCash: 50
i had them vs Flyers in cup finals

Flyerss is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 06:20 PM
  #78
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm going to guess he won't be signing with them regardless of their black hole in net.
They don't have Bryz.

The Couturier Effect is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
  #79
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 66,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post


I had Colorado in the WCF.

I've only had one decent year picking a playoff bracket and it almost won me a lot of money in a nationwide pool. Had a perfect bracket in 2000 until the Conference Finals, but had Philly & Colorado in the Cup Final... of course they both lost.
I meant to say I only missed on Avalanche in that last post.

Every bracket I make goes badly. Instead of making the obvious choices I tend to overthink the reasons various teams can upset each other.

I guess it makes these things less tense; by missing out on a few matchups every year right at the start I don't get in a situation like yours, so I never have to worry about it

__________________
Saturday night, I like to raise a little harm. I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 06:29 PM
  #80
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Couturier Effect View Post
They don't have Bryz.
I don't know Nabokov isn't/wasn't far off.

I doubt Halak's going to be breaking the bank with them so Minnesota & Pittsburgh would be what I'd be looking at if I were him.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
05-01-2014, 07:48 PM
  #81
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 126,896
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I would like to travel back in time and ask myself why I picked Colorado to win it all. Even before it started, why would I think they could ever get past SJ or Chicago, or beat Boston? What the hell reasoning was I using?

I missed on CBJ and Tampa in the east, and only Anaheim in the West. I'm shocked I got 4 of the series lengths correct
That's how I had it, I thought Dallas would depose of the Ducks, but the Kings will just have to do it themselves. It will be nice for them since they'll have 7 home games.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
GKJ is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
  #82
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 66,050
vCash: 500
I assumed 3 long PO runs by LA and the Finals run by Chicago last year would leave them spent, leaving a team like Colorado to take it all. I didn't know when Kuemper would be back so I assumed a Minny team backed by Bryz would explode hilariously, and I also assumed Bruce hasn't figured out this whole Playoffs thing yet, so that gave me Colorado in the Finals in the end. And then I assumed Boston would be affected by their Finals run last year and lose. I mean, obviously.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 08:05 PM
  #83
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 126,896
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I assumed 3 long PO runs by LA and the Finals run by Chicago last year would leave them spent, leaving a team like Colorado to take it all. I didn't know when Kuemper would be back so I assumed a Minny team backed by Bryz would explode hilariously, and I also assumed Bruce hasn't figured out this whole Playoffs thing yet, so that gave me Colorado in the Finals in the end. And then I assumed Boston would be affected by their Finals run last year and lose. I mean, obviously.
I don't buy into the long playoff runs from last year because it was a shortened season. They were, and thus a shorter off-season. But it was a longer off-season the year before. I think all 4 conference finalists from last year advancing highlights that. I'm sure the world will explode if the same 4 get back, but I have 3 of the 4.

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
  #84
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I actually went with Fenwick-Close 5v5 which has been confirmed as a valid predictor of future success (if you do the research to which you've demonstrated you don't, so it's not your approval I'm looking for), along with the face that 6 of 8 teams with the better Score-Adjusted Fenwick went 6 for 8 in the playoffs. 75% success rate, you better pay attention. If you're 27th in 5v5-Close Fenwick and 2nd in PDO, you're gonna get exposed. It's going to happen. The Avalanche even drew an opponent that was vulnerable and still couldn't get it done. You also must really be surprised that Ryan Miller wasn't an actual upgrade to Jaroslav Halak. I mean, it's not anyone would actually think that unless they saw the numbers and lol'd when the Blues made that trade.

Otherwise, I don't care how non-credible you think I am. I've made enough connections away from here, some of them writers/credible bloggers who I'm sure don't agree with you or else they'd keep ignoring me, some of them just other people who do otherwise, researching and discussing it. Enough to the point that achieving the approval of people who continuously fail to provide evidence and/or discrediting it and/or vilifying it because they don't agree with what it says (still failing to provide evidence) in these types discussions falls somewhere in between being locked room listening to a song on an endless loop about how unabatedly happy Pharell Williams is at any given moment and bare-knuckle fighting a werewolf.

I sense you may feel the same way, although I don't know your feelings on Pharell Williams, personally I liked him way better during his N.E.R.D. days like 12 years ago.
Worst attempt at bragging ever? I dont know how much credibility you have when you think Emery is just as good as Mason, but hey.

Anyway,

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM
  #85
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
that's awesome. what a class act.

Jtown is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM
  #86
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 126,896
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Waffles View Post
Worst attempt at bragging ever? I dont know how much credibility you have when you think Emery is just as good as Mason, but hey.
I could say I had a celestial vision via an Act of God and the gif you posted will be just as appropriate because you'll only ever see what you want to read. I'm not going to waste my time disclosing it because some people on the internet hear without listening. I don't take back what I said, despite Mason out-performing that individual projection. But the team, as a team, did not. If someone wants to talk about it, I'll talk about it given there's genuine interest and for intentions of a productive discussion.

GKJ is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
  #87
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I could say I had a celestial vision via an Act of God and the gif you posted will be just as appropriate because you'll only ever see what you want to read. I'm not going to waste my time disclosing it because some people on the internet hear without listening. I don't take back what I said, despite Mason out-performing that individual projection. But the team, as a team, did not. If someone wants to talk about it, I'll talk about it given there genuine interest and for intentions of a productive discussion.
actually i want to hear this emery mason comparison .

Jtown is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 09:01 PM
  #88
Legion of Gloom
The Holy Ghost
 
Legion of Gloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Titicaca
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 115969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Fact: He took the Kings out for Dairy Queen after a good practice.
.
How did he get them all in his mini van ?

Legion of Gloom is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 09:07 PM
  #89
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 24,392
vCash: 50
Go Montreal. Teach Boston a lesson for not playing Meszaros.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 09:26 PM
  #90
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Fact: He took the Kings out for Dairy Queen after a good practice.
He would have done that with the Flyers, too, but they were all Stevens intolerant.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 09:28 PM
  #91
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
He would have done that with the Flyers, too, but they were all Stevens intolerant.
he tried to take clarke out to get some Haagen Dazs, and that is why he got fired.

Jtown is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 09:48 PM
  #92
SAINDON
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The First State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 500
Briers turnover leads to Bruins tying the game

SAINDON is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 09:59 PM
  #93
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,826
vCash: 500
And the Canadiens take the lead back.

The Bruins, though. Their puck control and passing in the offensive zone is just amazing. They have missed at least 3 open nets after just spinning Price and the Habs D in circles. This is the type of puck movement to which the Flyers should aspire.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 10:01 PM
  #94
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,943
vCash: 500
the bruins are the perfect balance between size speed and skill... on all lines.

Jtown is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 10:11 PM
  #95
RespectTheGhost
Couts=0 offense
 
RespectTheGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,794
vCash: 500
Bruins tied it right up, wow this team is like the perfect storm, Flyers should take notes!!

RespectTheGhost is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 10:16 PM
  #96
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheCouts View Post
Bruins tied it right up, wow this team is like the perfect storm, Flyers should take notes!!
Subban played that awfully: he screened Price without attempting any defense at the time.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 10:23 PM
  #97
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 66,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheCouts View Post
Bruins tied it right up, wow this team is like the perfect storm, Flyers should take notes!!


It's odd that we look up to the Bruins, considering they built that team to mirror the Flyers team that made them look extra assy.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 10:28 PM
  #98
SAINDON
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The First State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post


It's odd that we look up to the Bruins, considering they built that team to mirror the Flyers team that made them look extra assy.
Whomever built the Bruins did a fantastic job. I don't like them, but they are good.

SAINDON is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 10:49 PM
  #99
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Ground Beef Invictus
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 66,050
vCash: 500
Wow, Price

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-01-2014, 10:50 PM
  #100
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,943
vCash: 500
price must have watched the rangers game last night

Jtown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.