HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 3.8.07 - Flames vs Predators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2007, 09:33 AM
  #101
CalgaryFan1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I assure you, I watch the game, and frankly, I have no idea where your comments are going. It is an undeniable fact that after Tootoo's shot on net, Regher tried to rough him up behind the net. When Tootoo turned and droped the gloves, Stuart was laying into him, while Tootoo was fighting Regher. Do you deny this?

Listen first off I'm not here to troll, I just came here to compliment you guys on a fine hockey club.

Secondly, you said that Regehr punched Tootoo in the back of the head. Which is what Crisp said. Regehr finished his check, Tootoo turned and threw the punch.

You just make me laugh that you call Calgary goons and in the same sentence make it out like its poor Tootoo, who happens to be a goon.

CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:37 AM
  #102
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,951
vCash: 500
Regher "finished his check", by following Tootoo behind the net and hitting him in the back of the head?

Keep them coming...

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:48 AM
  #103
CalgaryFan1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Regher "finished his check", by following Tootoo behind the net and hitting him in the back of the head?

Keep them coming...
Regehr rode him out of the play, and gave him a push/shot in the back. Not the head, and the fact that you say head makes me wonder if you even watched the game or just listen to Crisp's homerisms.

CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:51 AM
  #104
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Regehr rode him out of the play, and gave him a push/shot in the back. Not the head, and the fact that you say head makes me wonder if you even watched the game or just listen to Crisp's homerisms.
Your arguing semantics. First of all, there was no reason to ride Tootoo out of the play. He made the shot. Kipprusoff saved it and held onto it. Tootoo was skating behind the net and Regher followed him and gave him several extra shots. As for whether or not it was the head or the back........it certainly looked like the shots were extremely high to me. I'm sure you saw the extreme size difference between the two, and Regher got both hands up (and I believe the stick as well) up high around the neck/head area. Again, continue to debate me if you want, but either way.....the actions of Regher were thug-like and born out of frustration. Stuart's were just laughable.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:55 AM
  #105
CalgaryFan1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Your arguing semantics. First of all, there was no reason to ride Tootoo out of the play. He made the shot. Kipprusoff saved it and held onto it. Tootoo was skating behind the net and Regher followed him and gave him several extra shots. As for whether or not it was the head or the back........it certainly looked like the shots were extremely high to me. I'm sure you saw the extreme size difference between the two, and Regher got both hands up (and I believe the stick as well) up high around the neck/head area. Again, continue to debate me if you want, but either way.....the actions of Regher were thug-like and born out of frustration. Stuart's were just laughable.
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/32254

I didnt like what Stuart did, he should have got a 3rd man in.

And yes, I will continue to debate you, Regehr is not a thug. The shove may have been out of frustration, but Tootoo threw the first punch, and Regehr didnt hit him in the back of the head and Regehrs stick wasnt high.

CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:09 AM
  #106
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,951
vCash: 500
Comments: Tootoo throws a shot in on Miikka Kiprusoff and is then shoved behind the net by Regehr. Tootoo gives Regehr a shot in return and Regehr and Brad Stuart start shoving him against the boards. Regehr drops his gloves and starts feeding Tootoo rights while Stuart continued to try and get at Tootoo. Tootoo is able to drop his gloves and turn around, throwing a right that misses while Jason Arnott moves in and grabs Stuart. Tootoo then connects with a right that sends Regehr's head banging off the boards. Regehr then falls to the ice with Tootoo getting in a left as they are going down. Tootoo ***** back his right hand, but one of the linesmen are right there to grab Tootoo and send him to the penalty box. Other Penalties: Regehr received an instigator and misconduct; Brad Stuart and Jason Arnott each received a roughing.

I just watched the video. The hands were definitely high. Scratch the stick part. However, it looks like your synopsis differs greatly from that of hockey fights (which you provided by the way). Further, I do not believe Regehr is a thug, but in several instances in his career (especially against the Predators), he certainly has acted like one. Last night was no different. Finally, I'm not sure if your trying to pin the fracas on Tootoo's shoulders or not, but it certainly appears that way. This fight was completely due to Regehr's unnecessary actions after a routine save by Kipprusoff......

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:15 AM
  #107
CalgaryFan1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Comments: Tootoo throws a shot in on Miikka Kiprusoff and is then shoved behind the net by Regehr. Tootoo gives Regehr a shot in return and Regehr and Brad Stuart start shoving him against the boards. Regehr drops his gloves and starts feeding Tootoo rights while Stuart continued to try and get at Tootoo. Tootoo is able to drop his gloves and turn around, throwing a right that misses while Jason Arnott moves in and grabs Stuart. Tootoo then connects with a right that sends Regehr's head banging off the boards. Regehr then falls to the ice with Tootoo getting in a left as they are going down. Tootoo ***** back his right hand, but one of the linesmen are right there to grab Tootoo and send him to the penalty box. Other Penalties: Regehr received an instigator and misconduct; Brad Stuart and Jason Arnott each received a roughing.

I just watched the video. The hands were definitely high. Scratch the stick part. However, it looks like your synopsis differs greatly from that of hockey fights (which you provided by the way). Further, I do not believe Regehr is a thug, but in several instances in his career (especially against the Predators), he certainly has acted like one. Last night was no different. Finally, I'm not sure if your trying to pin the fracas on Tootoo's shoulders or not, but it certainly appears that way. This fight was completely due to Regehr's unnecessary actions after a routine save by Kipprusoff......
I'm not trying to pin anything on Tootoo. Where does it say that Regehr hit Tootoo in the back of the head like you said repeatedly?
He was "shoved", just like I said. So I dont know what your talking about anymore.

- Yes, his hands were high, on his back, like I said.
- No he didnt punch him in the back of the head such as you suggested.

Are you done yet?

CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:22 AM
  #108
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,951
vCash: 500
Really, I'm not understanding why you continue to pursue this argument. Is it that big of a deal to you to establish that Regehr merely shoved Tootoo rather than hit him? If so, why? It does not lessen what he did. The decision by Regehr to shove/hit Tootoo was an idiotic one and completely thug-like. Further, I stand by my initial comments, and after watching the video numerous times, I still maintain that your dispute over whether or not it is a punch or shove is debatable. It certainly wasn't a rared-back shot to the head, but he definitely got the hands up high around Tootoo's head area and tried to swat him with both hands. If you believe that is a shove, fine. I disagree, and even if its a shove, my point stands. The action was stupid, uncalled for, and thug-like. There is nothing homerific IN that statement.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:30 AM
  #109
CalgaryFan1988
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Really, I'm not understanding why you continue to pursue this argument. Is it that big of a deal to you to establish that Regehr merely shoved Tootoo rather than hit him? If so, why? It does not lessen what he did. The decision by Regehr to shove/hit Tootoo was an idiotic one and completely thug-like. Further, I stand by my initial comments, and after watching the video numerous times, I still maintain that your dispute over whether or not it is a punch or shove is debatable. It certainly wasn't a rared-back shot to the head, but he definitely got the hands up high around Tootoo's head area and tried to swat him with both hands. If you believe that is a shove, fine. I disagree, and even if its a shove, my point stands. The action was stupid, uncalled for, and thug-like. There is nothing homerific IN that statement.
I'm glad you finally see that Regehr didnt punch Tootoo in the back of the head like you originally suggested. Thanks for finally coming around, sorta.

Anyways, like I originally came on here to do, Nashville has an amazing team from defense to forward. Scary that their back up goalie is leading the league in save percentage. Good luck in the playoffs, your team should go a long way.

CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.