HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ehrhoff (50% retained)

Old
04-05-2014, 05:39 PM
ZeroPT
Jan0ary

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetalposition View Post
the last erhoff to detroit thread, thats what turned me off trading for him, what sabre fans were asking, for that matter i dont trade jurco and a first for him. buffalo should keep him so they can atleast hit the cap floor. buffalo seems more interested in a edmonton rebuild than a calgary one.
again. What?

ZeroPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:34 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
the last erhoff to detroit thread, thats what turned me off trading for him, what sabre fans were asking, for that matter i dont trade jurco and a first for him. buffalo should keep him so they can atleast hit the cap floor. buffalo seems more interested in a edmonton rebuild than a calgary one.
Or, you know, neither. Since Edmonton's rebuild has been a failure so far (and also how they only drafted a top 6 and we're drafted players who project as everything but), and we're not really shooting for failure. And Calgary's rebuild hasn't actually happened yet, sooo. I'd say the model Buffalo is trying to follow is most like Chicago.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:41 PM
fetalposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
again. What?
trading away anyone with a hint of value instead of keeping some around to help the younger players develop.Some are a no brainer because of them not resigning or just getting to good of a deal (vanek). but some like ehrhoff you could argue wouldnt be worth dealing because it would be more worthwhile to keep them around to help the kids develop. If you dont think they are tanking compared to say...the flames then i dont know what to tell you

fetalposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:45 PM
sabresandcanucks

Not sure if Buffalo and Detroit are great trading partners as Detroit does not want to move any top prospects and Buffalo needs high end scoring prospects as the cupboards are pretty full of potential 2nd/3rd line players.

Detroit might want to look at Edler if he is willing to move his NMC as he likely will cost less (in terms of trading assets) than Ehrhoff at 50% reduced salary.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 07:48 PM
La Cosa Nostra
FIRE MURRAY

Quote:
trading away anyone with a hint of value instead of keeping some around to help the younger players develop.Some are a no brainer because of them not resigning or just getting to good of a deal (vanek). but some like ehrhoff you could argue wouldnt be worth dealing because it would be more worthwhile to keep them around to help the kids develop. If you dont think they are tanking compared to say...the flames then i dont know what to tell you
Ehrhoff hasn't been traded.Moulson,Vanek,Ott and Miller have this year and that's because all were impending UFA's and were not going to re-sign.Oh, you also want to know what we got in return for trading those 4?

Vanek-Matt Moulson,NYI 2014/2015 1st,NYI 2015 2nd
Miller & Ott-Halak,Chris Stewart,2015 1st,conditional 2014 1st,Carrier
Moulson-2014 WPG 2nd,2016 MIN 2nd

So at the end of the day,we turned Vanek,Miller and Ott into

NYI 2014/2015 1st
STL 2015 1st
STL 2014 1st (conditional,will be this or a 2015 3rd)
NYI 2015 2nd
WPG 2014 2nd
MIN 2016 2nd
William Carrier
Chris Stewart
Michael Neuvirth (traded Halak+3rd for him)

So we ended up getting 2 guaranteed 1st rounders,a conditional 1st/3rd rouder,3 2nd rounders,a 26 year old 25 goal scorer in Chris Stewart,a 26 year old mid end #1 goalie in Neuvirth and a recent 2nd round prospect in Carrier.I would say the return we got was a lot better then any "development" Ott,Miller or Vanek would have taught for the last 20 games of this season.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 08:48 PM
fetalposition

haha chicago build, you keep hoping for that, and calgarys build is fine, since the flames players at least bust their ass trying, unlike buffalo. i believe i also said some trades you have to do because of ufa and deals too good to resist, maybe try reading? you dont have to trade ufa's, the flames didnt, they didnt feel they have to trade everyone and tank like there is no tomorrow. also never said ehrhoff was traded, again try reading, its really not hard.

fetalposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Havok89

Quote:
haha chicago build, you keep hoping for that, and calgarys build is fine, since the flames players at least bust their ass trying, unlike buffalo. i believe i also said some trades you have to do because of ufa and deals too good to resist, maybe try reading? you dont have to trade ufa's, the flames didnt, they didnt feel they have to trade everyone and tank like there is no tomorrow. also never said ehrhoff was traded, again try reading, its really not hard.
A complete lack or talent and lack of effort are two completely different things. The Sabres players have been trying ever since Ted Nolan took over as head coach.

And the Sabres rebuild is nothing like Edmontons. They have only traded their pending UFA's for futures. Most of our young players are developing in other leagues atm so the "veteran leadership" doesn't really have an affect this season.

The Sabres prospect depth is a lot better than Calgary's right now and they have more picks than calgary as well. Not sure how you can argue Calgary's rebuild is better.

Edmontons problem wasn't only lack of leadership. They only drafted skilled forwards. They didn't draft defenseman at the start of their rebuild, and they haven't hit on any of their late picks into successful NHL'ers.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:24 AM
ZeroPT
Jan0ary

Quote:
You clearly dont know what you're on about since anyone with a shred of hockey knowledge would know that the first thing any Ted Nolan team does is bust their ass.

Edmonton and Buffalo's rebuilds have nothing in common.
One team has drafted high end forwards, had a horrible drafting record (outside of the first round) and failed to surround its top players with good middle 6 depth.

The other has had one of the better drafting records for teams in the last little while, added quality assets on the back end as well as accumulating an unprecedented amout of picks.

You talk about Calgary's rebuild yet they haven't accomplished anything (not a slight towards the flames) as they're still in the rebuilding strategy

You're wrong.

Old
04-06-2014, 02:23 AM
Heraldic

Quote:
You clearly dont know what you're on about since anyone with a shred of hockey knowledge would know that the first thing any Ted Nolan team does is bust their ass.

Edmonton and Buffalo's rebuilds have nothing in common.
One team has drafted high end forwards, had a horrible drafting record (outside of the first round) and failed to surround its top players with good middle 6 depth.

The other has had one of the better drafting records for teams in the last little while, added quality assets on the back end as well as accumulating an unprecedented amout of picks.

You talk about Calgary's rebuild yet they haven't accomplished anything (not a slight towards the flames) as they're still in the rebuilding strategy

You're wrong.
This.

One of the poorest trollings I have read for a while. Not surprised that it was from a Wings fan, though.

Heraldic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Gilligans Island

From the Sharks:

Demers, 2015 1st and Tierney

for Ehrhoff (at 50% retained)

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
From the Sharks:

Demers, 2015 1st and Tierney

for Ehrhoff (at 50% retained)
Meh. Not the worst offer I've seen for 'Hoff, but those aren't really the pieces Buffalo needs. We're already pretty set on RHD with Myers, Risto, and Pysyk IMO. Far more pressing need to add top 6/potential top 6 forwards.

Old
05-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Meh. Not the worst offer I've seen for 'Hoff, but those aren't really the pieces Buffalo needs. We're already pretty set on RHD with Myers, Risto, and Pysyk IMO. Far more pressing need to add top 6/potential top 6 forwards.
Got it. Tierney is a top 6 prospect and would be the right age for the Sabres so if we removed Demers, then...

I'm sure Nieto & Tierney would do it but I'd hate to part with Nieto.

Old
05-02-2014, 05:03 PM
huntison

Gaunce + Hansen + 2nd.

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
ZeroPT
Jan0ary

Quote:
Got it. Tierney is a top 6 prospect and would be the right age for the Sabres so if we removed Demers, then...

I'm sure Nieto & Tierney would do it but I'd hate to part with Nieto.
are you suggesting Nieto plus Tierney?

Cuz I'd take that deal and run far. Like, I'd run to Pluto.

Old
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Some around Marcus Johansson + prospect?

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 05:06 PM
ZeroPT
Jan0ary

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Gaunce + Hansen + 2nd.
How about no.

Would you take Stafford+Hurley+2nd for Edler? Because that's basically what you're offering, and imho Hurley>Gaunce

Old
05-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
are you suggesting Nieto plus Tierney?

Cuz I'd take that deal and run far. Like, I'd run to Pluto.
OK, I overshot

Doug Wilson just said Nieto's untradeable so... Tierney & ? Hamilton?

Old
05-02-2014, 05:34 PM
ZeroPT
Jan0ary

Quote:
OK, I overshot

meh on Hamilton. I like him but I wouldn't want it to be the main piece in an Ehrhoff trade.

I really like your original offer, but Demers is kinda redundant.

I'd make this deal:
Tierney+Hamilton+2015 1st+2nd round picks
for
Ehrhoff (50%) and a small plus

Old
05-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Djp

Quote:
OK, I overshot

I don't know enough about San Jose prospects....

Buffalo will want back a solid top 6 winger back....not a 3rd line with potential 2nd.

Their 3rd line players are pretty set with Larrson, Compher, Fasching and others. Maybe one of those player will develop to top 6.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
meh on Hamilton. I like him but I wouldn't want it to be the main piece in an Ehrhoff trade.

I really like your original offer, but Demers is kinda redundant.

I'd make this deal:
Tierney+Hamilton+2015 1st+2nd round picks
for
Ehrhoff (50%) and a small plus
Can we take out Sabres "small plus" and go with this?

Tierney+Hamilton+2015 1st+4th or 3rd round pick
for
Ehrhoff (50%)?

I'd hate to give up the first 2 picks in the same draft.

Old
05-03-2014, 06:59 PM
David71

toffoli+a prospect+2nd and 3rd round to buffalo for erhoff 50% retained

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:18 PM
cgf

Erhoff is one of a couple vets I'd love for the avs to target, although we're pretty limited to some combination of Pickard/Aittokallio, Parenteau, picks, and possibly Elliott or McGinn. Given PAP still has two years left on his deal at a nice price for a skilled forward and so could fill a top 6 spot in the interim, while also holding value for the sabres to sell off later, you're deep on the right side of D and with secondary forwards, would something like Parenteau, Pickard, our 2015 first and 2016 2nd, make as much sense for the sabres as I think it would?

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:46 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Erhoff is one of a couple vets I'd love for the avs to target, although we're pretty limited to some combination of Pickard/Aittokallio, Parenteau, picks, and possibly Elliott or McGinn. Given PAP still has two years left on his deal at a nice price for a skilled forward and so could fill a top 6 spot in the interim, while also holding value for the sabres to sell off later, you're deep on the right side of D and with secondary forwards, would something like Parenteau, Pickard, our 2015 first and 2016 2nd, make as much sense for the sabres as I think it would?
Nope. The only thing there that's the kind of piece Buffalo would be targeting is the 2015 1st. Everything else is fluff. At a base minimum, I'd need a really solid top 6 F prospect+ coming back to move Ehrhoff.

Old
05-03-2014, 07:52 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Nope. The only thing there that's the kind of piece Buffalo would be targeting is the 2015 1st. Everything else is fluff. At a base minimum, I'd need a really solid top 6 F prospect+ coming back to move Ehrhoff.
And Colorado has zero prospects that fit that bill. I don't see a fit for a trade between our teams unless they want to give us their first rounders this year and next.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

At 50% off the return should be huge. I think Detroit would take him for something around Tatar at full price.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote