HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official TOOTIN POWER GDT March 10: New York Rangers at Pit Penguins 1:00p MSG ‎

Old
03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Why not bring up Jessiman? He's probably the most physically ready guy down there.
Can't be any worse than "I have one move, watch me spin" Isbister

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Or, "I have one move, watch me spin" Nylander.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
Lets get the Korpedo up here then.
disagree again. Korpedo is another kid who shouldnt sniff the majors yet. Hes just starting to find his game. Id keep him in the minors another full year.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
Or, "I have one move, watch me spin" Nylander.
Or "I have one arm, watch me pass like a girl" Straka (right now anyway). Usually I love the guy but why is he playing.

Old
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
So he kept it simple? Dumping the puck deep is never a bad move.
It is when the Pittsburgh players are closest to the puck after the dump, and your team is built on finesse and puck control, and there are open passes to your forwards available with no need to dump it!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:16 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
I just thought about a goal scorer. I love Korpi (see my avatar). I know he is probably the most responsible defensively of the forwards who would get a look but I just wonder if he can bring enough to the offense...I would not be opposed to calling him up in the least though if you believe he's the hottest.

It would be between Cally, Dawes and Korpi. Korpi recently has started getting a nice chunk of points, but for the past few weeks he has just stood out over everyone really.

If it was up to me i'd like Dawes to get another shot though. Korpi doens't need to get rushed, even to play a few games.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:17 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Or "I have one arm, watch me pass like a girl" Straka (right now anyway). Usually I love the guy but why is he playing.
Because 1/2 of Straka is better than the alternative?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Garv23

Maybe I just missed it but I'm suprised no one has mentioned that blown icing call that eventually led to a powerplay goal. That turned the game around.

Tough loss but we got a point so let's forget about this and get 2 more tomorrow.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:19 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
It is when the Pittsburgh players are closest to the puck after the dump, and your team is built on finesse and puck control, and there are open passes to your forwards available with no need to dump it!
This team, while not the toughest, is far from finesse...of our forwards who finished the game I'd only say that Straka, Nylander and maybe Cullen are finesse. Prucha, Avery, Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Dubinsky, Betts and Orr are not finesse players.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
I love the Rangers heart, But to me it looks like we are running out of horses for this push.
Yeah, gooing into this game (with Jagr) our roster were extremely thin.

Not that anyone at a any certain position are/were in all that much over their heads.

But a few guys on our roster have been forced to do a extremely big job to carry our overall play. Especially Straka, Nylander, Cullen and Jagr and Co.

With that outlook it is/was really questionable if we can hold this together.

When we then loose Jagr? I mean we are seriously screwed. We just don't have enough guys who can hold up to play. We got a ton of players like Avery who can work really well in specific roles, but they are not the type who can lift the play and carry the team, we need skill for that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:20 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
He's trying . Clearly not a stickhandler, but he's crashing the net and creating opportunities and screens.......if Jessiman could do that, he'd already be playing with the big club! I like what Isbister has done in a fill in role...I can't fault the guy for not having a ton of skill!

Old
03-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Maybe I just missed it but I'm suprised no one has mentioned that blown icing call that eventually led to a powerplay goal. That turned the game around.

Tough loss but we got a point so let's forget about this and get 2 more tomorrow.
Because how many times can we possibly complain about officiating before we are called whiners.

You're right, the refs screwed us yet AGAIN...but it's getting old now.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
This team, while not the toughest, is far from finesse...of our forwards who finished the game I'd only say that Straka, Nylander and maybe Cullen are finesse. Prucha, Avery, Ortmeyer, Hollweg, Dubinsky, Betts and Orr are not finesse players.
They're not counted on as scorers either...with the exception of Prucha, who does have skills but plays a flat out run and gun game at his best!

Old
03-10-2007, 03:25 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Because how many times can we possibly complain about officiating before we are called whiners.

You're right, the refs screwed us yet AGAIN...but it's getting old now.
Crosby has learned well from the best whiner in the league ever Mario Lemieux! I much prefer watching Ovy to Crosby, and think in the end, he will be more succesful.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:26 PM
mess11*

The *********** refs

They really gave that game to the Penguins. Every time Crosby looses the puck he throws his hands up or jumps he is like a little balerina out there. He is a great kid but give me a break, Jagr gets muged and does not get any calls. They swallowed the wistle in the 3rd. Just like the refs did against the devils the other night until Lukovits almost got his head knocked off by Roberts elbow. The refs skrewed us in this game. They even blew some icing calls.

mess11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Ola

If Pittsburgh were without Crosby, Malkin, Whitney and Malone, and Rechhi played with a bum shoulder, would their fans been complaining if they got a point out of the game? I don't think so.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:28 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
He's trying . Clearly not a stickhandler, but he's crashing the net and creating opportunities and screens.......if Jessiman could do that, he'd already be playing with the big club! I like what Isbister has done in a fill in role...I can't fault the guy for not having a ton of skill!
We'd have to shoot for anyone to crash the net. He is trying to screen, but honestly Marcel did a far better job and I can't wait until he's back.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Ola

I can't complain on the reffs. They let allot go against NYI, and we kind of kept that level gooing and it cost us. It were tough but they called it the same both ways.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

They need to take the point and move on to tomorrow, there is no use in thinking about what if's, they need to re-group and bring their A-game to the garden tomorrow. Or atleast what they can muster with the new lines. The season is far from over and they are now in the best playoff position they have been since January. Suck it up and get those points tomorrow, plain and simple.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:30 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
If Pittsburgh were without Crosby, Malkin, Whitney and Malone, and Rechhi played with a bum shoulder, would their fans been complaining if they got a point out of the game? I don't think so.
Very true Ola....its just disheartening to have a stranglehold on them, and not finish them off, I expected a loss here after the intensity on the Island, so coming away with a point here is a bonus to me. If Jagr is done though.....I honestly think the season is basically over.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:31 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
We'd have to shoot for anyone to crash the net. He is trying to screen, but honestly Marcel did a far better job and I can't wait until he's back.
I totally agree there. But I still think Isbister has done Yeomans work as a fill in pretty well.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:34 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
They need to take the point and move on to tomorrow, there is no use in thinking about what if's, they need to re-group and bring their A-game to the garden tomorrow. Or atleast what they can muster with the new lines. The season is far from over and they are now in the best playoff position they have been since January. Suck it up and get those points tomorrow, plain and simple.
Exactly...it's not a disaster, just a missed opportunity.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

A to Z game summary

A) Rangers key players (the ones still playing) were tired today. Exhasted even, after 2 very emotional and hard-fought wins over the Isles, and a miracle come-from-behind win against the Blues last Sat.

B) Obviously the NHL will stop at nothing to give a premier player a clear platform to perform, (unless he plays for the Rangers??). Where was the hook that got called? Anyone see it? What about the NON-icing call? Hey, here's an idea, why don't we stop the game and run the Zamboni before Crosby's shifts so he doesn't have to skate in that crappy ice. Gotta let the kid have a chance to show his stuff right? I'm sorry, call me a cynical Ranger Homer, but to me they want Crosby in the playoffs making headlines for the "new" NHL.

C) I'll take the point. I wasn't expecting 2. That was all that mattered to me today, and from the looks of it, Ranger players felt the same way. they couldn't wait for that game to be over.

D) If you don't think Rozy is playing strong D for us, try going 3 games ina row without him. Defensive D is the most under-appreciated position in hockey. When you do your job well most people don't even know it. Make one mistake and most fan start talking trade. If denfensemen played "perfect" there would be no shots on goal. Rozy make mistakes today? You bet. The whole team did. Why? see A above. If anyone has the ice-time stats for the past 4 games please post them.

That's all I have for now. Feel free to add.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:45 PM
penzfan87*

Send a message via AIM to penzfan87*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Jagr is due a big game. Nice to see it vs Pitts at the igloo. Of course he'll be booed everytime he touches the puck. One of the greatest players in their Franchise history and they boo him. Awful.

Hopefully they get over it quicker and won't boo Crosby when he's a Ranger too.

i personally still love jagr and hate it when pens fans boo him.

penzfan87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 03:49 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
A) Rangers key players (the ones still playing) were tired today. Exhasted even, after 2 very emotional and hard-fought wins over the Isles, and a miracle come-from-behind win against the Blues last Sat.

B) Obviously the NHL will stop at nothing to give a premier player a clear platform to perform, (unless he plays for the Rangers??). Where was the hook that got called? Anyone see it? What about the NON-icing call? Hey, here's an idea, why don't we stop the game and run the Zamboni before Crosby's shifts so he doesn't have to skate in that crappy ice. Gotta let the kid have a chance to show his stuff right? I'm sorry, call me a cynical Ranger Homer, but to me they want Crosby in the playoffs making headlines for the "new" NHL.

C) I'll take the point. I wasn't expecting 2. That was all that mattered to me today, and from the looks of it, Ranger players felt the same way. they couldn't wait for that game to be over.

D) If you don't think Rozy is playing strong D for us, try going 3 games ina row without him. Defensive D is the most under-appreciated position in hockey. When you do your job well most people don't even know it. Make one mistake and most fan start talking trade. If denfensemen played "perfect" there would be no shots on goal. Rozy make mistakes today? You bet. The whole team did. Why? see A above. If anyone has the ice-time stats for the past 4 games please post them.

That's all I have for now. Feel free to add.

Trapped, I personally don't think Rozy had a good game, but you may be on to something with the amount of ice time he is logging. If so......that has to be laid at Renney's feet. Its not like he can't give other people more time now....there are better blueliners now overall, than there were at the start of the season.