HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

D partner to pair with Doughty

Old
05-03-2014, 12:46 AM
JCLiponfanboy*
Kubalik For Calder

vCash: 500
He is not available, but are you looking for an Enstrom type player?

JCLiponfanboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Availability being a question mark, but if I were the Kings I'd be inquiring about Hamhuis or Giordano. Those guys are the perfect compliment. Both those teams appear to be in a rebuild, both players are signed this year and next for around 4 mil. Price tag? Not sure, but it won't be cheap. Toffoli+1st gets the conversation started I imagine. Don't know if that's a price tag Kings would be OK with.
Hamhuis is likely right off the table, barring one of Carter, Richards or Kopitar being on it. He is a larger reason for any small success we had this season, and we would need a player of equal impact and calibre back.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:54 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium View Post
He is not available, but are you looking for an Enstrom type player?
Probably that sort of age group, perhaps with a bit more sandpaper to their game. Sutter seems to love players that are 6.'2 ,230. Ideally a player like Mitchell when we won the cup, Smart two way(more sah), but gritty when needed.

DontgoZiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:55 AM
saska sault

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4hockey View Post
He is already playing in LA and his name is Muzzin. Kid is big plays with his body and is getting better and better every game. Sure he makes a few mistakes that's part of being a kid and learning on the job as a top pairing defenseman. Even with many fans yelling that "getting Drew a partner " is the biggies need , I would bet our GM is not thinking that at all more looking to fill the holes in the 2nd and 3rd pairings coming this off season.
Glad to see someone appreciate Muzzin. Watched him play for a few years in the Sault, went to school with him, hes a great guy and has over come a lot to make it to the NHL. He was a Pen's pick who went unsigned after struggling from a herniated disc for a few years... barely played in the OHL his first few years. Once he became healthy he was easily the best d-man in the OHL. He can shoot, hit, skate.. he is an all around package, but has always been prone to a turn over or two a game.

saska sault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:56 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Hamhuis is likely right off the table, barring one of Carter, Richards or Kopitar being on it. He is a larger reason for any small success we had this season, and we would need a player of equal impact and calibre back.
I don't think the Kings move that sort of player. Richards is probably the more likely to be moved but I highly doubt it still.

Old
05-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Winger23

In all honesty put me in the muzzin camp. If he continues to play like he did against san jose, he's a perfect fit. This coming from someone who wanted him good early in the season.

Winger23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:43 AM
kingsofLA

Id love to trade for Bogosian to play with Voynov and keep Muzzin N Doughty together. That would drop Regher to the third pairing with Martino(Martinez).

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:49 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

We found one.

His name is Muzzin and he has taken another step forward this year. I mean this is the kids second season and he has come a long way and is doing a very good job paired with DD who is arguably the best all around Dman in the game today.

Last edited by etherialone: 05-03-2014 at 02:30 AM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:04 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Poor old Scuderi, has he really been that bad? I'd have him back if we could afford him, in a sheltered role.
I'm sure he would do well if he was a King again, Dmen normally suck under Bylsma untill they get moved (Lovejoy, Strait).

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:05 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I'm sure he would do well if he was a King again, Dmen normally suck under Bylsma untill they get moved (Lovejoy, Strait).
You could see he was slowing down a little bit towards the end of his Kings tenure, but he's a smart Dman.

Old
05-03-2014, 02:34 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Poor old Scuderi, has he really been that bad? I'd have him back if we could afford him, in a sheltered role.
Pens fans have been pretty hard on him. He's been injured this season, however our system really doesn't suit him. Odds are Bylsma will be back next season, so unless our coach gets canned this year Scuderi still won't suit our system. Then there's also the matter of our deep D prospect pool... that has a couple who should be pushing for NHL icetime.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Domino11

A perfect fit for LA would be Markov ... Markov and doughty together would be a perfect duo ! LA should go for him I. The off season since he's gonna hit ufa

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Vertzedyek

Never ever EVER happening. But what'd you give for Vlasic?

Vertzedyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:45 AM
kihei

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who is likely to be available that LA can pair with Doughty. Muzzin has been playing well, but i'd prefer he wasn't playing as many minutes. Several of our Dmen are potential ufas and wearing out. I'd be after a defensively responsible big minute eater that isn't ancient or a midget.

Fire away
Has Muzzin been playing that well? Every playoff game that I have seen with LA, Muzzin has had moments in the defensive end that reminded me of Franson. How can that be a good thing?

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:23 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
I don't mind Muzzin, he has impressed me with his recent play, i'd just like another option, Mitchell and Green are ufas, Regehr is getting older too. It makes sense to get a player capable of playing big minutes with Doughty, so that we have a bit more versatility on defense. Whether that player plays with Doughty or Voynov doesn't matter, but i'd rather we paid more to get a player that can play big minutes if needed. Look what happened to the Sharks after Vlasic got injured, they ran out of options.
I think you could handle losing Doughty more than we could handle losing Vlasic. You hit us in the one weakspot on the team. I said that as soon as Vlasic was injured, that the series was done.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:11 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertzedyek View Post
not that it would happen but i would be ok with salva and toffoli I maybe overpaying but id love to see drew vlasic for 82 games I think that would be the best pairing league wide by a good margin. You got to give to get.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Braydon Coburn + Jason Akeson for Tyler Toffoli + Alec Martinez. If not Toffoli, then perhaps Pearson + Lewis.

Kings D:
Coburn - Doughty - can handle 25-30 minutes per night, both great skaters
Regehr/Muzzin - Voynov - can handle 20-25 minutes
Muzzin/Regehr - Greene/Mitchell - up in the air with both Greene and Mitchell being UFA, but I assume one of the two will be re-signed

Last edited by Four Boilermakers: 05-03-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:41 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Braydon Coburn for Tyler Toffoli
Never happen Toffoli is to valuable to la s future.

Old
05-03-2014, 02:42 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Has Muzzin been playing that well? Every playoff game that I have seen with LA, Muzzin has had moments in the defensive end that reminded me of Franson. How can that be a good thing?
He has played well, a lot better than earlier in the regular season, where he was very prone to turnovers and the odd daft penalty( Not saying that he has completely passed that stage.) He's still a youngish dman learning his trade.

Old
05-03-2014, 02:46 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
A perfect fit for LA would be Markov ... Markov and doughty together would be a perfect duo ! LA should go for him I. The off season since he's gonna hit ufa
He's getting old and is going to want to get paid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertzedyek View Post
I'd love to get Vlasic, he's spot on the sort of Dman I'd be after, but like you said, it ain't happening.

I'd do Toffoli + and hope like hell we don't regret it in the future

Old
05-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Ace101

Quote:
I wouldn't hate either, but whats happened to Edler? Thats almost JMFJ +/- territory
All of Vancouver has had a completely off year and some analysts from TSN and another one have articles on how Edler had arguably the worst puck luck in the NHL. Almost no doubt in my mind he'd bounce back, especially with Doughty. When he was with Ehroff a lesser Doughty of sorts he was playing arguably at his best and was great.

Ace101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Never happen Toffoli is to valuable to la s future.
What about Pearson+Martinez? Coburn is a very good all-around defenseman who has been munching minutes for the Flyers every year on the top pairing. He's the LHD you are looking for and brings size and PK ability that might be lost when/if Greene or Mitchell leaves. Flyers re-signed MacDonald and it sounds like Timonen will go for one more year with Philly, so they would be able to move Coburn.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:14 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Carter,,, your dreaming and Kopitar your in fantasy land. You don't have a player on your roster worth either of these players. And nothing even remotely close for Kopitar.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:16 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
What about Pearson+Martinez? Coburn is a very good all-around defenseman who has been munching minutes for the Flyers every year on the top pairing. He's the LHD you are looking for and brings size and PK ability that might be lost when/if Greene or Mitchell leaves. Flyers re-signed MacDonald and it sounds like Timonen will go for one more year with Philly, so they would be able to move Coburn.
No to that as well We are proberly losing Mitchell and Greene we need to add one more defense man not lose one. Also losing Pearson would create another hole at lw. It would be lose 2 pieces to the main roster to be replaced with one. It makes no sence.

Old
05-03-2014, 03:17 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofLA View Post
Id love to trade for Bogosian to play with Voynov and keep Muzzin N Doughty together. That would drop Regher to the third pairing with Martino(Martinez).
We don't have the cap for him. We will get a mid level guy to replace one or both the UFA ,and keep Drew and Muzzin together for years to come.

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote