HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary-Florida

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2014, 02:30 AM
  #1
Aceonfire*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Calgary-Florida

CGY: Howden + 1st overall
FL: 4th overall + Sven Bärtschi

Burke wants size on the roster and it seems like Sven Bärtschi has become expendable because of this.

Tallon has been shopping the pick because he would rather have a player that can make an impact now as opposed to a few years from now.

This way he can have a top 6 forward + one of Dal Colle/Draisaitl/Ehlers etc..

Aceonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:16 AM
  #2
First round bust
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
CGY: Howden + 1st overall
FL: 4th overall + Sven Bärtschi

Burke wants size on the roster and it seems like Sven Bärtschi has become expendable because of this.

Tallon has been shopping the pick because he would rather have a player that can make an impact now as opposed to a few years from now.

This way he can have a top 6 forward + one of Dal Colle/Draisaitl/Ehlers etc..
No thanks

First round bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:32 AM
  #3
Method Man
Bring the Pain
 
Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,874
vCash: 50
Burke has gone on the record saying he will not trade up. Stated something about how none of the top guys are head and shoulders above the rest. Said when he traded up to draft the Sedins it was because he believed they were much better than everyone else in the draft.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:36 AM
  #4
Newusername
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 221
vCash: 1955
I would do it from a flames perspective as a Florida perspective, i would want a little more, maybe add colorado's 2nd and. 5th from florida. Howden is a ceiling 3rd liner maybe a solid 4th liner

Newusername is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:06 AM
  #5
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newusername View Post
I would do it from a flames perspective as a Florida perspective, i would want a little more, maybe add colorado's 2nd and. 5th from florida. Howden is a ceiling 3rd liner maybe a solid 4th liner
howden proved this year that he can be a middle 6:er, he really seems to pan out as a radek dvorak-ish player. he def. got a few 20 goals seasons in him i think

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:55 AM
  #6
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,873
vCash: 500
No thanks.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:08 AM
  #7
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,311
vCash: 500
Not this again

Beezeral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:39 PM
  #8
Aceonfire*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
No thanks.
So you wouldn't fall back just spots for Sven Bärtschi?

Howden still has decent upside but Sven is the better prospect.

Aceonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:17 PM
  #9
Johnnybegood13
Registered User
 
Johnnybegood13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 6,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Burke has gone on the record saying he will not trade up. Stated something about how none of the top guys are head and shoulders above the rest. Said when he traded up to draft the Sedins it was because he believed they were much better than everyone else in the draft.
Not a big fan of Burke but if he said this I would agree, 4th is fine by me, let Florada dangle that pick somewhere else.

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:55 PM
  #10
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
So you wouldn't fall back just spots for Sven Bärtschi?

Howden still has decent upside but Sven is the better prospect.
Don't see it being enough to pass on any of the top 3.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:13 PM
  #11
Feel The Heat
Flames in 6
 
Feel The Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
Not a big fan of Burke but if he said this I would agree, 4th is fine by me, let Florada dangle that pick somewhere else.
I agree
Totally happy with the 4th pick. To give up Sven also no thanks.

Feel The Heat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:14 PM
  #12
longchange
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Don't see it being enough to pass on any of the top 3.
Care to elaborate on who the definitive "top 3" are?

longchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:26 PM
  #13
reign of fire
Registered User
 
reign of fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
I'm a Flames fan to the core and want what's best for the team.
You guys really don't think Burke would essentially trade Baerstchi for Ekblad?
I think he would

reign of fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:19 PM
  #14
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,255
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by reign of fire View Post
I'm a Flames fan to the core and want what's best for the team.
You guys really don't think Burke would essentially trade Baerstchi for Ekblad?
I think he would
Except its not Baertschi for Ekblad.

It's Eklbad and Howden for Baertschi+Bennett/Dal Colle/Draisaitl/Reinhart. I would not do this trade.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:25 PM
  #15
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Except its not Baertschi for Ekblad.

It's Eklbad and Howden for Baertschi+Bennett/Dal Colle/Draisaitl/Reinhart. I would not do this trade.


and the panthers don't want to drop out of the top 3 for a marginal prospect upgrade

Beezeral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 08:22 AM
  #16
mdexm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Burke has gone on the record saying he will not trade up. Stated something about how none of the top guys are head and shoulders above the rest. Said when he traded up to draft the Sedins it was because he believed they were much better than everyone else in the draft.
Burke has also said countless times he's not the GM and he stated at the Treliving presser he will not be involved in the draft.

mdexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 08:50 AM
  #17
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by longchange View Post
Care to elaborate on who the definitive "top 3" are?
Oh, only the most talked about 3 guys.

While they're not "definitive," I'm not a fan of the swap, either.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 08:56 AM
  #18
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 142
I'll guess that at #4 Florida's consensus #1 guy Ekblad will not be on the board.
Calgary's #1 guy imho should be Reinhart the best passing centre in the draft.

Buffalo could use Bennett (CS #1, OHL star, compares to Gilmour coached by Dougie) or Draisaitl
Edmonton could really use Bennett or Draisaitl (Great size, generates offense by himself)

I don't really see the point in Calgary trading a huge piece to move up as we either get our guy or we get someone else's that falls because they loved Reinhart's playoff performance.

That said the Panthers know the price that teams pay for 1st overall and they aren't going to sell it cheap this year for a random dropping centre when they can get a defensive stud. So I don't think the 2 sides will ever agree on value for the trade to happen.

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 08:57 AM
  #19
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Doubt Calgary does that.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:41 AM
  #20
broc
Registered User
 
broc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Eh, I don't see why Howden is even involved.

Baertschi isn't the "WOW" prospect he was a couple seasons ago. If his value is higher than Howdens (which I'm not even sure it would be), it's not enough that you would flip 4th overall for 1st overall. *shrug*

Easy no from FLA, even if you take Howden out IMO...

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:42 AM
  #21
JohnnyGoodDro
haatley
 
JohnnyGoodDro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
Eh, I don't see why Howden is even involved.

Baertschi isn't the "WOW" prospect he was a couple seasons ago. If his value is higher than Howdens (which I'm not even sure it would be), it's not enough that you would flip 4th overall for 1st overall. *shrug*

Easy no from FLA, even if you take Howden out IMO...
Sven is still a great prospect.
howden is not

JohnnyGoodDro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 11:54 AM
  #22
EnforceTheLaus
Moderator
#TeachTheTrospiracy
 
EnforceTheLaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Sven is still a great prospect.
howden is not


Howden is very much a great prospect. He has that elite speed in his game making him far more useful outside of just points pts.

Flames don't have the pieces to make a deal for the 1st.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 12:21 PM
  #23
fetalposition
Registered User
 
fetalposition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
Eh, I don't see why Howden is even involved.

Baertschi isn't the "WOW" prospect he was a couple seasons ago. If his value is higher than Howdens (which I'm not even sure it would be), it's not enough that you would flip 4th overall for 1st overall. *shrug*

Easy no from FLA, even if you take Howden out IMO...
Your right, sven sucks, 12 points in 26 games this year on the third line, just terrible. Do people even have a clue anymore? sven IS a wow prospect, he was sent down JUST to develop his defensive play, which burke says is coming around very nicely. Not a chance does he get thrown in just to move up a couple spots in a draft where there is no specific number 1.

fetalposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:35 PM
  #24
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetalposition View Post
Your right, sven sucks, 12 points in 26 games this year on the third line, just terrible. Do people even have a clue anymore? sven IS a wow prospect, he was sent down JUST to develop his defensive play, which burke says is coming around very nicely. Not a chance does he get thrown in just to move up a couple spots in a draft where there is no specific number 1.
Pull your panties out of your rear end, he didn't come close to saying that Sven sucks.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 03:42 PM
  #25
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,255
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetalposition View Post
Your right, sven sucks, 12 points in 26 games this year on the third line, just terrible. Do people even have a clue anymore? sven IS a wow prospect, he was sent down JUST to develop his defensive play, which burke says is coming around very nicely. Not a chance does he get thrown in just to move up a couple spots in a draft where there is no specific number 1.
All he said is that Sven isn't quite as attractive for teams as he was last season, which is true. Baertschi has had a disappointing season.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.