HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Seth Jones for Offence

Old
05-03-2014, 02:02 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

vCash: 500
Eberle + 2015 1st + Klefbom +2015 3rd for Jones + 11th overall(Tuch)

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
LIndholm plus for jones. Makes too much sense for both teams not to do it.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:37 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Logan Couture would be on the table. I love Jones.
Couture is my 2nd favourite player and I don't like Jones as much as others, but I agree, Couture is on the table.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:41 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
absolutely NO to Drouin

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:03 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghtti View Post
I'm not buying the hype on Drouin, has he done anything to improve his value? I didn't get to watch him play. I thought at the draft that Jones should have gone higher than 4th overall
Yes, he absolutely has. I suggest you follow him. He's played at a ridiculous level in the QMJHL. IIRC, he was scoring nearly 3 PPG for a later part of the season, but was over 2 PPG throughout.

Old
05-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Rschmitz

I wouldn't deal Drouin, just seeing what the reaction would be. He isn't untouchable though

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTeRMaTH View Post
Yes Weber is the best defenseman but Im happy that you guys matched the offersheet. That contract was ludicrous. Im just saying I think it would have been better for you guys to take the 1st rounders and do a true rebuild like Buffalo is doing right now.
A "true rebuild", you mean losing 50+ games to get a number 1 pick? That won't fly here, we can't afford to suck that bad, we need to stay competitive and we were only three points off from the playoffs. If we beat Dallas in the last week, or Rinne plays more than 20 games we are in the playoffs, we are closer to competing then most people realize. I don't think there is a definition of what a "true rebuild" is anyway.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:38 AM
spaghtti

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Yes, he absolutely has. I suggest you follow him. He's played at a ridiculous level in the QMJHL. IIRC, he was scoring nearly 3 PPG for a later part of the season, but was over 2 PPG throughout.
less goals than last year, only 3 more points for someone who is another year older playing in the same league and needing to go on a 3 ppg pace to reach where he was last year kinda makes me think Gagner 8 point game type stuff

spaghtti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Stamverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
I wouldn't deal Drouin, just seeing what the reaction would be. He isn't untouchable though
I can't even imagine the overpayment it would take to move him.

Stamverine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:01 AM
bernmeister

Stepan, a lower level 1c, is possibly the best pivot you're gonna get, one who compares favorably overall with RNH (who has a better shot). Of course, NY would have to add. Ranger fans moan and groan about Brassard as substitute, but IMO it is a reasonable gamble if return on Stepan is enough.

Offense generally is not NYR strong suit. Kreider straight up is a discussion, but is the only beast Rangers have, so would prefer to avoid. How about
Stepan
J. Moore
JT Miller
Anthony Duclair, with a condition: if you're not happy with him after 2 years, you can trade back to us on last year of his ELC for a 1st.

Would hate to also lose Miller, who I am touting as the best fit we have for Kreider.

Other pieces, but that is closest to OP for 'offense', who are quality young assets.

Is this the top bid so far?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:06 AM
ponokanocker

I'd rather see Edmonton go after an established D so we can get out of finishing in the basement. I do think Jones will be a #1D one day, but want to see this team start to compete next season.

I think Nashville would be crazy to deal Jones, even if their strength is on the blue line and forward core weak. They aren't one first liner away from competing, so I don't see the point at this point in time.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

A re-signed Spezza + Weircioch.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:44 AM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
A re-signed Spezza + Weircioch.
Spezza is too old

ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Bluejaysfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Stepan, a lower level 1c, is possibly the best pivot you're gonna get, one who compares favorably overall with RNH (who has a better shot). Of course, NY would have to add. Ranger fans moan and groan about Brassard as substitute, but IMO it is a reasonable gamble if return on Stepan is enough.

Offense generally is not NYR strong suit. Kreider straight up is a discussion, but is the only beast Rangers have, so would prefer to avoid. How about
Stepan
J. Moore
JT Miller
Anthony Duclair, with a condition: if you're not happy with him after 2 years, you can trade back to us on last year of his ELC for a 1st.

Would hate to also lose Miller, who I am touting as the best fit we have for Kreider.

Other pieces, but that is closest to OP for 'offense', who are quality young assets.

LOL, other posters offer deals around Jones for Duchene, Kessel, Couture and Drouin and you ask if this is the top bid.

Bluejaysfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:50 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Kessel for Jones + 11th pick.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:24 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:
less goals than last year, only 3 more points for someone who is another year older playing in the same league and needing to go on a 3 ppg pace to reach where he was last year kinda makes me think Gagner 8 point game type stuff
While learning to play a new position with new responsibilities and no longer player with a fast rising NHL star, so teams key in on him.

Something tells me you don't watch him though, and just looked up his stats.

Old
05-03-2014, 11:45 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan View Post
LOL, other posters offer deals around Jones for Duchene, Kessel, Couture and Drouin and you ask if this is the top bid.
Not so LOL.
Those are mostly 1 for 1.
Yeah, in all those deals the main piece is better than Stepan alone, sure.
But I didn't pitch Stepan alone.

I'm holding off a coupla days to see the last best offer.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
Done in a second...

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:32 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post

Stepan
J. Moore
JT Miller

Here are the flaws with your proposal from the point of view of Nashville. Stepan is a nice piece, sure, but if we are trading a player like Jones it's going to take a player that will come in and have an impact. Otherwise, the other packaged players need to fill some needs. You're offering two other pieces. The issue is we have absolutely no need for a left handed defenseman. None. If we trade Jones our need is a top 4 RHD, or a RHD with top 4 potential. JT Miller does nothing for us right now, and looks like he's at least a couple of seasons away from reaching his potential (assuming he does).

As has been mentioned a couple of times, Nashville is not in rebuild mode. They are pretty close to actually competing, and only missed the playoffs this year due to inconsistent goaltending that ranged from good to terrifyingly bad. This trade simply doesn't fill immediate needs. If we're going to have to wait around for some players to develop we might as well just hang on to Jones IMO.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:10 PM
spaghtti

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
While learning to play a new position with new responsibilities and no longer player with a fast rising NHL star, so teams key in on him.

Something tells me you don't watch him though, and just looked up his stats.
You are correct that something was me, I posted it in a comment you replied too

spaghtti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:21 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
Yeah, think I would do that since our biggest need is top 3 now.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 01:23 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
You are correct that something was me, I posted it in a comment you replied too
Touché

Well I suppose that'd be a good start. He really is a great player and he's been my favourite prospect in the world for nearly two years now.

Old
05-03-2014, 01:36 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Yeah, think I would do that since our biggest need is top 3 now.
I think Tampa would offer a better deal..

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Pop147258

To detroit Seth jones, filip forsberg, 1st Round 2015
To Nashville pavel datsyuk

Pop147258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:22 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop147258 View Post
To detroit Seth jones, filip forsberg, 1st Round 2015
To Nashville pavel datsyuk
Yeah, no. Dats is one of my favorite players in the league, and it's been a treat to be able to watch him without that constant "I hate Detroit for always being at the top of the Central" thought in the back of my mind. However, trading away Jones, Forsberg and a 1st for a guy who is 35 with two more years on a $7.5m AAV contract is a terrible idea for the Preds. Talk about a band-aid. Besides, I doubt Datsyuk would waive his NMC, especially to go to a Nashville team that is a couple of years away from being a contender if the right moves are made.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote