HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

DET - BUF (A Big Ole' Blockbuster!)

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Sparksrus3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMothman View Post
2014 1st Round Pick
2015 3rd Round Pick
Thomas Tatar
Xavier Ouellet
Johan Franzen
Jakub Kindl
Joakim Andersson

for

Tyler Myers
Chris Stewart

2014 2nd Round Pick

Detroit needs right-handed players. They need a top four defenseman. And they need a big power forward. Buffalo is in full rebuild mode; and there have been rumors about them being open to trading Myers for a while. And from what I've gathered, they acquired Stewart to be another big trading chip.

So with this trade, Detroit fills their two biggest needs, and Buffalo acquires a lot of great players whom can impact their future in a positive way, and players who can also make their roster more competitive in an immediate way.

Am I way off with this idea? Or is this something that fans of both teams would be alright with? As a Detroit fan, I'd pull the triggers on the trade without hesitation. But I'm not sure if this is something that would even intrigue Buffalo fans in the slightest. So how about a discussion about this trade idea?! Maybe even a discussion that doesn't involve tearing me apart for having a horrendous trade proposal... pretty please?

Whoh! I'll get back to this after my coffee

Old
05-03-2014, 07:09 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Take Kindl and Franzen out of the first deal, and Tatar, Oullet and Andersson, and the 2nd pick, out of the 2nd deal.

That's way closer.
Yes, Chris Stewart for a 3rd rd pick and a mid-first round pick for Tyler Myers is much closer.

Last edited by is the answer jesus: 05-03-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old
05-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

this is ajust a silly deal

how about just a deal for ehrhoff?

tatar plus kindl plus andersson?

Old
05-03-2014, 07:35 AM
ZeroPT
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post

I like it. Any way we could add Callahan or something? I'm a massive fan of his.

Old
05-03-2014, 07:40 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:

Something around Tatar and Ehrhoff would work for me. I would want something more significant than Kindl and Andersson along with Tatar though. Buffalo would also retain salary on Ehrhoff to help with the potential recapture penalty which should help boost his value as well.

Old
05-03-2014, 08:46 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Solid basis for a deal. I assume Buffalo will want to retain salary to reduce the recapture risk to us, so maybe add a little sweetener or upgrade Andersson? Because Ehrhoff at 2m per is no doubt a huge bargain.

Old
05-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Solid basis for a deal. I assume Buffalo will want to retain salary to reduce the recapture risk to us, so maybe add a little sweetener or upgrade Andersson? Because Ehrhoff at 2m per is no doubt a huge bargain.
I don't think that the Detroit roster has a slight upgrade on Andersson in terms of forwards, except Glendening or Miller--I don't see them moving the former, and the latter would just be... funny, at this point. On the other hand, I do think the Detroit system has forwards that can either fill a need for Buffalo better or fill a higher role than Andersson within a year or two, and I don't think the Sabres are in much of a rush at this point.

An above poster mentioned Callahan, though he obviously has a man crush on Callahan. Would you consider Callahan upgrade an upgrade on Andersson in terms of how Buffalo would value him? Tatar + Kindl + Callahan? Would you prefer to take a gamble on a young puck moving d-man like Almqvist that Detroit may not have space for? I'm trying to keep the amount of pieces less than 4--not like 4 for 1 deals have never happened before, it just looks a little more reasonable like that, and I think keeping it to 3 pieces ensures Buffalo gets 3 pieces that are quality to them. 4 pieces starts looking like the Hossa to Pens or Phaneuf to Leafs return.

Old
05-03-2014, 09:12 AM
OwenFully

Quote:
Take Kindl and Franzen out of the first deal, and Tatar, Oullet and Andersson, and the 2nd pick, out of the 2nd deal.

That's way closer.
Nope that's absolutely awful for the Sabres and on top of that most likely does not make the Red Wings salary cap compliant

Old
05-03-2014, 09:24 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
I think it looks really bad when it's all bunched up together like that. But does this still look like way too much?

Franzen
Kindl
3rd Round Pick

for

Chris Stewart

and

Thomas Tatar
Xavier Ouellet
Joakim Andersson
1st Round Pick

for

Tyler Myers
2nd Round Pick

I know it's the exact same proposal I initially made. But I feel like it looks less ridiculous when it's broken up like this. Or am I just crazy, and still way off?
I'm not sure if you are crazy, but it still seems to be way off. I would say in both separate trades, the Red Wings are surrendering (at least) one more asset then they need to. Franzen and a 3rd or Kindl and 3rd are closer to Stewart's value then Franzen, Kindl & a 3rd is. Then three players and a 1st rounder for Tyler Myers (and his contract) and a second is a very steep price. I'm sure they could get it done with two players and a 1st rounder.

Old
05-03-2014, 09:52 AM
BStinson

Quote:
Like a 3rd?

Old
05-03-2014, 10:12 AM
is the answer jesus

Tatar and Pulkkinen for Ehrhoff @ 50%, Winnipeg's 2nd and Justin Bailey.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:31 AM
TossinSauce

Quote:

That's way closer.
So Myers for a mid first round pick? That's the opposite of closer

Old
05-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
2014 1st Round Pick
2015 3rd Round Pick
Thomas Tatar
Xavier Ouellet
Johan Franzen
Jakub Kindl
Joakim Andersson

for

Tyler Myers
Chris Stewart

2014 2nd Round Pick
If I'm Tim Murray, any deal with Detroit has to include Sheahan in the package coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C. View Post
If I am trading Myers, it's for Bennett, not Tatar.
If Myers gets traded, it had better be for either a blossoming # 1 center or an elite young scoring forward (i.e. Eberle, Skinner, E. Kane). He's probably the best trading chip the Sabres have at the moment and I'm sure Murray intends to get maximum value if he's going to deal him.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Dr Quincy

I think Detroit gives up too much in the original deal, but I'm not a huge fan of Stewart.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Tatar and Pulkkinen for Ehrhoff @ 50%, Winnipeg's 2nd and Justin Bailey.
Personally, I want Pulk's shot on the Wings way too much to trade him. We need people who will and can shoot the $@#@#$!#
puck for a change.

Tatar + Kindl + 3rd for Ehrhoff (or Andersson and a 4th round pick or Callahan if Andersson fills a role for you guys).

Old
05-03-2014, 11:23 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

I wouldn't do this.

Old
05-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
If Myers gets traded, it had better be for either a blossoming # 1 center or an elite young scoring forward (i.e. Eberle, Skinner, E. Kane). He's probably the best trading chip the Sabres have at the moment and I'm sure Murray intends to get maximum value if he's going to deal him.
Out of curiousity (I don't want to trade Nyquist at all, but what is this board if not hypotheticals?) what would you think of a Nyquist - Myers deal? Could complicate by adding pieces to both sides but I'm inclined to say start it off with a straight up swap and go from there if necessary.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:06 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantha Poodoo View Post
Out of curiousity (I don't want to trade Nyquist at all, but what is this board if not hypotheticals?) what would you think of a Nyquist - Myers deal? Could complicate by adding pieces to both sides but I'm inclined to say start it off with a straight up swap and go from there if necessary.
Yikes, that's horrendous. Nyquist is a two-way, goal-scoring winger with excellent upside. Myers is a boneheaded defenseman who has failed to live up to his potential. The Sabres would be foolish to say no, just as the Wings would be foolish to offer.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
This is really bad from a Detroit perspective and I cannot imagine a trade of this kind of magnitude would happen in division.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:31 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Yikes, that's horrendous. Nyquist is a two-way, goal-scoring winger with excellent upside. Myers is a boneheaded defenseman who has failed to live up to his potential. The Sabres would be foolish to say no, just as the Wings would be foolish to offer.
It could not be more obvious how little you've seen of Myers recently. He's a top pairing defenseman on 90% of the teams in the NHL, Detroit included.

Old
05-04-2014, 12:11 AM
ZeroPT
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Could've just said you don't watch the sabres. Would've saved alot of space and pixels

Old
05-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quality > Quantity

No high end pieces coming on Detroits side. Pass. Stewart is a proven 25 goal scorer and will likely return a 1st next season at the TDL. Sabres say no. If we move Myers it's going to be a 1 for 1 trade for a young top 6 forward who is already proven. I expect a 30-30-60 type forward for Myers, not a guy who will likely be a 20 goal scorer in Tatar who is less then a year younger then Myers. Forwards usually have their best statistical seasons around ages 22-26. He turns 24 in December and isn't nearly as proven as Myers. Franzen is 35 he has zero value to a team like Buffalo who will not contend for 2-3 years at least.

Old
05-04-2014, 07:51 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
It could not be more obvious how little you've seen of Myers recently. He's a top pairing defenseman on 90% of the teams in the NHL, Detroit included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Could've just said you don't watch the sabres. Would've saved alot of space and pixels
must get tiring to read that over and over again, no?

Old
05-04-2014, 10:20 AM
SirloinUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C. View Post
Myers is a bust like Kronwall is a bust. I prefer Myers over Kronwall and prefer to keep him. Otherwise, I don't really care what you think to the contrary.
Yikes...If you prefer Myers to kronwall you must enjoy basement dwelling. Kronwall is flat out the better player

Old
05-04-2014, 10:42 AM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
Yikes...If you prefer Myers to kronwall you must enjoy basement dwelling. Kronwall is flat out the better player
Regardless, Kronwall is a decade older. I keep Myers.

Myers is this apparently really horrifically bad defenseman who's been on a long downward spiral his entire career if all you do is read his point totals. And everybody has a trade proposal where they're trying to get him. That should tell you something.

Listen: every Sabres fan badmouthed Myers for the two years that followed his rookie campaign. We all acknowledged he was trying to be way too cute out there and would regularly cough the puck up. Then last year, we saw him start to turn a corner - play a simpler game with a better physical edge. Then this year, he was easily our best player, IMO (excepting Miller, who was lights out while he was here, at least). Myers has much, much more value than Ehrhoff at this point. The Sabres board turned on its head. We weren't blind when he struggled and we're not blind now - the kid turned a corner and looked like an elite player most of the year.

So if all you're gonna do is repeat back to us what we said in 2011 about Myers, you're gonna have to get more recent talking points or just watch him.

Closed Thread