HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This season is toast

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2007, 03:35 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Bring up Jessiman. Ha Ha Ha
Paging, Rodent...Mr. Hockey Rodent...

Old
03-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

This team needs adversity and close to thrives on it. Or atleast plays better when pressured. Give them an easy road, and they'll screw it up.

I like our near future.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Stoney La Rock

Nope, I'm not ready to give up on them yet. 35 years of being a fan have taught me one thing. With the Rangers, you always prepare for the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised. It still ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

for those of you that think that Jagr hasn't done much this yeat then you really have no clue as to the dynamics of this team

As Jagr goes, so goes the Rangers. When he and his line are not scoring, this team is so hampered it's not funny. But he's out there and the opposing team HAS to respect that. Without Jagr they have nothing to worry about other than Mikeal (I won't shoot the puck) Nylander and a half healthy Straka who is useless with out Jags anyway.

I would love to see some other guys step up and do things now that they haven't done all year but really now, what makes today any different than any other day? Do you really expect Cullen to become the 2nd line center this team needs? After spending the season showing us that all he truly is is a 3rd line center that benefitted a great deal from the team down in NC last year.

I can go on and on, but I won't

All I will say is that expecting something from this team that they have not been able to produce all season is just realizing and stating out loud that they are a limited team and porrly constructed and now very much in trouble.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:51 PM
kovalev27hf

jagr's fine he does this all the time says he doubts he can play he's dieing and then he's out there the next game flying. he was skating fine today and all of a sudden he can't go anymore. give me a break. i'd be SHOCKED if he didn't play tomorrow

Old
03-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Jagr is having hip issues and according to him it's been getting worse and worse

We need him in the line-up at 100% to have a chance to win, at anything less we are cripple, if he's not in the line-up we're done.
Yeah, exactly. your 100% right with Jagr not at 100% the NYR's are done no chance at all, totally shot.

Old
03-10-2007, 03:59 PM
beezer345

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
I don't know why everyone calls the season over. You guys still have a chance...I know its been rough in the past...but don't give up...

I hear people say NYC is the best city in the world, and I get disappointed a lot by the pessimism of Rangers fans sometimes.
of course we still have a chance but the lack of consistency and the inability to hold leads means we are a mediocre team.

why should we expect anything more from this team? if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then guess what?!?!

Old
03-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Did you even read what I said? I said without Jagr, this team is screwed.

I said he has done diddly poo on the score board, but he is a massive decoy and takes the attention off of everyone else.
Balej, sorry man, I missunderstood you completly. Sorry, stupid by me. I've changed the reply.

I acutally agree 100% with what you did post! Thats why I kind of reacted on it since I thought you ment the complete opposite.

Old
03-10-2007, 04:16 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
jagr's fine he does this all the time says he doubts he can play he's dieing and then he's out there the next game flying. he was skating fine today and all of a sudden he can't go anymore. give me a break. i'd be SHOCKED if he didn't play tomorrow
Yea because Jagr could never play through pain. He always fakes it.

Just because he plays through it well most of the time doesn't mean hes not injured.

I guess you forget last year when his whole shoulder was messed up and he still came out and played.

Instead of applauding him for rarely missing a game for an injury you criticize him and call him a faker.

Old
03-10-2007, 04:22 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer345 View Post
of course we still have a chance but the lack of consistency and the inability to hold leads means we are a mediocre team.

why should we expect anything more from this team? if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then guess what?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Well, there's a saying in sports, "New York is the best place to be when winning and the worst place to be when losing." Rangers fans are pessimistic because of how the organization has been run for the better part of 10 years but I, personally, feel like we are finally headed in the right direction and that this board can be extreme in both directions depending on the team's recent play...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Dude, outside of a couple of good years, the Rangers futility throughout their history has made Ranger fans like this. Why should they expect any better?
Why should you all expect something different?

BECAUSE ITS A NEW SEASON.

Only time I've ever been truly angry or disappointed with the Flyers is when their season ends. Luckily, I've come to terms with this season and I'll be ok.

This is a different season. Yes, it is a tough conference this year for the lower seeds, but there's no reason for you to start talking about how bad the team is when there's still hope that you guys could make it. The time to start talking about the bad aspects of the team is when you're season is over.

If you guys make it, I hope I get some PM's from people on this board saying "You were right."

I feel bad that sometimes I have more hope for the Rangers than some Rangers fans.

P.S. My response here wasn't directed at anyone, I was just highlighting those quotes to say that the season is still far from over.

Old
03-10-2007, 04:31 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Jagr, Shanny, Hossa, 1/2 Straka, Tyutin.

This season is

Emmmmmmmmm Toast............

Old
03-10-2007, 04:31 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Paging, Rodent...Mr. Hockey Rodent...
Yeah, Im waiting for the next article. Last article he called me a fourth grader. I wonder what grade I will be in this time.

Old
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
UAGoalieGuy

The Rangers are only 6 points out of 6th place with one game in hand (2 games in hand after Tamp's game tonight), 2 pts behind the Islanders with 2 more games against them, and 1 pt behind Carolina with 1 game in hand against them and they play them tomorrow. It sucks losing Jagr along with all the other injuries but the team and whoever they call up have to step it up and show some fortitude (sp). The Rangers have gotten at least a point in 8 of their last 10 games. A win tomorrow is huge and don't doubt the Rangers with the players they have left. Anything can happen in a hockey game, thats why they play the games and not go with the best team on paper to win.

Old
03-10-2007, 04:42 PM
UAGoalieGuy

A win tomorrow along with an Islanders lose tonight puts the Rangers in 7th place actually as well. Have some faith in the players that are not hurt. Lundqvist can steal any game as well. Don't lose faith boys! It isn't over until its over!

Old
03-10-2007, 04:49 PM
paintballruler*

the rangers will be hurting very badly it they lose jags..our other 1st line guys are terrible. They are not true 1st line guys....without jagr nylander, and straka are nothing.....if jagr miss's tomorrow's game we are going to be real bad...and have to hope to win the game 1-0

Old
03-10-2007, 04:53 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballruler View Post
the rangers will be hurting very badly it they lose jags..our other 1st line guys are terrible. They are not true 1st line guys....without jagr nylander, and straka are nothing.....if jagr miss's tomorrow's game we are going to be real bad...and have to hope to win the game 1-0
No negative crap, Let get behind our team. Opportunity for a young guy. Lets do it.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Edge

Optimism in one thing, being realistic is another.

The Rangers without Jagr AND Shanahan are in serious trouble.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:21 PM
nexusrage21

It's not over.

I understand the value of Jagr, I really do, but I think they can win without him. It's all about hard work, and playing solid defense. No one player makes any team. If they did, this team would be called Jaromir Jagr and the Jagettes.

I think we will see a more effective powerplay without Jagr. Instead of pass it until Jagr is open, we will see more of the pass and shoot style that has been working for us when we use it.

Yes, we will be missing our best player, but it ain't over baby.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballruler View Post
Nylander and Straka will ship in with some offense, look at Rachuneks goal tonight, all Nylander and no Jagr to be seen.

But I do think it hurts us tremendously, cause with no backup they have to be extremely good. We got Nylander and Straka on the first, and they are backed up by Avery, Cullen and Prucha spread out on 2 lines.

The effect the line on the shift before got on the line on the shift after is very underrated in hockey. If we got a line that can create pressure 80-90% of the time, it lifts the line thats on the ice after them allot. The other team get a bit tentive, they focus on getting it out of their own end ect.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Optimism in one thing, being realistic is another.

The Rangers without Jagr AND Shanahan are in serious trouble.
yeah but you can't write them off before the game is even played either (Not saying that you are writing them off). That's why we play the game!

Old
03-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
yeah but you can't write them off before the game is even played either (Not saying that you are writing them off). That's why we play the game!
Without a doubt, but you can acknowledge that the odds are very low.

There is a balance to be had, and I am firm believer in balance.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:30 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Without a doubt, but you can acknowledge that the odds are very low.

There is a balance to be had, and I am firm believer in balance.
well yeah. The biggest thing that will hurt the Rangers tomorrow is that they wont have a player that will draw that extra opposing player to him to open up another player for a scoring chance.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Edge

That and when is all is said and done Jagr is still a 25 goal, nearly 100 point player as well who directly makes Nylander and Straka better.

Without him and Shanny you have a lot of players who on their own would really struggle to eclipse the 20 goal mark.

That's fine if this team's defense was air-tight, but that's not the case.

Unfortunatly when you don't win with your stars in the lineup you lose the cushion you'd have if they were out. The Rangers have dug their own grave and now they have to try and climb their way out.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusrage21 View Post
It's not over.

I understand the value of Jagr, I really do, but I think they can win without him. It's all about hard work, and playing solid defense. No one player makes any team. If they did, this team would be called Jaromir Jagr and the Jagettes.

I think we will see a more effective powerplay without Jagr. Instead of pass it until Jagr is open, we will see more of the pass and shoot style that has been working for us when we use it.

Yes, we will be missing our best player, but it ain't over baby.
Good attitude!

Though, this is kind of how I look at our team tomorrow;
Straka-Nylander-Isbister
Prucha-Cullen-Orts
Hollweg-Betts-Avery
Orr-Dubinsky-Callahan

A 3 line team, and that after a game on the night before. You are never out in the game of hockey, belive me I've seen a ton of examples, like Sweden vs Belarus in the Olympics. But it doesn't look good, especially since we aren't used to playing the type of hockey thats needed, just collapsing around our own net and take whatever counterattack we can get.

Though its defenitly not over. Jagr ought to be back by atleast Friday, and thats only two games. With games in hand we might still only be out by 3 pts or somthing by then, and with allot of hockey left.

Old
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
hgo

You just beat the Islanders twice without Jagr doing anything. You're fine.

Closed Thread