HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lines next season (minus Shany)?

Old
03-10-2007, 10:10 AM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Hossa-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Dubinsky-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Korpikoski
Avery-Betts-Ortmayer
Orr

Staal-Roszival
Rachunek-Mara
Girardi-Tyutin
Malik

Lundqvist
UFA/Montoyta
I like this ....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Nich

hossa - Datsyuk - jagr
avery - drury - shanny
dawes - dubinsky - prucha
hollweeg - Bettes/jarkko - Otrs

tuts - girardi
rosival - malik
mara - staal

Lundqvist
Markkanen

extra - lampman, orr, jarkko/bettes

trade straka, and cullen for a draft choices or young players, sign drury and datsyuk to long term deals, don't re-sign nylander. and sign markkanen to a one year deal to give monty a 70% of games played year in hartford.

what do you think?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Yes Shanahan is 38. But his value goes beyond what he does on the ice.

03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
No way Avery is on the 4th line.
Its four even lines. One good 1st line, one really good checking line (Avery-Betts-Orts), and two 2nd lines that can hold their own defensivly and still chip in some offense and allot of speed and workethic.

We will never role 4 lines unless we got good players on all 4 lines. Avery would chip in with some offense on that line, and he is on the top pp unit. I could also live with Straka or Prucha there, but I want a real attitude checking line that really can wake us up when needed.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 05:05 PM
DontStaal

ok, ill play along as well...

first off, how can you forget Prucha dude? for shame

this is what i would like to see in the beginning of next season:

OFFENSE
Hossa - Straka - Jagr (worked well before)
Avery - Dubinsky - Prucha (Prucha and Avery crashin the net with Dubi's support)
Korpedo - Cullen - Callahan (I LIKE!)
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer (HBO... will hustle all night)

DEFENSE (NOT IN ORDER)
Tyutin - Girardi (proved to be solid this year and good chemistry)
Staal - Roszival ()
Mara- Rachunek (anyone else notice that Rachunek is playing awesome hockey with Mara)

extras: Dawes, Baranka, Jessiman , Liffiton

of course i'm not considering them signing a big name in the offseason, which i believe they will, but these lines seem pretty balanced throughout.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Ok, I know, I know, we spoke about lines for next season before. However, it seems to me that most of you here want to keep Shany?

Don't get me wrong, I like Shany a lot, he is a great leader and scorer. However, he is also 38. We have so many good young prospects in the AHL level that are ready or almost ready to play in the NHL...and guys like Shany will block them from making that next move.

So now that we've seen the likes of Dubinsky, Immonen, etc., at the NHL level...I think we should not re-sign Shany.

Here are my lines for next year:

Hossa - Nylander -Jagr
Avery - Dubinsky - Straka
Jessiman - Cullen - Callahan
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmayer

extra: Immonen/Orr/Isbister

Tyutin - Staal
Mara - Girardi
Rozsival - Pock

extra: Baranka/Sauer/Liffiton
Dubinsky and Immonen have no pairing on signing Shanahan, they play center he plays LW he isn't blocking them.

And Hossa does not give me enough confidence to take a shot on him to start a season at the cost of not signing Shanahan. Hossa has to show he can play for a whole season first.

Avery has never scored more than 15 goals at the NHL level and we're going to count on him as a second line LW?

Avery is a third line player, a very good one but you take a huge risk going with your top two LW's as Hossa and Avery.

You also take a huge risk putting two rookies on the third line with Cullen.

Prucha is also nowhere to be found.

There are just WAY too many what if's in the scenario with nothing more than a handful of good games for guys being expected to play very key roles.

Hartford has some good kids, but outside of Dawes they really don't have an impact on Shanahan. You're looking at a lot of kids, who if ready are still going to be starting out on the bottom lines.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
ok, ill play along as well...

first off, how can you forget Prucha dude? for shame

this is what i would like to see in the beginning of next season:

OFFENSE
Hossa - Straka - Jagr (worked well before)
Avery - Dubinsky - Prucha (Prucha and Avery crashin the net with Dubi's support)
Korpedo - Cullen - Callahan (I LIKE!)
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer (HBO... will hustle all night)

DEFENSE (NOT IN ORDER)
Tyutin - Girardi (proved to be solid this year and good chemistry)
Staal - Roszival ()
Mara- Rachunek (anyone else notice that Rachunek is playing awesome hockey with Mara)

extras: Dawes, Baranka, Jessiman , Liffiton

of course i'm not considering them signing a big name in the offseason, which i believe they will, but these lines seem pretty balanced throughout.
You're hoping Hossa is a first lw after a few good games, that Avery is a second line LW (along with a rookie center) and the backup to those plans is having two rookies on the third line?

Also combining that with two rookies on defense?

I think it's potentially rushing a few guys, hoping other guys have turned the corner and all in all taking way too many risks. I don't really see the balance.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:32 AM
DontStaal

you do have a valid point edge, i did state it would be a wild dream to see that but i guess it would be rusing a lot of prospects.

as for tyutin and girardi on D, i think they've developed some good chemistry this year and have been solid (of course till toots went out)

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
And Hossa does not give me enough confidence to take a shot on him to start a season at the cost of not signing Shanahan. Hossa has to show he can play for a whole season first.

Avery has never scored more than 15 goals at the NHL level and we're going to count on him as a second line LW?

Avery is a third line player, a very good one but you take a huge risk going with your top two LW's as Hossa and Avery.

You also take a huge risk putting two rookies on the third line with Cullen.
1. Hossa - he has played very well for 2-3 month prior to his injury. I dont know how you can say he is not good enough to play on the 1st line with Jagr when he has done that rather well for about a month now. I think you are underestimating Hossa a LOT!

2. Avery - If you dont want Avery on a 2nd line, then I'm sure EVERY GM in the NHL will take him off your hands and put him on their 2nd line, easily. He has 8 points in 14 games with the Rangers...and does so much more than just get points. He is good enough to play on any team's 2nd line.

3. Rookies with Cullen - I dont see that as a risk actually, I see it as letting the kids play. You are not throwing them in to play in the last 10 games of next season. You are putting them with Cullen from day 1 of training camp and they will slowly build experience that way. If one of the 2 rookies can't handle it, then you maybe put someone in with more experience (like an Isbister).

Prucha - I forgot about him...added him in another post on page 1.

In general, I find your views very pessimstic. Renney for a while was saying "we wont play the kids until they are ready for the NHL". So he would never play a Dubinsky or Immonen unless they were ready...they are ready now, so he is playing them. Both have been very solid, not costing us much defensively...same can be said for Girardi, Pock, Hossa, etc. Avery is just a diamond in a rough, those guys are so hard to come by...a skilled yet tough guy who can play on a 2nd line!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote