HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Television/Radio Contract (5 year deal with the Ticket confirmed)

Old
03-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 500
New Television/Radio Contract (5 year deal with the Ticket confirmed)

I was going to post this after the game against the Jackets until the incident happened...but has anyone heard any rumblings at all on the new TV contract for new year and beyond?

Our current deal expires at the end of this season (believe this is the one that was with the Rangers when it was agreed upon, but could be wrong), and haven't heard a word about any of it since I believe either October or early November.

Last heard the Stars were pushing hard for most, if not all, of the games to be on FSSW.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 04:26 PM
BigG44

All I could find was the story you mentioned.

Quote:
A richer television deal is near-ready, and would kick in next season. The Stars make some $12-million a year from their current Fox Sports contract, a figure that is set eclipse $20-million, similar to an increase the network handed the Los Angeles Kings.
Not relevant, but fascinating note about Rangers. Didn't realize they did this:

Quote:
Making money comes down to winning. Five years ago, when the Rangers weren’t winning, their ballpark was half-empty. Now the team has the fifth-highest attendance in baseball. Cuban produced an NBA winner in the Mavericks and the basketball team has been a top draw for a decade.
Also interesting:

Quote:
In the throes of bankruptcy, Gaglardi paid $267-million for the Stars and half of the American Airlines Center. A bargain, perhaps, but the losses were enormous.

“A guy said, ‘You got a deal,’” Gaglardi said. “I was like, ‘No, I just paid too much, that’s why I got it.’ But did I pay too much? Ask me in five or 10 years.

“Frankly, if we get this thing fixed, you’re going to look back and say, ‘Wow, you bought that franchise and half of that building for that, that’s a hell of a deal.’”

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Posting this here since this will go along with the TV deal..

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-audiences.ece

Quote:
The six-game opening round series of the NHL playoffs finished with a 1.9 average in Dallas-Fort Worth, which coincidentally is the same number the Stars scored for their six-game first-round playoff victory over the Ducks in 2008. The 1.9 rating, by the way, translates into 50,450 homes.

So you know: Sunday’s series ending 5-4 overtime loss was easily the highest rated game. It scored a 3.0. It peaked in the third period at a relatively whopping 5.0 as the Stars clung to a 4-2 lead. The sudden death overtime dropped incredibly to a 3.3.

Old
05-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 50
Hope for no TXA21.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Hope for no TXA21.
That would be nice even though it won't affect me anymore since I'll be back up in the Dallas area.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:45 AM
ElGuapo
Cheese

Yes, please no TXA21. Surely if Fox is willing to give them a better deal they can also take all the games.

ElGuapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:21 PM
PezRadar
Peverley #1 Fan!

I swear I recall reading that it would be all Fox Sports next year.

PezRadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PezRadar View Post
I swear I recall reading that it would be all Fox Sports next year.
That's what the Stars want. Gaglardi has come out and said that.

Old
06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Stars and the Ticket announce 5 year extension...

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=721864

Quote:
Dallas Stars President and CEO Jim Lites, in conjunction with the Vice President and Market Manager of Cumulus Media, Dallas/Fort Worth Dan Bennett, today announced a five-year radio broadcast rights extension between the Dallas Stars and Sportsradio 1310 AM/96.7 FM The Ticket.

For the last five seasons, The Ticket has served as the radio home for Dallas Stars hockey, broadcasting all regular season and postseason contests. Additionally, the station also broadcasts pregame, intermission and postgame programming providing Metroplex sports fans with the most complete Stars coverage on the radio.

“Our organization is thrilled to extend our relationship with The Ticket for another five years,” Lites said. “Broadcasting our games on the highest-rated sports talk station in the greater Southwest allows our dedicated fan base to continue experiencing in-depth analysis and the one-of-a-kind commentary that only The Ticket can provide.”

Old
06-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

The ticket is a great thing for this organization. It can be hard to pick up at times but they not only cover the games they add extra shows to talk hockey. No one else would. Good deal Stars. Thanks, The Ticket.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 12:06 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Bob and Dan are no longer doing any postgame shows, correct?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Bob and Dan are no longer doing any postgame shows, correct?
Correct, thank God.

Bruce LeVine and Josh Bogorad did the pre and post games show last season. I'm assuming both will be returning.

Old
06-05-2014, 12:16 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Thank god is right. Bob was ok but you could tell even though he likes hockey a lot that he felt too big to do a Stars postgame show. Dan I always pictured in the press box with his back to the ice cramming his face and watching Dancing with the Stars (see, I'm watching the Stars). Just terrible terrible postgame shows.

Old
06-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Thank god is right. Bob was ok but you could tell even though he likes hockey a lot that he felt too big to do a Stars postgame show. Dan I always pictured in the press box with his back to the ice cramming his face and watching Dancing with the Stars (see, I'm watching the Stars). Just terrible terrible postgame shows.
The new post game show sucks worse IMO, even without a disinterested, uninformed Dan there dragging it down. Bruce is annoying, Josh is alright, but they have little chemistry. They also are way more apt to have their Stars colored glasses on than Bob and Dan were. They just aren't interesting at all.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Bruce definitely is a ridiculous homer on air, to an annoying level.

I don't mind Josh one bit. But at least they know enough about hockey to talk about it.

The post game show before the two current guys was absolutely horrendous and made it look like no one in this state had any idea what the game of hockey was. It was downright embarrassing to listen to Dan try and talk anything hockey.

Old
06-05-2014, 01:53 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
brent severyn. brent severyn. brent severyn.

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Bruce definitely is a ridiculous homer on air, to an annoying level.

I don't mind Josh one bit. But at least they know enough about hockey to talk about it.

The post game show before the two current guys was absolutely horrendous and made it look like no one in this state had any idea what the game of hockey was. It was downright embarrassing to listen to Dan try and talk anything hockey.
I'm just a big Bruce hater. I'd rather listen to Dan make jokes than Bruce tell me that Ray Whitney is a veteran presence that is needed or that Goligoski isn't that bad, and then he has to get benched 2 games later. And he's just awkward to boot. I just don't get any enjoyment out of listening to the show.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Klockis
Our old-man savior

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
I'm just a big Bruce hater. I'd rather listen to Dan make jokes than Bruce tell me that Ray Whitney is a veteran presence that is needed or that Goligoski isn't that bad, and then he has to get benched 2 games later. And he's just awkward to boot. I just don't get any enjoyment out of listening to the show.
I have only listened to the post game show on the ticket once, after we clinched the playoffs. He was horrible and talk about how right he was on Goligoski, never mind that he was horrible for almost 2,5 years. Not to mention the official Stars podcast, I usually skip everything but the interviews because of the the idiotic homer opinions.

I like Bob and Dan's interviews when I listed to them, they're funny as hell and much better than anything radio related in Sweden. Never heard any of the post game shows but judging on the posts here they were pretty bad.

Klockis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 03:15 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
Oh I didn't mean to imply I like the current crew. I also really dislike Bruce, pretty much everything about him on the air is bad. I like BaD Radio during the day but listening to Dan complain about having to do his job that any of us could do better is pathetic. I generally don't listen to postgame stuff very often anyways. I'm usually either pumped from a win and just want to listen to music or am sad for a loss and don't really want to listen to any of those guys try to analyze what we just saw.

Old
06-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Only part of the post game show I listen to now is the player interview on the drive home. The rest isn't worth it.

Old
06-05-2014, 08:39 PM
TrillMike

Don't like Josh. I used to call in after almost every game when Bob and Dan were doing it.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

I'm not going to bring the media people talk into this thread as it's already going on the General Talk thread...but since we haven't heard anything about a new TV yet, I found it strange the wording they had in the press release about the presenters.

Quote:
Dallas Stars President and CEO Jim Lites, in conjunction with FOX Sports Southwest and Sportsradio 1310 and 96.7 FM The Ticket, announced the television and radio broadcasting crew for the upcoming 2014-15 Dallas Stars season. Owen Newkirk has been hired as a pre-game, intermission and post-game radio co-host alongside Bruce LeVine on Sportsradio 1310 and 96.7 FM The Ticket. Josh Bogorad will now serve as the host of “Stars Live” on FOX Sports Southwest for each game and will be joined on a panel that includes Brent Severyn, Craig Ludwig and Stu Barnes. Ali Lucia will serve as an ice-level reporter on FOX Sports Southwest for each home game. She will also retain her role as a reporter for DallasStars.com, providing in-depth interviews with players and front-office personnel.
I'm wondering if that means they've already signed a new deal with FSSW that means every game is going to be on an FSSW station (regular or plus). That was their original desire obviously, after they came out and even said that. Just weird that we haven't heard a peep about this at all, imo.

Old
08-07-2014, 07:12 PM
TrillMike

So no more TXA-21?

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2014, 09:05 PM
masinaLFC

No.. more.. live.. Ali Lucia looking forward to Bogorad

masinaLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2014, 08:06 AM
ElGuapo
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I'm not going to bring the media people talk into this thread as it's already going on the General Talk thread...but since we haven't heard anything about a new TV yet, I found it strange the wording they had in the press release about the presenters.

I'm wondering if that means they've already signed a new deal with FSSW that means every game is going to be on an FSSW station (regular or plus). That was their original desire obviously, after they came out and even said that. Just weird that we haven't heard a peep about this at all, imo.
I noticed this as well..First thing I looked for was to see if there would be any mention of TXA.

ElGuapo is offline   Reply With Quote