HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Confirmed: Nigel Dawes Called Up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2007, 07:12 PM
  #1
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,970
vCash: 500
Confirmed: Nigel Dawes Called Up

Dawes is not playing tonight in the Hartford game and is most likely on his way to NY for the 12:30 game tomorrow.


Just confirmed on the Pack radio.


Dawes deserved another shot and he's been play solid in the past 2 months in the AHL so i'm happy with the call up.


Liffiton was also called back up.


Last edited by FLYLine24: 03-10-2007 at 08:10 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:17 PM
  #2
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Good. I like Dawes. But this just means Brad Isbister will be on the first line and Nigel Dawes will play 5 minutes on a 3rd/4th line.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:23 PM
  #3
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Good. I like Dawes. But this just means Brad Isbister will be on the first line and Nigel Dawes will play 5 minutes on a 3rd/4th line.
He could end up with Dubi and Avery.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:32 PM
  #4
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
He could end up with Dubi and Avery.
That would make sense...That way Renney can just bench that entire line and move Avery up somewhere else about 30 minutes into the game.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:40 PM
  #5
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
That would make sense...That way Renney can just bench that entire line and move Avery up somewhere else about 30 minutes into the game.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind that.

Id like to see us start with
Straka-Nylander-Isbister
Prucha-Cullen-Orts
Hollweg-Betts-Avery

Dawes-Dubinksky-Orr

There is a extreme pressure on this team right now, and there are probably a extreme pressure within the team to on each other. In the 3rd when we got ran over you could see Dubinsky starting to loose his footing. Thats not a great enviorment to play a kid. The risk of them loosing us the game is pretty big. Its a tremendous diffrent for a kid like Dubinksky to come up when we are atleast playing decent, now when we are without Jagr we will struggle. Dubinsky aren't perfectly comfortable at this level yet, he must be in a strong enviorment or his flaws will be exposed, instead of him beeing able to concentrate on what he does well.

We could play him and he could do really well, but he could also end up loosing us the game, and that would hurt him allot. He is comming around pretty well right now, and I rather don't risk that and go with 3 lines instead.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:42 PM
  #6
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,598
vCash: 500
Why not Callahan?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:44 PM
  #7
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Dawes is not playing tonight in the Hartford game and is most likely on his way to NY for the 12:30 game tomorrow.

No confirmation yet.

If its true then good call up, Dawes deserved another shot and he's been play solid in the past 2 months in the AHL.
I agree, very good choice. Dawes is the player next to Immonen who is gooing to be the most comfortable players at this point in the NHL. I personally think Korpedo for example is a much better player, but with the team beeing such a mess as it is right now its not the time to play a kid like him. Kind of the same for Callahan.

Dawes is a gritty player and got potential to put the puck in the net if we have to use him.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 07:55 PM
  #8
ToMm NYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I agree, very good choice. Dawes is the player next to Immonen who is gooing to be the most comfortable players at this point in the NHL. I personally think Korpedo for example is a much better player, but with the team beeing such a mess as it is right now its not the time to play a kid like him. Kind of the same for Callahan.

Dawes is a gritty player and got potential to put the puck in the net if we have to use him.
Is Dawes gritty? I think Callahan can be more effective in 7 minutes than Dawes can. Dawes needs second line ice time to be effective.

ToMm NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:00 PM
  #9
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't mind that.

Id like to see us start with
Straka-Nylander-Isbister
Prucha-Cullen-Orts
Hollweg-Betts-Avery

Dawes-Dubinksky-Orr

There is a extreme pressure on this team right now, and there are probably a extreme pressure within the team to on each other. In the 3rd when we got ran over you could see Dubinsky starting to loose his footing. Thats not a great enviorment to play a kid. The risk of them loosing us the game is pretty big. Its a tremendous diffrent for a kid like Dubinksky to come up when we are atleast playing decent, now when we are without Jagr we will struggle. Dubinsky aren't perfectly comfortable at this level yet, he must be in a strong enviorment or his flaws will be exposed, instead of him beeing able to concentrate on what he does well.

We could play him and he could do really well, but he could also end up loosing us the game, and that would hurt him allot. He is comming around pretty well right now, and I rather don't risk that and go with 3 lines instead.
Orts and Ibister as our first and second line right wings?

Prucha can play the first line Right wing and Avery the second line RW. Dawes as second line LW. Hollweg and Ibister can be the 3rd and fourth line LW.

Although Ibister and Orts hustle and dig, they dont have a creative bone in there bodies and have no scoring game.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:04 PM
  #10
bar down*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saratoga Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Orts and Ibister as our first and second line right wings?

Prucha can play the first line Right wing and Avery the second line RW. Dawes as second line LW. Hollweg and Ibister can be the 3rd and fourth line LW.

Although Ibister and Orts hustle and dig, they dont have a creative bone in there bodies and have no scoring game.
yeah thats why ortmeyer scores almost 67 times a game and thast why isbister works hard down low and has potential to score. if ortmeyer could finish, man he would be good. i mean real good. look at all of his missed chances. if he couldve converted he wouldve had 20 goals this year. someone who could score that much, must have some creativity.

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:08 PM
  #11
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
yeah thats why ortmeyer scores almost 67 times a game and thast why isbister works hard down low and has potential to score. if ortmeyer could finish, man he would be good. i mean real good. look at all of his missed chances. if he couldve converted he wouldve had 20 goals this year. someone who could score that much, must have some creativity.
Ortmeyer and Roberto Duran have something in common, "Hands of Stone"

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:10 PM
  #12
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,970
vCash: 500
Confirmed info now guys, Liffiton also coming back up.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:13 PM
  #13
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Confirmed info now guys, Liffiton also coming back up.
I'm anxious to see the lineup for tommorows game!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:17 PM
  #14
bar down*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Saratoga Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bar down*
Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Ortmeyer and Roberto Duran have something in common, "Hands of Stone"
Whose Roberto Duran?

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:17 PM
  #15
wereback
Registered User
 
wereback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Wonder if Mara is also hurt.?

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:19 PM
  #16
nexusrage21
Registered User
 
nexusrage21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
Whose Roberto Duran?
Boxer

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
  #17
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
Whose Roberto Duran?
Now I REALLY feel old.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 08:43 PM
  #18
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
Whose Roberto Duran?
A great Welterweight fighter of the past who knocked down almost everyone he fought. His nickname was "Hands of Stone".

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:05 PM
  #19
JamesG1221
 
JamesG1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Wonder if Mara is also hurt.?







He did take another hit into that bruised shoulder today. My guess would be yes.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:46 PM
  #20
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Dawes Nylander Isbister
Straka Dubinsky Prucha
Avery Cullen Ortmeyer
Hollweg Betts Orr

Dawes first goal against Toronto Nylander was his center the whole game. They played well together and MAYBE that means something...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:55 PM
  #21
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,970
vCash: 500
Looks like Jagr is going to play so no Dawes.

Quote:
It sounds like Jaromir Jagr will try to play tomorrow against Carolina despite leaving today’s game early with a sore right leg. But to be safe, the Rangers are likely to call up Nigel Dawes from Hartford.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:00 PM
  #22
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Looks like Jagr is going to play so no Dawes.



http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/
They should not play Jagr. If he was bad enough to bail out of the 3rd period he has to be hurt. Sitting out the 3rd period and getting a 20 hour blow is not going to make him better. He needs to be sat. If they dress him he will end up leaving the game at some point and we will be shorthanded with a back to back game in less than 24 hours. There is no way he recovers.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:12 PM
  #23
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Looks like Jagr is going to play so no Dawes.



http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/
Well the Canes dont have a tough guy so maybe Dawes is in for Orr tomorrow if Jagr goes. That would make alot of sense. Dawes would at least get 4 mins with Dubinsky and its better than watching from the stands.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
  #24
TrampsLikeUs
Registered User
 
TrampsLikeUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hohoq
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TrampsLikeUs
Yes! I've been begging for Nigel to get another chance. I bet he plays for Orr (if Jagr plays, which I bet he does), but who knows.

Good luck, Nigel!

TrampsLikeUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:31 PM
  #25
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
Interesting...

thought Callahan would be the next call-up.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.