HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

D partner to pair with Doughty

Old
05-03-2014, 03:17 PM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
What about Pearson+Martinez? Coburn is a very good all-around defenseman who has been munching minutes for the Flyers every year on the top pairing. He's the LHD you are looking for and brings size and PK ability that might be lost when/if Greene or Mitchell leaves. Flyers re-signed MacDonald and it sounds like Timonen will go for one more year with Philly, so they would be able to move Coburn.
I don't think we want to move out any D. Coburn plays pretty soft for a big man doesn't he?

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:19 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
We found one.

His name is Muzzin and he has taken another step forward this year. I mean this is the kids second season and he has come a long way and is doing a very good job paired with DD who is arguably the best all around Dman in the game today.
You my friend are 100% right on this matter. Why the heck are people trying to fix what's not broken?

go4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 03:23 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Braydon Coburn + Jason Akeson for Tyler Toffoli + Alec Martinez. If not Toffoli, then perhaps Pearson + Lewis.

Kings D:
Coburn - Doughty - can handle 25-30 minutes per night, both great skaters
Regehr/Muzzin - Voynov - can handle 20-25 minutes
Muzzin/Regehr - Greene/Mitchell - up in the air with both Greene and Mitchell being UFA, but I assume one of the two will be re-signed
Not a chance we give one of the kids for Coburn he is average at best and if the Kings were dumb enough to give that package they would be getting much better return than him. Muzzin is better than Coburn right now and will be a ton better in the next year or two.

Old
05-03-2014, 03:24 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4hockey View Post
You my friend are 100% right on this matter. Why the heck are people trying to fix what's not broken?
Obviously each has their own opinion, but I thought i'd already explained my reasoning, next year our D is broken

Old
05-03-2014, 03:30 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Obviously each has their own opinion, but I thought i'd already explained my reasoning, next year our D is broken
Well not really broken. All we will need is to bring in one guy to replace our UFA's and McNabb will be the 6/7 guy. Doughty/Muzzin Voynov/???? AMart/Rieger So the ??? Is who Dean brings in to replace our UFA dmen so it's not broken at all we will be just fine.

Old
05-03-2014, 03:39 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Well not really broken. All we will need is to bring in one guy to replace our UFA's and McNabb will be the 6/7 guy. Doughty/Muzzin Voynov/???? AMart/Rieger So the ??? Is who Dean brings in to replace our UFA dmen so it's not broken at all we will be just fine.
That ??? next to Voynov is what I am talking about, I am just after a versatile player that can handle playing top minutes with doughty, like I mentioned earlier. I don't hate on the Doughty Muzzin pairing, it seems to work. I just want a player that can play either on Voynovs or Doughtys pairing. I should have realised the thread would get a little hijacked by the Muzzin fanbase.

Old
05-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Canadian Canuck
Kassian=Legend

Mike Richards + Jake Muzzin for Alex Edler + Jordan Schroeder

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 04:04 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Canuck View Post
Mike Richards + Jake Muzzin for Alex Edler + Jordan Schroeder
No thanks, We don't want to move out a dman (especially one playing big minutes) or Richards for a Dman that had a rough year

Last edited by DontgoZiggy: 05-03-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: curt initial response
Old
05-03-2014, 05:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Braydon Coburn + Jason Akeson for Tyler Toffoli + Alec Martinez. If not Toffoli, then perhaps Pearson + Lewis.

Kings D:
Coburn - Doughty - can handle 25-30 minutes per night, both great skaters
Regehr/Muzzin - Voynov - can handle 20-25 minutes
Muzzin/Regehr - Greene/Mitchell - up in the air with both Greene and Mitchell being UFA, but I assume one of the two will be re-signed
Not a chance.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
A perfect fit for LA would be Markov ... Markov and doughty together would be a perfect duo ! LA should go for him I. The off season since he's gonna hit ufa
Mitchell's on his way out. They play totally different games but Markov would be great with maybe Voynov.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Quote:
Not a chance we give one of the kids for Coburn he is average at best and if the Kings were dumb enough to give that package they would be getting much better return than him. Muzzin is better than Coburn right now and will be a ton better in the next year or two.
Muzzin is not better than Coburn. I am a Flyers fan originally, but I live in LA and have seen plenty of Kings hockey. Coburn is better than Muzzin by a decent margin and much more capable of playing big minutes. He is also only 29 years old and a former 8th overall draft pick.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 05:30 PM
go4hockey

Quote:
Muzzin is not better than Coburn. I am a Flyers fan originally, but I live in LA and have seen plenty of Kings hockey. Coburn is better than Muzzin by a decent margin and much more capable of playing big minutes. He is also only 29 years old and a former 8th overall draft pick.
Muzzin is playing "#1" minutes on the best defensive team in the league he is good there we will need a 2nd pairing guy to play with Voynov. So dealing any of our current defensemen makes no sense as it just make another hole.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:42 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
Then u should know LA would not trade Toffoli for Coburn.

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
David71

christian erhoff. 50% retained. the powerplay would be lethal imo.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 07:59 PM
AK1990

Phaneuf (15% retained salary)??

Phaneuf/Doughty
Muzzin/Voynov

is a pretty solid top 4

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:28 PM
phlocky

Well I would say that Coburn is exactly what you described as needing for his partner but one of your fans, Tonellisghost, seems to think that he's nothing more than a bottom pairing guy.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Grossmann for a draft pick. He would be good on the Kings because he could use his size and strength without being penalized as much. And Doughty could cover for his limited passing skills and below average speed.

Anyone telling you the Flyers can afford to trade Coburn is wrong. Not unless there is an even better defenseman coming back who can play 23 minutes against other team's best players.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote