HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Subban

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2014, 09:37 PM
  #26
Connor McJesus
Praise
 
Connor McJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
Never. Nothing here resembles that kind of offer though.
If you have either Coburn or Schenn on your first pairing you are in big trouble, and Brayden is most definitely a 40 points center. So yeah I think we'll keep our superstar.

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:39 PM
  #27
Philadelphia Ducks
Win it for Ed
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
If you have either Coburn or Schenn on your first pairing you are in big trouble, and Brayden is most definitely a 40 points center. So yeah I think we'll keep our superstar.
Just curious, how many Flyer games have you watched and actually looked at Coburn?

Also it was a Montreal fan (nvm Buffalo fan) who made this thread asking what teams would offer. It wasn't me or a Flyers fan posting this asking for Subban to come on over.

But alright, go ahead and keep your superstar even though that has nothing to do with what the original situation was in the OP.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:45 PM
  #28
Connor McJesus
Praise
 
Connor McJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Just curious, how many Flyer games have you watched and actually looked at Coburn?

Also it was a Montreal fan (nvm Buffalo fan) who made this thread asking what teams would offer. It wasn't me or a Flyers fan posting this asking for Subban to come on over.

But alright, go ahead and keep your superstar even though that has nothing to do with what the original situation was in the OP.
How many habs games have you watched and actually looked at Subban ? Wow asking lame questions is easy. Coburn is that guy who's not great at anything other than being big. I'd take Gorges over him which would make him an expensive #5 on the habs. And the Schenns are turning into disappointments at this point. Not sure I want my team to try its luck at turning their careers around.

And what does the team OP is a fan of have to do with anything ?

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:45 PM
  #29
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 500
Couturier + Simmonds

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:46 PM
  #30
Cootsfanclub
For Mr. Snider
 
Cootsfanclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Couturier + Simmonds
Still too much and still doesn't help the Flyers.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:47 PM
  #31
Philadelphia Ducks
Win it for Ed
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
How many habs games have you watched and actually looked at Subban ? Wow asking lame questions is easy. Coburn is that guy who's not great at anything other than being big. I'd take Gorges over him which would make him an expensive #5 on the habs.

And what does the team OP is a fan of have to do with anything ?
I'm not the one dimishing Subban's ability like you are with Coburn. I know Subban is a top pairing, number 1 dman. You're the one saying Coburn would be the 5th dman on the Habs and generally a number 4 dman which is far from the truth. So I'm just wondering if you've ever even seen Coburn play or just casually watched him play 2-3 games throughout the year and fire up nhl.com to check out their stats when you want to make arguments.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:49 PM
  #32
Extra Texture
A new career
 
Extra Texture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in a new town
Country: Sark
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
I'd consider this an overpayment and wouldn't help the Flyers.
That's delusional on both counts. You're giving up Coburn, who is good but 29, and two players who flyers fans are tripping over themselves to include in proposals.

In exchange for a Norris winner and a guy who would solve your organization's biggest need for the next decade. A guy who is 5 years younger than Coburn. A guy who every team in the NHL would love to add.

Not a chance in hell they move him anyway, they would laugh Holmgren off the phone for that.

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Couturier + Simmonds
Is a lot more like it.

Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:51 PM
  #33
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
Still too much and still doesn't help the Flyers.
Yes, yes it does. It gives the flyers exactly what they need. Couturier is great and Simmonds is a very good role player, but this team desperately needs a #1 D and you have to give to get.

Ideally though, I'd prefer to give both Schenns + Simmonds + a pick

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:51 PM
  #34
Cootsfanclub
For Mr. Snider
 
Cootsfanclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
That's delusional on both counts. You're giving up Coburn, who is good but 29, and two players who flyers fans are tripping over themselves to include in proposals.
Funny how fans of other teams always throw these players in proposals.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:54 PM
  #35
Cootsfanclub
For Mr. Snider
 
Cootsfanclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Yes, yes it does. It gives the flyers exactly what they need. Couturier is great and Simmonds is a very good role player, but this team desperately needs a #1 D and you have to give to get.

Ideally though, I'd prefer to give both Schenns + Simmonds + a pick
Who is going to replace Couturier's minutes? No one will be able to. Simmonds' production on the PP will be sorely missed. The addition of Subban won't help on either account.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:55 PM
  #36
Connor McJesus
Praise
 
Connor McJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
I'm not the one dimishing Subban's ability like you are with Coburn. I know Subban is a top pairing, number 1 dman. You're the one saying Coburn would be the 5th dman on the Habs and generally a number 4 dman which is far from the truth. So I'm just wondering if you've ever even seen Coburn play or just casually watched him play 2-3 games throughout the year and fire up nhl.com to check out their stats when you want to make arguments.
Where I'm telling you he would be on the habs is the absolute truth. I certainly would not be giving the Schenn or Coburn who played the Rangers top pairing minutes with what we're facing right now and our second pairing of Markov-Emelin is far superior too.

I see you want to turn this into a "lol you check stats on hockeydb and I'm a pro scout" argument but really Coburn is what he's been for all those years I've seen flyers games and he's nothing special. No, I don't watch 80 flyers games/year.

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:59 PM
  #37
edbrubaker*
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
SJS would be smart to put out a near max offer sheet.

edbrubaker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:02 PM
  #38
Johnnybegood13
Registered User
 
Johnnybegood13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 6,900
vCash: 500
He may not be going anywhere but I see a defenceman leading his team in PO scoring with an $8 million per year smile on his face.

Johnnybegood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:06 PM
  #39
CanadianSharks
Registered User
 
CanadianSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Couturier + Simmonds
Absolutely no consideration from the Habs.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:07 PM
  #40
CanadianSharks
Registered User
 
CanadianSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrubaker View Post
SJS would be smart to put out a near max offer sheet.
No... we can't afford to do that, and Subban doesn't fit our cap structure in SJ. Subban is my favourite player and the Habs and Sharks are my two favourite teams, but Subban to SJ is just a pipedream, just like Vlasic on the Habs.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:08 PM
  #41
Connor McJesus
Praise
 
Connor McJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
I'd consider this an overpayment and wouldn't help the Flyers.
Giroux for Eller, Emelin, Gorges and 2015 1st. Overpayment I guess ?

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:09 PM
  #42
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 53,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
That's delusional on both counts. You're giving up Coburn, who is good but 29, and two players who flyers fans are tripping over themselves to include in proposals.

In exchange for a Norris winner and a guy who would solve your organization's biggest need for the next decade. A guy who is 5 years younger than Coburn. A guy who every team in the NHL would love to add.

Not a chance in hell they move him anyway, they would laugh Holmgren off the phone for that.

This



Is a lot more like it.
I agree that Philly would likely benefit from having Subban, but I don't agree that every team in the NHL would love to add him. It's not a knock on Subban. It's just that some teams have other holes that he would not fill, and obtaining him via a trade would probably open up more holes.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:13 PM
  #43
Extra Texture
A new career
 
Extra Texture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in a new town
Country: Sark
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
Funny how fans of other teams always throw these players in proposals.
That's funny, because its your fans that are down on them, and including them in proposals of their own. No fan base is uniform, so obviously its not everyone that feels that way.

And you keep stating that PK Subban on the Flyers would not help them. You double down by stating that he wouldnt help the Flyers PP either. The guy is an absolute monster in every aspect of the game, especially on the power play. His howitzer shot has been killing the Bruins single-handedly.

Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:14 PM
  #44
Cootsfanclub
For Mr. Snider
 
Cootsfanclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Giroux for Eller, Emelin, Gorges and 2015 1st. Overpayment I guess ?
Giroux is worth more than Subban and the Coburn/Schenns offer is worth much more than your offer.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:17 PM
  #45
Cootsfanclub
For Mr. Snider
 
Cootsfanclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Texture View Post
That's funny, because its your fans that are down on them, and including them in proposals of their own. No fan base is uniform, so obviously its not everyone that feels that way.

And you keep stating that PK Subban on the Flyers would not help them. You double down by stating that he wouldnt help the Flyers PP either. The guy is an absolute monster in every aspect of the game, especially on the power play. His howitzer shot has been killing the Bruins single-handedly.
Subban would help the Flyers, if they don't give up players who have roles that are irreplaceable.
PK wouldn't replace Simmonds on the PP, he would replace Timonen. Flyers need a left handed defenseman that can get Giroux the puck while QB'ing and not necessarily be the triggerman.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:18 PM
  #46
Connor McJesus
Praise
 
Connor McJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
Giroux is worth more than Subban and the Coburn/Schenns offer is worth much more than your offer.
Obviously.

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:19 PM
  #47
Srsly
Registered User
 
Srsly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
Not a pens fan Malkin for Subban makes sense for both teams.
While I'm not a Pens fan I feel like they would need a second line center returned with any package involving Malkin.

I also feel as though Subban and Letang as a first pairing is a scary combination for the Pens. They're both offense first defensemen who have been known to have defensive problems from time to time. I'm not knocking Subban as a player as he's obviously a great acquisition for any team, but the Pens should be one of the last teams knocking at his door.

The flyers might make sense if he's dealt. Although I can't see that happening.

Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:21 PM
  #48
Extra Texture
A new career
 
Extra Texture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in a new town
Country: Sark
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I agree that Philly would likely benefit from having Subban, but I don't agree that every team in the NHL would love to add him. It's not a knock on Subban. It's just that some teams have other holes that he would not fill, and obtaining him via a trade would probably open up more holes.
Funny enough, when i wrote that statement, I thought "maybe except for Nashville" because you guys are so stacked on the backend. But yeah, the point was more that Subban could be added to any roster in the NHL and make them better. Kind of in-a-vacuum.

That said, the Flyers have a boatload of young talent with which they could add a premier player. In the real world where a trading team would be giving up assets, I actually think they are one of the few teams in the NHL that could swing a trade for a player of his caliber and still be great on paper.

Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:23 PM
  #49
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,326
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Schenn x2, Coburn, 2015 1st? Maaaybe.
No interest in the Schenns for me. I don't rate them as very highly at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Couturier + Simmonds
Both are nice pieces but not what we're looking for if we're trading P.K. Couturier especially isn't needed when we have Eller and Plekanec who play his role just fine on our team.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:31 PM
  #50
Nikolai Koolaidman
Registered User
 
Nikolai Koolaidman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 426
vCash: 500
This is what ill offer from the isles


P.K Subban


2014 1st Round Pick (5)
2014 2nd Round Pick (35)
Ryan Pulock
Frans Nielsen or Micheal Grabner

Nikolai Koolaidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.