HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Subban

Old
05-03-2014, 10:35 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
While I'm not a Pens fan I feel like they would need a second line center returned with any package involving Malkin.

I also feel as though Subban and Letang as a first pairing is a scary combination for the Pens. They're both offense first defensemen who have been known to have defensive problems from time to time. I'm not knocking Subban as a player as he's obviously a great acquisition for any team, but the Pens should be one of the last teams knocking at his door.

The flyers might make sense if he's dealt. Although I can't see that happening.
Meh. IF the Pens were to trade Malkin a 2C would be coming back, and a damn good one. Subban-Letang seems scary, but a problem in there own end.

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
Subban would help the Flyers, if they don't give up players who have roles that are irreplaceable.
PK wouldn't replace Simmonds on the PP, he would replace Timonen. Flyers need a left handed defenseman that can get Giroux the puck while QB'ing and not necessarily be the triggerman.
I can see you're likely a (young) Couturier fan... He's a very nice player, but he's not irreplaceable. We have Laughton in the pipeline who is an excellent two way guy. Couturier's loss would be felt, but he's not quite the legend you make him out to be. If his offense continues to blossom he could be special, but it seems pretty clear he won't be given the opportunity to do that as long as he has Giroux and Schenn in his way. He will always be playing w/ 3rd line wingers.

And again, Simmonds is great at his role, but the Flyers have always been a good power play team and will continue to be one with or without Simmonds. Standing in front of a net looking for deflections isn't the hardest job in the world. And when it comes playoff time, guys who do the majority of their damage on the PP get neutralized and given his lack of defensive prowess, he can actually become a liability.

PK Subban is an elite young defenseman who plays big minutes in all situations. His already massive ability to impact games is felt even more when the playoffs come around. He is exactly what the Flyers have needed /been looking for since Pronger went down.

If Montreal would take Coots + Simmonds, you take it and run.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:44 PM
YaGottaBeLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabouch View Post
Since when two middle pair defenceman and a 40pts centerman isn't worth a top 5 DMAN in the league ?
Subban is without a doubt a great talent, but if he is truly "a top 5 DMAN in the league" then why couldn't he make the top 6 D for Team Canada in Sochi?

YaGottaBeLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Players like Subban don't get traded for a bunch of smaller parts, they get traded for players with similar value, and then one of the teams (or both teams) add a bit to even things out.

Maybe someone can do a comparison but when you look at a lot of the big trades over the past couple years you always see the big main components, and the rest is added in. Look at the St-Louis trade, Nash last year, JVR/Schenn last year, etc.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Cootsfanclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
I can see you're likely a (young) Couturier fan... He's a very nice player, but he's not irreplaceable. We have Laughton in the pipeline who is an excellent two way guy. Couturier's loss would be felt, but he's not quite the legend you make him out to be. If his offense continues to blossom he could be special, but it seems pretty clear he won't be given the opportunity to do that as long as he has Giroux and Schenn in his way. He will always be playing w/ 3rd line wingers.

And again, Simmonds is great at his role, but the Flyers have always been a good power play team and will continue to be one with or without Simmonds. Standing in front of a net looking for deflections isn't the hardest job in the world. And when it comes playoff time, guys who do the majority of their damage on the PP get neutralized and given his lack of defensive prowess, he can actually become a liability.

PK Subban is an elite young defenseman who plays big minutes in all situations. His already massive ability to impact games is felt even more when the playoffs come around. He is exactly what the Flyers have needed /been looking for since Pronger went down.

If Montreal would take Coots + Simmonds, you take it and run.
There really isn't anyone on the Flyers that can replace Couturier right now. Maybe Laughton can in the future but that would we be way too much of a burden to drop on a rookie. Giroux can kill penalties but the great thing about the Flyers' PK is that he doesn't need to and can have his TOI freed up for even strength/PP time. Also, Matt Read is much more than just a third line winger.

Losing Simmonds on the first PP unit would just further damage the second unit that is already pretty poor. If Simmonds makes the other team adjust to him, hes doing something right.

I don't think Subban is as elite as everyone says he is. Paired with someone that can compliment him, he can be lethal. I just don't see him doing well in Philly. I just don't see him as an anchor of top pairing of a team that wins the cup. Subban is just Phaneuf/Letang tier.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
There really isn't anyone on the Flyers that can replace Couturier right now. Maybe Laughton can in the future but that would we be way too much of a burden to drop on a rookie. Giroux can kill penalties but the great thing about the Flyers' PK is that he doesn't need to and can have his TOI freed up for even strength/PP time. Also, Matt Read is much more than just a third line winger.

Losing Simmonds on the first PP unit would just further damage the second unit that is already pretty poor. If Simmonds makes the other team adjust to him, hes doing something right.

I don't think Subban is as elite as everyone says he is. Paired with someone that can compliment him, he can be lethal. I just don't see him doing well in Philly. I just don't see him as an anchor of top pairing of a team that wins the cup. Subban is just Phaneuf/Letang tier.
Oh boy buddy the homer glasses tinted enough for you? Good god it's all my guys great and not a 3rd liner and Bla Bla and meh your guy is okay ill do you a favor and give you a bunch of guys everyone else says aren't great but I love!!!! That's what you sound like

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Cootsfanclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Oh boy buddy the homer glasses tinted enough for you? Good god it's all my guys great and not a 3rd liner and Bla Bla and meh your guy is okay ill do you a favor and give you a bunch of guys everyone else says aren't great but I love!!!! That's what you sound like
At no point did I say I wanted to give up these players. In fact, I'm saying why the Flyers shouldn't give up these players.

You don't have to whine about the reasons why I value Simmonds and Couturier to the Flyers. Maybe you should post something with substance as to why you disagree.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:18 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaGottaBeLeaf View Post
Subban is without a doubt a great talent, but if he is truly "a top 5 DMAN in the league" then why couldn't he make the top 6 D for Team Canada in Sochi?
If you want to get technical about this. Babcock wanted to stick to his lefty righty pairings and I can't really blame him.

So there were really only 3 D men ahead of him for Team Canada.

So based on that it's possible he would still be a top 5 dman in the league.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
At no point did I say I wanted to give up these players. In fact, I'm saying why the Flyers shouldn't give up these players.

You don't have to whine about the reasons why I value Simmonds and Couturier to the Flyers. Maybe you should post something with substance as to why you disagree.
Of course they have value it doesn't change that Subban would absolutely make the flyers better

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Spearmint Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaGottaBeLeaf View Post
Where was Giroux playing in Sochi? See we can all play that game, means nada

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:28 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Schenn x2, Coburn, 2015 1st? Maaaybe.
when ur talking about subban thats a quantity for quality offer

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Zrhutch

From Dallas

Dillon
Ritchie
2 Firsts
$Texas
My Firstborn Child

Zrhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:35 PM
TT1

i dont understand why people expect to get our best player for players who will never have as big of an impact on a game like subban does. regardless of the amount of players you offer us

its just common sense, if u want our best player then you better offer up yours aswell

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Swarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Players like Subban don't get traded for a bunch of smaller parts, they get traded for players with similar value, and then one of the teams (or both teams) add a bit to even things out.

Maybe someone can do a comparison but when you look at a lot of the big trades over the past couple years you always see the big main components, and the rest is added in. Look at the St-Louis trade, Nash last year, JVR/Schenn last year, etc.
I like how you say that with a Thorton pic haha

Swarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbrubaker View Post
SJS would be smart to put out a near max offer sheet.
you mean a non-cap team like SJ? btw habs would match ANYTHING. promise

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Sham View Post
you mean a non-cap team like SJ? btw habs would match ANYTHING. promise
Um, we've gone to the cap plenty. But yes, Habs would probably match

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt91cloud9 View Post
This is what ill offer from the isles

P.K Subban

2014 1st Round Pick (5)
2014 2nd Round Pick (35)
Ryan Pulock
Frans Nielsen or Micheal Grabner
nope habs are not rebuilding and magic beans + pulock won't get it done

Old
05-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Um, we've gone to the cap plenty. But yes, Habs would probably match
not probably, they would match and molson would hopefully keep score and **** the sharks at a later date. hopefully for couture. Because unlike SJ, the habs actually make a ******** of money

Old
05-04-2014, 02:06 AM
ckvols2121
Rookie User

San Jose Sharks
Logan Couture & Jason Demers

for

Montreal
Rights to Subban (RFA) & Galchenyuk

ckvols2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 02:24 AM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

If Subban isn't quickly signed, he'll get a mammoth offer sheet. Bergevin got away with playing chicken once with this guy because he could. It's not going to work twice.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
He's not moving from Montreal. Fans there love him too much, and other teams aren't going to sell the farm for the potential headache.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 02:38 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Sham View Post
not probably, they would match and molson would hopefully keep score and **** the sharks at a later date. hopefully for couture. Because unlike SJ, the habs actually make a ******** of money
And the Habs can only spend a certain amount of that money on pay roll. This is a business. If Subban is offer sheeted and Montreal wants to take it personally they can, but it will cost them if they aren't smart about it.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckvols2121 View Post
San Jose Sharks
Logan Couture & Jason Demers

for

Montreal
Rights to Subban (RFA) & Galchenyuk
Has anyone ever seen a worse proposal than this on HFBoards ?

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Has anyone ever seen a worse proposal than this on HFBoards ?
Almost every proposal in the Oilers-Leafs threads. This proposal is terrible but I'm talking about 8th overall + 2 very good roster players for a 3rd overall pick lol...

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 03:01 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt91cloud9 View Post
This is what ill offer from the isles

P.K Subban

2014 1st Round Pick (5)
2014 2nd Round Pick (35)
Ryan Pulock
Frans Nielsen or Micheal Grabner
Tweak this a bit and this is probably around what PK would fetch in trade. 5th overall and Pulock is decent value, a lot of Hab fans don't like it but such is life.

I think Toronto and Edmonton would offer more but I'm not sure MB would be willing to trade PK to the Leafs.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote