HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Islanders brass blaming Hollweg for Simon assault

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2007, 10:53 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Islanders brass blaming Hollweg for Simon assault

Look at this quote by Ted Nolan

Brendan Witt got sucker punched by Donald Brashear

Quote:
Nolan was equally put off by such a light penalty. "I thought it should have been a five-minute major," he said. Making an obvious reference to Hollweg, Nolan added, "The only saving grace is that hit a real tough guy who didn't whine and complain and lay there like he was dead."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

Tonight on Satellite Hotstove,Pierre LeBrun of the CP said the Islanders are blaming Hollweg for the entire incident.Somehow Chris Simon was concussed on Hollweg's check and that Simon wasn't aware of what he was doing when he attempted to rip Hollweg's head off.Simon seemed to be fine enough to answer the media's questions right after the game

Really what should you expect from a guy like Nolan who for some reason couldn't land another job in the NHL for nearly 10 years when other coaches were getting second and third chances and from Garth Snow who made a mockery of the NHL with his over sized shoulder pads.They looked like shingles

Snow is on the left

Very classy comments by Nolan

Old
03-10-2007, 10:57 PM
dok101

The Rangers organization would say and do no different if they were in the Islanders position. Neither would any other organization. Sorry.

Old
03-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
A) This will be taken way out of context. Yes, it was a shot at Hollweg. But he did not BLAME Hollweg for the incident.

B) The point of poknig fun at Garth Snow is....

C) The Islanders are not blaming HOllweg for anything. Simon wrote a whole apology on the Isles site, PR are not, blamed himself completely for the incident.

This thread is ridiculous.

Last edited by Isles4ever11: 03-10-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old
03-10-2007, 10:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Hmm I have a concussion so I'm going to take a baseball swing at Hollweg's head..yeah that makes soooo much sense. If he was concussed that badly he wouldn't have been able to get up, get his barings, and then actually make contact with Hollwegs face.

Classy move Islanders...real classy...

Old
03-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok101 View Post
The Rangers organization would say and do no different if they were in the Islanders position. Neither would any other organization. Sorry.
You must be joking.

Wow, and I thought Nolan had class. I guess I was wrong. Utter disgrace. I have nothing more to say on this, I think the Islander Brass has made itself look bad enough.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:04 PM
nyscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Hmm I have a concussion so I'm going to take a baseball swing at Hollweg's head..yeah that makes soooo much sense. If he was concussed that badly he wouldn't have been able to get up, get his barings, and then actually make contact with Hollwegs face.

Classy move Islanders...real classy...
I'm so glad we've all got UAGoalieGuy MD in the forum to show us the impossibility of Simon being concussed!

Old
03-10-2007, 11:09 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
I'm so glad we've all got UAGoalieGuy MD in the forum to show us the impossibility of Simon being concussed!
Wow that was a good one. Hope you didn't take that long to think it up. I've had my share of concussions while playing hockey and I'll tell you I've never had the urge to swing my stick at the player that hit me. Please saying that he was "concussed" as the reason for why he did what he did is ridiculous. He snapped, be man enough and say it and don't have your organization try to pawn off this concussion excuse so he doesn't get suspended as long as he should be. It is not a mitigating factor.

I can see your next response, "I'm so glad we've all got UAGoalieGuy, Esquire here..."

Old
03-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
Please saying that he was "concussed" as the reason for why he did what he did is ridiculous.
They didn't, and he didn't.

Whatever some radio guys said about the Islanders in this is complete ********. When the organization/Simon posts an apology on their website, it is a sign of guilt and admittance of doing something wrong.

Again, this topic is ridiculous, and I don't even get where the shot at Snow came from and why. Whatever.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:14 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
They didn't, and he didn't.

Whatever some radio guys said about the Islanders in this is complete ********. When the organization/Simon posts an apology on their website, it is a sign of guilt and admittance of doing something wrong.

Again, this topic is ridiculous, and I don't even get where the shot at Snow came from and why. Whatever.
I didn't take a shot at Snow, but those shoulder pads are HUGE lol. Makes Hextal (sp) look like hes not even wearing anything lol.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:16 PM
dok101

Quote:
I didn't take a shot at Snow, but those shoulder pads are HUGE lol. Makes Hextal (sp) look like hes not even wearing anything lol.
Come on, bud. How else was he going to stop the puck.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
I know you didn't, just wondering why RangerBoy did. Pretty uncalled for, if you ask me.

And yeah, those shoulder pads are huge.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Come on, bud. How else was he going to stop the puck.
lol isn't he like 6'4" to start? The shoulder pads keep him at 6'4" even when he goes down haha

Old
03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
FLYLine24*

Keep it clean guys. This will stay open as long as you make it.

Nolan should see how it feels to take a baseball swing to the face by a hockey stick and see if he gets up in 2 minutes. Hell if that was me..i'd be down for the count.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

flyline i thought you are a mod andnot supposedto saystuff like that? and it wasnt a baseball swing becase if it was he would have been dead.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
flyline i thought you are a mod andnot supposedto saystuff like that? and it wasnt a baseball swing becase if it was he would have been dead.
check swing? lol

Old
03-10-2007, 11:23 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
check swing? lol
yeah

Old
03-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Keep it clean guys. This will stay open as long as you make it.

Nolan should see how it feels to take a baseball swing to the face by a hockey stick and see if he gets up in 2 minutes. Hell if that was me..i'd be down for the count.
The comment is a clear shot at Hollweg, but I like it If Avery and others can dish it out, why can't Nolan. It adds more to the rivalry.

Nolan knows it was wrong. But he's not about to turn away his boy. (they've known each other for 20 years)

Hell, if Renney said that, I'd say the same thing.

I do, however, fail to see how the Islanders are blaming Hollweg for the incident.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:24 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
I am still allowed to state my opinion on the board. I'm just stating my opinion on Nolan for him stating the opinion that Hollweg played dead after take the stick to the face.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:25 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
The comment is a clear shot at Hollweg, but I like it If Avery and others can dish it out, why can't Nolan. It adds more to the rivalry.
Avery is not a head coach.

Old
03-10-2007, 11:36 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
A) This will be taken way out of context. Yes, it was a shot at Hollweg. But he did not BLAME Hollweg for the incident.

B) The point of poknig fun at Garth Snow is....

C) The Islanders are not blaming HOllweg for anything. Simon wrote a whole apology on the Isles site, PR are not, blamed himself completely for the incident.

This thread is ridiculous.
Watch this and listen carefully to LeBrun's comments

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...-hotstove.html

"The Islanders brought up Hollweg's reputation of questionable hits as a reason for Simon's actions"

Nolan is accusing Hollweg of faking his injury.Disrespecting the game.Do you think Hollweg faked his injury by laying on the ice or has whined to the media?Ted has to watch his mouth

Regarding Snow.He made a mockery of the NHL.His pads were a joke.Hollweg hasn't made a mockery of the NHL by laying dead on the ice after taking a baseball swing with a stick to the face.Snow is making the Islanders case to Campbell

Old
03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

"The Islanders brought up Hollweg's reputation of questionable hits as a reason for Simon's actions"
That's not at all what he said. He said the Islanders have brought up the fact that Hollweg is known for his physicality, which could cause Simon to get pissed, with LeBrun then giving his opinion about the questionable hits.

Then he said the Islanders don't condone nor defend Simon.

So where you came up with that, I have NO idea.

Quote:
Nolan is accusing Hollweg of faking his injury.Disrespecting the game.Do you think Hollweg faked his injury by laying on the ice or has whined to the media?Ted has to watch his mouth
Or what? The Rangers are going to get pissed and throw some hits at the Islanders? Maybe take a stupid penalty?

I'm sure the Rangers are going to put in some sort of legal retaliation to Smyth/Blake/Hunter etc.

If it adds to the rivalry, I'm all for it. Much more fun when both teams are competitive, no?

Quote:
Regarding Snow.He made a mockery of the NHL.His pads were a joke.Hollweg hasn't made a mockery of the NHL by laying dead on the ice after taking a baseball swing with a stick to the face.Snow is making the Islanders case to Campbell
I don't think this deserves a response.

Obviously, Snow is going to make a case for his player. Everyone knows it was wrong. No one is condoning it. And NO ONE is blaming Hollweg.

Sather would defend his player in the same situation, rightfully so.

Last edited by Isles4ever11: 03-11-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old
03-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I see no blaming of anyone.

Old
03-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Lost Kangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

I think if I were going to spin something I heard into something so far from what was really said, I most likely wouldnt follow it up by posting a link to what was actually said. I am of the oppinion that you are really reaching here.

Old
03-11-2007, 12:10 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Ryan Hollweg must have gone to one of the WWF wrestling camps where wrestlers learn how to properly take a chair to the head without getting hurt

It's almost like Nolan is saying if Hollweg had gotten up right up after taking Simon's stick to his face then Simon wouldn't be facing a lengthy ban

Old
03-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Pizza

Quote:
WOW....Just wow. Totally, incredibly, even hilariously PATHETIC! Nassau is an organization with mud for a foundation. Always nice to get a reminder of how cool I was not to have converted along with all those band wagoners when I was a kid. To be an Islander fan right now is to be embarrassed.....you would hope, but nah, probably not

Closed Thread