HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Seth Jones for Offence

Old
05-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Connor McSaviour
#FreeGaza

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL615 View Post
No. Just like Weber, if Hall or RNH are not coming back don't waste your minutes
Crazy talk. You want one of the most dangerous offensive players in the league at 23 years old for last years 4th overall pick? No way. RNH is fair value but then we just open up a bigger hole in the lineup. Eberle or Yak are the ones i'd be willing to part with in a Jones deal. To be completely honest I personally wouldn't really be comfortable giving up any major assets for Jones. Not saying he's not worth them, but we have a lot of young defenceman, we need some veteran D more then anything.

Connor McSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Ace88*

vCash: 500
Jones for JVR straight across?

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:24 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Crazy talk. You want one of the most dangerous offensive players in the league at 23 years old for last years 4th overall pick? No way. RNH is fair value but then we just open up a bigger hole in the lineup. Eberle or Yak are the ones i'd be willing to part with in a Jones deal. To be completely honest I personally wouldn't really be comfortable giving up any major assets for Jones. Not saying he's not worth them, but we have a lot of young defenceman, we need some veteran D more then anything.
Fair enough, but it should be noted that Jones was the consensus BPA until a month or so before the draft. I wouldn't do Jones for Yak at all. Eberle would get me thinking. I'm still of the opinion we need to hold off on trading anyone for offense until we see how some new blood behind the bench handles that part of the game.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResilientBeast View Post
Spezza is too old
He's 30.
Seems to me nashville is looking for a veteran impact center.
With a 5 or 6 year deal Spezza is a perfect fit.

Unless im mistaken the idea is to maximize their current roster, at the center position.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:20 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Edmonton, likely the team most in need of a star defenseman, would only offer Yakupov?

Wat.
Hall/RNH are needed more than jones.

None of our other forwards players are in the same value range of Jones....What did you expect?

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Filip Forceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidLine93 View Post
Hall/RNH are needed more than jones.

None of our other forwards players are in the same value range of Jones....What did you expect?
I expected at least Eberle. Yakupov for Jones is terrible.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Moosetache

Send a message via AIM to Moosetache Send a message via Yahoo to Moosetache
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
What 18-23 forward is available and has similar value to Jones? It's gonna be pretty hard to make a deal.
Skinner for Jones....

Moosetache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 01:40 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
oh lol. I think theres more value in Yak than in Eberle so I didn't think of throwing Ebs in there. I just feel Ebs has peaked and doesn't drive an offense like the other 3 can when they are hot. Which centers would you be willing to throw in if the offer was

Eberle + 3rd Overall for Jones + (bigger bodied center to get rid of Gagner)

this is assuming Ekblad was already drafted in the first 2 picks so you have a choice of either Reinhart or Bennet with the 3rd pick.

KidLine93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 09:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan LaRosie View Post
Skinner for Jones....
I'd prefer Eric Staal :-), how can we make that work?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Moosetache

Send a message via AIM to Moosetache Send a message via Yahoo to Moosetache
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I'd prefer Eric Staal :-), how can we make that work?
I'd prefer you take Eric Staal too...include a center of some kind who could remotely replace him and we can find common ground I am sure.

Staal
?

Jones
Smith

Last edited by Moosetache: 05-05-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Moosetache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
namttebih

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I would hope that's not the case. I would hope that Poile understands that Rads is just flaky and not all Russians would run back to the KHL.
It's not that all Russian players will, the chances are just exponentially higher when drafting one. It's just risk management.

namttebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

Nichushkin + not Benn or Seguin

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:48 AM
OmniCube

One thing that's impressive in this thread is that it's not chock-full of posters offering complete garbage...there are some legit offers here.

I didn't think there was ever any give-and-take on this board.

OmniCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Gilligans Island

I'd probably do Couture for Jones as well.

Why would the Preds even consider moving Jones? If they want a young top forward, wouldn't Josi be the one to trade?

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM
startainfection*

what would you want from the isles?

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Avec Fromage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCube View Post
One thing that's impressive in this thread is that it's not chock-full of posters offering complete garbage...there are some legit offers here.

I didn't think there was ever any give-and-take on this board.
It's because Jones is a shiny new toy and was hot at the start of the season.

Avec Fromage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Valuewise, I think Yak is worth more than Eberle, lol. Way more upside, harder worker. Yak is more the kind of guy who you can build a team around. Plus from our perspective, Eberle's chemistry with Hall and Nuge is pretty good, so we'd prefer to move Yak I think. If his name was Neil Smith instead of Nail Yakupov, I'm sure most Nashville fans would rather have Yak as well.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 12:15 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
Evander Kane for Seth Jones ?

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post

Why would the Preds even consider moving Jones? If they want a young top forward, wouldn't Josi be the one to trade?
This. Josi makes more sense. Jones will be hitting his top pairing prime when weber starts to decline. Think you should build around jones. (You kinda hit the lottery when he fell to you). Josi would bring you a good return.

Heck , you want a high end RHD or power forward right? What about burns (signed for 3 more years) for Josi? Is burns enough of a return ?

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Filip Forceberg

Quote:

I certainly don't want to trade Jones. I don't think you'll find many Nashville fans that do.

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:22 PM
TOGuy14

Well according to the polls section with Kessel for Jones + 11th the summary seems to be "Kessel is overrated trash" and Jones is a "futre multiple Norris winner" so I think the only thing Nashville fans would consider an upgrade at this point would be Malkin / Stamkos / Crosby lol.

So much overrating of Jones so far.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

Well Josi is better than Jones so I think it makes sense to keep the better player. Plus, as it stands right now, our right side is stronger than the left. Sure, Jones may one day surpass Josi, but is it worth taking that risk?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:39 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Valuewise, I think Yak is worth more than Eberle, lol. Way more upside, harder worker. Yak is more the kind of guy who you can build a team around. Plus from our perspective, Eberle's chemistry with Hall and Nuge is pretty good, so we'd prefer to move Yak I think. If his name was Neil Smith instead of Nail Yakupov, I'm sure most Nashville fans would rather have Yak as well.
His name has nothing to do with it as far as I am concerned, though the Russian factor is certainly over blown by a lot of Preds fans still mad about Radulov. For me the biggest concern with Yakupov is will he actually pan out? I think Jones has a very good shot at reaching his potential. I'm not quite as sold on Yak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Well according to the polls section with Kessel for Jones + 11th the summary seems to be "Kessel is overrated trash" and Jones is a "futre multiple Norris winner" so I think the only thing Nashville fans would consider an upgrade at this point would be Malkin / Stamkos / Crosby lol.

So much overrating of Jones so far.
The last time I was in that thread there were over thirty votes for the "Nashville fans" options, and only five or six were actually Nashville fans. Don't put that on us. No one has ever said it would take one of those three. In fact, several of the offers in here have been good ones.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 02:16 PM
ShortSideFlick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghtti View Post
less goals than last year, only 3 more points for someone who is another year older playing in the same league and needing to go on a 3 ppg pace to reach where he was last year kinda makes me think Gagner 8 point game type stuff
I didn't see much of drouin this year, but keep in mind he did that while losing his line mate and arguably the best player in the whole CHL in Mackinnon. Maintaining his point totals in that scenario probably does indicate improvement and shows he wasn't just a beneficiary of playing with the #1 draft pick and likely calder winner. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Drouin was playing centre this year (someone correct me if this is wrong), so showing he can excel in a more valuable position should increase his value a bit too right?

ShortSideFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Well Josi is better than Jones so I think it makes sense to keep the better player. Plus, as it stands right now, our right side is stronger than the left. Sure, Jones may one day surpass Josi, but is it worth taking that risk?
I just thought that Jones was considered a franchise dman. You have one in Weber and it would seem with their age difference, the Preds could have 2 franchise dmen for a long time.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote