HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lost in the Chaos - Dubinsky!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2007, 02:48 PM
  #51
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Over 10 minutes of ice time today
11:50 to be exact

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 02:52 PM
  #52
NYROrtsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
He's gotten some nice ice time with reasonable linemates, but at this point isn't showing enough to really keep him around when guys start coming back. In terms of growth as a player, there is a lot to like with his skillset.

This will be a good experience for him though.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 03:25 PM
  #53
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,420
vCash: 500
You can tell he is not ready for a permanent role in the NHL, but I think showing him what to expect in the NHL and giving him decent ice is very good for his development.

You can see the skill, but he's definitely got a bit of developing to do in the minors.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
  #54
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
You can tell he is not ready for a permanent role in the NHL, but I think showing him what to expect in the NHL and giving him decent ice is very good for his development.

You can see the skill, but he's definitely got a bit of developing to do in the minors.
Valuable experience for him. He's got the jitters out of the way. Now he has a point of reference. He knows what he has to work on, what works at this level, what doesn't. He's been fairly good on draws. Needs more seasoning. Having seen him now at this level I'm more inclined believe the "not ready" yet talk you heard from the organization. The kid can play though. Not bad for a 20 year old. I would like to see Korpedo given a cup of coffee and let Straka take a blow. I admire Marty's playing through the injury, but he's a shell of his normal self. Korps could add some speed, grit and energy and at this time of the year with games piling up one after the other, younger legs could be worth some points.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 04:14 PM
  #55
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Valuable experience for him. He's got the jitters out of the way. Now he has a point of reference. He knows what he has to work on, what works at this level, what doesn't. He's been fairly good on draws. Needs more seasoning. Having seen him now at this level I'm more inclined believe the "not ready" yet talk you heard from the organization. The kid can play though. Not bad for a 20 year old. I would like to see Korpedo given a cup of coffee and let Straka take a blow. I admire Marty's playing through the injury, but he's a shell of his normal self. Korps could add some speed, grit and energy and at this time of the year with games piling up one after the other, younger legs could be worth some points.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Korpi getting a taste of the bigs before the AHL playoffs began.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 04:27 PM
  #56
dank
Registered User
 
dank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Valuable experience for him. He's got the jitters out of the way. Now he has a point of reference. He knows what he has to work on, what works at this level, what doesn't. He's been fairly good on draws. Needs more seasoning. Having seen him now at this level I'm more inclined believe the "not ready" yet talk you heard from the organization.
definitely agree with you on the "point of reference" statement.. he now knows what getting 11:50 of NHL ice time is, started him slow, no controversy, and they just played him in the games.

for Renney..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:11 PM
  #57
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
definitely agree with you on the "point of reference" statement.. he now knows what getting 11:50 of NHL ice time is, started him slow, no controversy, and they just played him in the games.

for Renney..
yea i agree, but why bench a kid for making a mistake like against the Penguins when Dubinsky took a penalty. If any of Betts, Hossa, Isbister, Cullen took the penalty they would continue to get ice time. I know it was a tied game but benching a young kid is not gonna help his confidence.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
  #58
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Yeah but Renney will always bench a rookie if he makes a mistake, that's what coaches do. These games late in the season are like playoff games with the Rangers battling for their playoff lives and all, Renney can't bench a key veteran like Cullen or Nylander. The only coach I can remember benching veterans is Keenan, who was so crazy that he benched Conn Smythe Winner Brian Leetch for a span in a playoff game against the Devils or Canucks the year they won the Cup!

The pressure is high and Renney is going to rely on the experienced veterans. It's really a baptism by fire for Dubinsky, but Renney is controlling his ice time properly. Like people have said before, it's a good reference point for Brandon. Just a taste of the big leagues (and very intense hockey at this time of year!) for him to take back to Hartford.

Especially with all the injuries, the Rangers are depleted enough. They have fringe vets playing key roles like Isbister. The last thing Renney wants to have to do is play a rookie like Dubinsky too much.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
  #59
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
Seems like the coach may be gaining a little confidence in him.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:43 PM
  #60
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
He was benched...

because the Rangers are in the middle of a playoff run and every point counts. This is a very tough time to bring up a kid, especially one who may not be ready. Nice to see him get time, but mistakes can really hurt this kid as a mistake at this point may mean the Rangers miss the playoffs. It's nice to see him get a chance, but honestly, it should be Immonen out there. Dubinsky's the future of the Rangers and Immonen's not; and Immonen's plenty capable of being a contributor in that role, and is better defensively. Nothing against Dubi, but it's really a tough time to throw a kid in.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:09 PM
  #61
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
because the Rangers are in the middle of a playoff run and every point counts. This is a very tough time to bring up a kid, especially one who may not be ready. Nice to see him get time, but mistakes can really hurt this kid as a mistake at this point may mean the Rangers miss the playoffs. It's nice to see him get a chance, but honestly, it should be Immonen out there. Dubinsky's the future of the Rangers and Immonen's not; and Immonen's plenty capable of being a contributor in that role, and is better defensively. Nothing against Dubi, but it's really a tough time to throw a kid in.

then why not play Immonen if Dubinsky is not ready. We all know how rushing a kid will help down the line lol. Im glad they got a look at Dubinsky, and he did not look bad for a rookie but he is still not ready. Next year he should make the team. At least with Immonen the Rangers know what they get. Immonen has put up pts when he played here. Is Immonen's skating that bad, that he cant play at the NHL at full time, no matter how many pts he get when he plays?

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
  #62
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,037
vCash: 500
Good article at BSB. Check it out:

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

Dubi's starting to look like a player.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.