HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting stat I just noticed...

Old
03-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Interesting stat I just noticed...

Since Christmas Martin Brodeur has had only 2 games where he has given up 2 goals or less and the team hasnt won, and in BOTH of those games they picked up points, so you can say the Devils squandered only 2 points in that time period where Brodeur has been great.

During the exact same time period Henrik Lundqvist has had 8 games where he has given up 2 goals or less and the team hasnt won. (there was 1 game he gave up 1 goal in relief and took the loss, i dont count that one) In those games the Rangers have picked up 2 points as well. Meaning they squandered 14 points in the same time period. add 14 points to the Rangers record and you get a team sitting in 3rd place.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 03:37 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

I laughed out loud (in a good way) when I read this post. I was having this exact argument with some of my mates last night. Great post!!! But hey, look at Mr. Brightside: the Rangers do put on the prettiest passing exhibition with the man advantage

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastRangersFan View Post
I laughed out loud (in a good way) when I read this post. I was having this exact argument with some of my mates last night. Great post!!! But hey, look at Mr. Brightside: the Rangers do put on the prettiest passing exhibition with the man advantage
yeah, when i see them execute 17 consecutive tape to tape passes i think to myself. how come they cant execute just 1 quality shot on goal?!

Old
03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Madness

Here's another interesting stat

Since Christmas Lundqvist have played 31 games, in 29 of these games (not counting the game against philly (pulled out (injury)), and the game against the Sens (Weekes was pulled out, Lundqvist only played 20 min)), Lundqvist's SV% is 0.932, and his GAA is 1.82.

During this 29 game streak Lundqvist has allowed:

0 goal 2 times
1 goal 11 times
2 goals 6 times
3 goals 7 times
4 goals 2 times
5 goals 1 time

According to these stats (if the streak continues), the Rangers will get into the playoffs even if the scoring drought continues. Now if only they could score more than 2 goals a game....

Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness View Post
Since Christmas Lundqvist have played 31 games, in 29 of these games (not counting the game against philly (pulled out (injury)), and the game against the Sens (Weekes was pulled out, Lundqvist only played 20 min)), Lundqvist's SV% is 0.932, and his GAA is 1.82.

During this 29 game streak Lundqvist has allowed:

0 goal 2 times
1 goal 11 times
2 goals 6 times
3 goals 7 times
4 goals 2 times
5 goals 1 time

According to these stats (if the streak continues), the Rangers will get into the playoffs even if the scoring drought continues. Now if only they could score more than 2 goals a game....
Thats the thing, their record makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER when you compare it to the goaltending they are getting.

Not only should they be in the playoffs, but they should be fighting for the atlantic division title.

Old
03-11-2007, 05:01 PM
ruckus*

well I think I saw today that yesterday was their 8th loss after having a lead going to the third period. so that's 16 points right there if you can just hold a lead in the final period. Lundqvist has been stellar. And the weird thing is the defense has been A TON better than Rangers team in the past. But they still have that Rangers knack for a huge defensive zone turnover or making the wrong play at the wrong time. It's killed us all season.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote