HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Sens vs Blues (Tues, Feb 10th)

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2004, 06:45 AM
Spike

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Spike Send a message via MSN to Spike Send a message via Yahoo to Spike
GDT: Sens vs Blues (Tues, Feb 10th)

Game thoughts?

The Blues are struggling horribly. They seem to completely lack an offense aside from Tkachuk. Will the defense, whats left of it, show up for this game? Will the coach be around a few more games? Will Osgood start, or will Divis?

What will the Sens do? Will they FINALLY begin starting Prusek behind the team? Will the Sens play better in front of him? How about Hossa, will he play tonight? Will Spezza show up and score a goal?

scoring predictions? Likelyhood of a blowout??

5-1 Sens, if Prusek starts

Old
02-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

Lalime is getting the start. I don't have a problem with this given we have three games this week, but Prusek will most likely start again the Bruins Thursday, and if he out-performs Lalime, will probably get the next game.

Doesn't look like Weinrich will make the game, but the Blues have been struggling, so expect the allstar rest to give them a new zeal - much like the Sens.

I'll say 3-2 Sens, but I really have no idea.

Old
02-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Spezza

Happy for Lalime to get the start. He simply has to keep playing.

Old
02-10-2004, 10:04 AM
sensfan18

Lalime better play well, that is all I know.

Old
02-10-2004, 11:50 AM
degroat*

This is the first game in some time I actually have a good feeling about. Even though Weinrich will not be suiting up tonight, I think that the trade itself will significantly help the overall moral of the team because it was basically a message from Pleau telling them that they're going to go for it. Throughout the slump the players just didn't know what was going to happen to themselves or their coach and that kind of pressure can kill a team. So, that combined with the fact that the All-Star break should put an end to the snowball effect that the team was suffering from makes me think the Blues will have a very respectable showing tonight.

Old
02-10-2004, 12:42 PM
nessie

Send a message via AIM to nessie Send a message via MSN to nessie Send a message via Yahoo to nessie
I hope Lalime will play well tonight - he got three days rest and was out of the city, so he could clear his mind - everyone is healthy basically - Redden, Chara & Spezza will all be back in the lineup, as will Hossa, so look for Ottawa to come out strong to redeem themselves from their past three games

I think with this rest as well...Simpson will look just as good if not better than last time, he may not play as much seeing at the top two D are back but looking for him to make some big plays, get on guys nerves...

Old
02-10-2004, 01:24 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
Lalime better play well, that is all I know.

lol...pretty safe prediction!

edit: sorry, I can't read today. I misread it thinking that you predicted he'll play better tonight. My mistake.

But if anyone did say something to that effect it probably would be a safe bet that he'll play better than he did last Thurs. - can't get much worse....

Last edited by HF2002: 02-10-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old
02-10-2004, 02:45 PM
The Hamburglar

Tkachuk Tsucks

Old
02-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
What´s the injury situation? Only Hossa out? What about Spezza, Bonk, Havlat and Redden?

Old
02-10-2004, 03:18 PM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
Tkachuk Tsucks but I'd love to have him on my team.
Fixed.

Old
02-10-2004, 03:27 PM
south-sentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka
What´s the injury situation? Only Hossa out? What about Spezza, Bonk, Havlat and Redden?
It looks like only Spezza is questionable..but Chara hossa and redden are back in.

Old
02-10-2004, 03:30 PM
nessie

Send a message via AIM to nessie Send a message via MSN to nessie Send a message via Yahoo to nessie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka
I think the only one who isn't 100% definate is that of Spezza, but he said yesterday it was feeling alright, he pushed it hard so he would see after the skate today whether he should play tonight, but I think he will.

Redden is healthy, as is Chara, Hossa seems to be fine, he said he felt fine yesterday, he knew the cut was just above his eye, so he's playing

No knowledge to me of injuries or illness to Bonk or Havlat - but I think even Vermette is feeling better, so perhaps we'll see him tonight as well?

Old
02-10-2004, 03:47 PM
The Hamburglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Fixed.
Can't argue with that

Old
02-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Thanks for the injury-reports.

Old
02-10-2004, 06:14 PM
trentmccleary

Based on how Lalime and Osgood have done for my hockey pool in the past couple of weeks... in which I dropped from 1st to 6th

I predict an 18-17 game, although I couldn't tell you who's going to score 18 tonight. Hopefully the Sens.

Old
02-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Safir*

They score!

1-0 Sens

Old
02-10-2004, 07:05 PM
nessie

Update that score to 2-0

Hossa had a beauty of a goal - man St Louis is REALLY slumping!

Old
02-10-2004, 07:25 PM
degroat*

Well. There goes that good feeling I had. Osgood has been completely hung out to dry. ::exhales::

Old
02-11-2004, 08:02 AM
o-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
Well. There goes that good feeling I had. Osgood has been completely hung out to dry. ::exhales::
I was hoping for a good game as well but the Blues were flat...almost lifeless. They looked as if they'd been on a 20 game road trip. They're hurting bad right now and desperately need to get some of their guys back.

When I heard some people commenting that the Blues were in danger of missing the playoffs, I dismissed it as being a slump and nothing more. But after watching them last night, if they don't get it together soon, that could very well happen. If they're healthy, they're one of the elite teams in the NHL.

Is MacInnis officially done for the year or is it one of those "nobody knows" situations?

Old
02-11-2004, 11:57 AM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedog
I was hoping for a good game as well but the Blues were flat...almost lifeless. They looked as if they'd been on a 20 game road trip. They're hurting bad right now and desperately need to get some of their guys back.

When I heard some people commenting that the Blues were in danger of missing the playoffs, I dismissed it as being a slump and nothing more. But after watching them last night, if they don't get it together soon, that could very well happen. If they're healthy, they're one of the elite teams in the NHL.

Is MacInnis officially done for the year or is it one of those "nobody knows" situations?
No disrespect to the Blues fans, but that effort by St. Louis looked like the proverbial "Coach Killer" game by the players.

Way, way to indifferent to be anything less than a team full of players that just don't want to put the effort in to give the coach a chance to save his job.

Closed Thread