HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | March 11th | Canes @ Rangers | RANGERS WIN 2-1 SO

Old
03-11-2007, 06:05 PM
dank

vCash: 500
btw, Lundqvist's GAA from Jan 11: 1.708

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:10 PM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

Good game today. Must say I was entertained by your fans' chants and the standing ovation they gave the shot on net. Don't want to completely give up on my 'Canes, but with Ward out I think you've wrapped up the #8 spot. Good luck.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
Good game today. Must say I was entertained by your fans' chants and the standing ovation they gave the shot on net. Don't want to completely give up on my 'Canes, but with Ward out I think you've wrapped up the #8 spot. Good luck.
Way to early to say that. Plus there are 4 other teams within striking distance. This is still far far from over, and it wouldn't surprise me if it came down to the last day before it was decided.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
Grahame played well today man, hope isnt lost, not for the Defending Champs.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:19 PM
In The Flesh

Was dubinsky in the lineup, I didn't see him at all.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Balej20*

Straka YouTube...We need it.

Old
03-11-2007, 06:22 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Was dubinsky in the lineup, I didn't see him at all.
He played almost 12 minutes today.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:34 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
This was a good game. For one, my seats were awesome - section 314. A whole spread-out view of the arena and everything. Not bad considering I got them about three weeks ago from the MSG box office.

The whole Marek Malik thing is hilarious. He makes an awful turnover that nearly leads to a goal..and then he SCORES a very nice goal and all of a sudden the boos turn into cheers (although I heard a few boos even after it was announced). And if that wasn't enough, he must have taken at least 3 other shots after that. He's a machine

Lundqvist was awesome again. He's never going to get the recognition and I am not suggesting he's better than Luongo and Brodeur..but he had better at least get some recognition for Vezina especially if the Rangers make the playoffs.

I had never seen a shootout in person before the March 1 Penguins game...now my last 3 games have all been shootouts, lol. Jagr now has all the confidence in the world in these things it seems and I hope it keeps up.

To the Canes..good game. You guys have a really aggressive penalty kill and hopefully the Ward injury wasn't serious. When he first left, I figured it was an equipment problem but he never came back. Grahame was excellent in relief though.

The crowd was really into the game today which was good to see. For some reason, the blueseats seemed extra loud today. I was in the 300s and I could still hear them..but it was a great atmosphere. The "SHOOT THE PUCK" chants were awesome, as was the sarcastic cheer...and as disrespectful as this probably is, hearing someone yell "SIMON SUCKS!" during the national anthem was hilarious.

Good win, good day and lets keep it up!

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:42 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
This was a good game. For one, my seats were awesome - section 314. A whole spread-out view of the arena and everything. Not bad considering I got them about three weeks ago from the MSG box office.

The whole Marek Malik thing is hilarious. He makes an awful turnover that nearly leads to a goal..and then he SCORES a very nice goal and all of a sudden the boos turn into cheers (although I heard a few boos even after it was announced). And if that wasn't enough, he must have taken at least 3 other shots after that. He's a machine

Lundqvist was awesome again. He's never going to get the recognition and I am not suggesting he's better than Luongo and Brodeur..but he had better at least get some recognition for Vezina especially if the Rangers make the playoffs.

I had never seen a shootout in person before the March 1 Penguins game...now my last 3 games have all been shootouts, lol. Jagr now has all the confidence in the world in these things it seems and I hope it keeps up.

To the Canes..good game. You guys have a really aggressive penalty kill and hopefully the Ward injury wasn't serious. When he first left, I figured it was an equipment problem but he never came back. Grahame was excellent in relief though.

The crowd was really into the game today which was good to see. For some reason, the blueseats seemed extra loud today. I was in the 300s and I could still hear them..but it was a great atmosphere. The "SHOOT THE PUCK" chants were awesome, as was the sarcastic cheer...and as disrespectful as this probably is, hearing someone yell "SIMON SUCKS!" during the national anthem was hilarious.

Good win, good day and lets keep it up!

good stuff, thats the Garden crowd for ya.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Ward Out For The Season?

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/552373.html

Ouch. I feel for the Cane fans. I really do.

03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

Has Rachunek earned a contract for next season?

I'd have to say yes at this point.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:00 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Ward Out For The Season?

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/552373.html

Ouch. I feel for the Cane fans. I really do.
funny, nhl.com quotes Cam Ward saying it was nothing serious

Quote:
Ward appeared to be cut by the skate of Rangers forward Brad Isbister. The MVP of last year's playoffs took stitches on the knee after stopping 12 of 13 shots, but said the injury isn't serious.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:02 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
btw, Lundqvist's GAA from Jan 11: 1.708

and concerning Rachunek... lock him up IMO and see how he reacts

Last edited by DontStaal: 03-11-2007 at 08:25 PM.
DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:10 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
The problem with all these games going to OT (4 out of the last 6 I think?) is that a lot of these games are against teams that we are chasing or barely leading for a playoff spot. So even if the Rangers win in OT, the teams we beat are still getting a point. The race is so close at the bottom of the Eastern Conference this year that it's a huge advantage to win in regulation so that you eliminate any chance of the other team getting a point. So even when the Rangers do win, little separation is created in the standings because teams like the Hurricanes and Islanders are still receiving a point.

But with all the injuries the Rangers have suffered, I guess I should be happy they are even in these games, let alone winning them in overtime.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:28 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I haven't had time to read the whole thread (just back from the Wild game) but after a quick glance, I'd offer two two observations...I was never as down on Rachunek as everyone else but I am not as high as the board seems to have gotten recently. He was out of position on the Carolina goal today. He has skill and some grit and seems to be well paired with Mara but I don't think he is a lock for next year unless he is a lock in the sense that he is an asset who could win a job or be moved. Second thought, what do you expect Ray Ferraro to say? He was bitter when the Rangers traded him away in 1996 and has stayed bitter for 10 years. I had a chance to speak personally with him about the Rangers and I was shocked at his venom -- especially considering he didn't know me from a hole in the ground.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:42 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Second thought, what do you expect Ray Ferraro to say? He was bitter when the Rangers traded him away in 1996 and has stayed bitter for 10 years. I had a chance to speak personally with him about the Rangers and I was shocked at his venom -- especially considering he didn't know me from a hole in the ground.
Ha ha, I was going to write the same thing. Ferraro was pissed that he was traded to a rebuilding LA team.

Yet a few years later he signed with Atlanta.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Block More Shots

I saw Larry at one of the shirt stands today in MSG. The guy working at one of them shook his hand and said, "What, no dancing today?"

I got a kick out of it

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Good game guys!

Its amazing how without Shanahan, Tyutin, Hossa, and a banged up Jagr, Straka, Mara we can do so well.

I have really high expectations.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
Good game guys!

Its amazing how without Shanahan, Tyutin, Hossa, and a banged up Jagr, Straka, Mara we can do so well.

I have really high expectations.
CUP OR DIE!

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
The problem with all these games going to OT (4 out of the last 6 I think?) is that a lot of these games are against teams that we are chasing or barely leading for a playoff spot. So even if the Rangers win in OT, the teams we beat are still getting a point. The race is so close at the bottom of the Eastern Conference this year that it's a huge advantage to win in regulation so that you eliminate any chance of the other team getting a point. So even when the Rangers do win, little separation is created in the standings because teams like the Hurricanes and Islanders are still receiving a point.

But with all the injuries the Rangers have suffered, I guess I should be happy they are even in these games, let alone winning them in overtime.
The key is that we're getting points in every game. Yes, ideally we'd win in regulation, especially in games against the teams we're fighting against for the 8th spot. But, the key is to get points. Even OT losses are hugely superior to regulation losses...so honestly I don't care if we win every game in OT the rest of the way. We'd still be in...and that's all that matters.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:57 PM
dank

straka... youtube...

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
straka... youtube...
Now, please.

Old
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
straka... youtube...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Now, please.
You guys are sumthin else. Youtube is a little slow processing tonight, but here is the shootout (beginning with Cullen) including the Straka fall and the Graeme stick launch. The video should be ready within the hour.

03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
You guys are sumthin else. Youtube is a little slow processing tonight, but here is the shootout (beginning with Cullen) including the Straka fall and the Graeme stick launch. The video should be ready within the hour.
you da man!!
thanks a bunch for it, cant wait to see it again.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post