HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens/Blue Jackets Exchange Minor Leaguers

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2004, 04:01 PM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
Pens/Blue Jackets Exchange Minor Leaguers

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/te...arts/624.0.php

Any insight on Levokari? Probably just a minor league swap to get someone different to WBS (our farm team).

Old
02-10-2004, 04:03 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing

Any insight on Levokari? Probably just a minor league swap to get someone different to WBS (our farm team).
he's tall.

Old
02-10-2004, 04:05 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

I'd love to help you, but I couldn't tell you anything that wasn't on a stat sheet, myself. You would probably be better off asking in our "Crunch" thread.

Old
02-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:

From what Ive read, hes nothing more then a tall pylon.

Old
02-10-2004, 04:26 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
yea I just saw that... I dont know much about Muckley.. any info?

Old
02-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Count the Cash
Goalie Depth

I wonder why a deal like this is made. Don't know if it will really benefit either farm team's bluelines. Sounds like we're just swapping minor-league caliber d-men.

Maybe both teams hoping that somehow a change of scenery will improve their play? dunno.

Old
02-10-2004, 04:52 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count the Cash
I wonder why a deal like this is made. Don't know if it will really benefit either farm team's bluelines. Sounds like we're just swapping minor-league caliber d-men.

Maybe both teams hoping that somehow a change of scenery will improve their play? dunno.
Seems as though a trade was made for the sake of making a trade. From a Penguins' fan POV, WBS in a pretty bad slump right now and perhaps this deal is a means of giving the guys a bit of a shake up.

Buckley's a sound minor league defensman, apparantley a great guy to have in the locker room and always sticks up for his team mates on the ice. What Syracuse is getting is a good leader and a good 'team first' kind of guy.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Syracuse Crunch fan

Quote:

Levokari was sitting in the stands for the last bunch of games, only playing when someone got hurt or called up. As others said, his defining characteristic is his size, but he wasn't very effective at crease clearing or hitting. I know very little about Buckley, but can offer a report after this weekends games. With AJ gone and Traynor hurt, I imagine he'll be on the ice.

Old
02-11-2004, 08:48 AM
meepen

I think that it would also be relevant that Syracuse could use some 'veteran' presence on the back line. Levokari has some interesting potential but has not yet played up to it or his size. Buckley has, what?, 200+ plus AHL games to Levokari being a NA pro rookie. Count the Cash is probably right with hope for change of scenery effect.
I suspect that CBJ/Syr win this one in the short term by getting a solid if unspectacular performer and good team guy vs Pauli's size and potential. Hope it works out well for both.

Old
02-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Syracuse Crunch fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepen
I think that it would also be relevant that Syracuse could use some 'veteran' presence on the back line. Levokari has some interesting potential but has not yet played up to it or his size. Buckley has, what?, 200+ plus AHL games to Levokari being a NA pro rookie. Count the Cash is probably right with hope for change of scenery effect.
I suspect that CBJ/Syr win this one in the short term by getting a solid if unspectacular performer and good team guy vs Pauli's size and potential. Hope it works out well for both.
It may be interesting with his addition though with the AHL veteran rule. I think this puts the Crunch above the limit again, which means a vet has to sit. (They can sit Walser if they want to ask my opinion)

Closed Thread