HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we can do this

Old
03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
If we can do this

Make the playoffs and have a well rested Shanahan, Tyutin, Hossa, The kids playing well and Hank hot I think we can make a major league run.
The Devils have owned us lately but 1 goal games can go either way and with rested goal scorers who knows?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Make the playoffs and have a well rested Shanahan, Tyutin, Hossa, The kids playing well and Hank hot I think we can make a major league run.
The Devils have owned us lately but 1 goal games can go either way and with rested goal scorers who knows?
I agree. If this team gets hot in the playoffs, they could do some SERIOUS damage. We've gone toe to toe with the top teams in the league a number of times and I would think they could step it up another notch this year if we manage to get everyone healthy.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
I agree. If this team gets hot in the playoffs, they could do some SERIOUS damage. We've gone toe to toe with the top teams in the league a number of times and I would think they could step it up another notch this year if we manage to get everyone healthy.
My own teams fans crack me up... Now we are gonna do serious damage in the playoffs... yesterday it was "we're toast"... its like every week the fans on this board think we are doomed and when we put together a few wins its like we're on our way to Lord Stanley...

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:38 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
My own teams fans crack me up... Now we are gonna do serious damage in the playoffs... yesterday it was "we're toast"... its like every week the fans on this board think we are doomed and when we put together a few wins its like we're on our way to Lord Stanley...
Not sure if you're taking a shot at me or not, but I said if we get hot. This team has a lot of offensive talent on it and a goalie that has been nothing short of superb since mid December or so.

If they get hot, they can do a lot of damage.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:43 PM
broadwayblue

If they get in...And if they can win the first round matchup...Watch out. This team could go on a nice run. We could certainly become last years Oilers.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

Nah we are TOAST!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Don't you listen man. EVERY analyst has spoken and made it perfectly clear

The NY Rangers are NOT good enough to make the playoffs.

Barry , Brett, Ray etc. These guys are broadcast professionals and have NO bias against NY or any of our players.

We play better as an underdog.

That being said, there are 28 days left in the regular season.

What is the time frame within those 28 days for us to realisticly get back

1. Shanahan

2. Tyutin

3. Hossa

4. Weekes

And if THIS TEAM manages to somehow with all the world of Hockey against them grab the 8 spot, Do you mess with success and bring those guys back?

03-11-2007, 11:05 PM
NYRMatt

Rangers for the win!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Don't you listen man. EVERY analyst has spoken and made it perfectly clear

The NY Rangers are NOT good enough to make the playoffs.

Barry , Brett, Ray etc. These guys are broadcast professionals and have NO bias against NY or any of our players.

We play better as an underdog.

That being said, there are 28 days left in the regular season.

What is the time frame within those 28 days for us to realisticly get back

1. Shanahan

2. Tyutin

3. Hossa

4. Weekes

And if THIS TEAM manages to somehow with all the world of Hockey against them grab the 8 spot, Do you mess with success and bring those guys back?

Are you seriously suggesting you sit a healthy Shanny, Hossa, and Tyutin? That's crazy talk.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Are you seriously suggesting you sit a healthy Shanny, Hossa, and Tyutin? That's crazy talk.
You know I'm not.

Infact well rested Shanny may make the whole horrible injury turn into a blessing in disguise if they make the playoffs.

I'd be concerned that Marcel looses his heat after sitting for 4 weeks

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Balej20*

Still to many games left to be thinking about making the playoffs just yet. All we are right now is TIED for 8th with a ton of other teams right on our tail.. It's gonna be back and forth till the last day of the season.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Weeeeekes

We just gotta take it game by game right now and hopefully stay hot. If we can make the playoffs and stay hot anything can happen.

Weeeeekes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
eastonhockey22*

I wouldn't be suprised to see both the rangers and Islanders miss the playoffs.

eastonhockey22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Fish

At the rate they're going with injuries and use of Lundqvist, Rozsival, Jagr and Malik they might not have anything left for the playoffs...providing of course they make it. The Rangers are after all only 5 points ahead of 13th place.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
At the rate they're going with injuries and use of Lundqvist, Rozsival, Jagr and Malik they might not have anything left for the playoffs...providing of course they make it. The Rangers are after all only 5 points ahead of 13th place.
I agree with you that the Rangers are gonna have a hard time getting into the playoffs. I still think they wont.

But if they DO...I think they will be in a lot better shape in the playoffs then they are now, with all the returning bodies to the lineup. They will be a very fresh team in comparision to other teams who aren't getting players back from injuries and whatnot.

Old
03-12-2007, 01:00 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastonhockey22 View Post
I wouldn't be suprised to see both the rangers and Islanders miss the playoffs.
I would honestly be extremely surprised if neither NY team makes the playoffs. I really think the Islanders are a lock at this point.

Old
03-12-2007, 01:08 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

We are really playing something close to devils hockey except maybe w/ more pressure on the puck during the forecheck in the offesnive zone. A patient game and not pushing ourselves or over-commiting to score. Waiting for the other team to choke up the puck and countering. The only thing is we need to learn how to finish and keep our leads in games.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
This is the best post Ive ever read from you. I'm not gonna say I think they would beat Buffalo in a series but if they can keep this up, but making the playoffs and then having Tyutin, Hossa and maybe even Shanny coming back would be a HUGE energy boost and would make the Rangers a dangerous team.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:57 AM
Pizza

Anything is possible when....

You have Hank in net, A motivated, even injured Jagr, and a bunch of guys who really play for each other. And if we can get a healthy, rested Shanny back.....

But first we gotta get in. Just gotta do that.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
We are really playing something close to devils hockey except maybe w/ more pressure on the puck during the forecheck in the offesnive zone. A patient game and not pushing ourselves or over-commiting to score. Waiting for the other team to choke up the puck and countering. The only thing is we need to learn how to finish and keep our leads in games.
The difference between the way we have been playing and the way the Devils play is that they have an incredible counter attack game, which we lack....but we have much more skilled forwards who forecheck and control the puck in the other end better than the Devils. We also aren't as strong infront of our own net as the Devils, although we have gotten much better in that department.

We also don't seem to have the true "Shut Down" line like the Devils have.

Old
03-12-2007, 02:04 AM
H382

Having had a Jagr on our team before, you better rely on your other guys to lead you to the promised land. Jagr is so Jekyl and Hyde it's not funny.. I think Nylander, Cullen and Straka are more important than Jagr at this point.

H382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 02:31 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
You know I'm not.

Infact well rested Shanny may make the whole horrible injury turn into a blessing in disguise if they make the playoffs.

I'd be concerned that Marcel looses his heat after sitting for 4 weeks
I agree with you.

Peopele we all know those are some of our top players, but why is that we are playing our best hockey when they are injured? Its just something to think about.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

as a new york yankee fan, the all too familiar superstars come back for the playoff collapse frightens me.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
I agree with you.

Peopele we all know those are some of our top players, but why is that we are playing our best hockey when they are injured? Its just something to think about.
Eh, they're playing a different kind of game right now. When the other guys were in the lineup, they were thinking offense more. Now they are thinking defense, since they know they can't score more than 2 goals a game.

If they can play this way AND add some scoring, it would help a lot.

Old
03-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by H382 View Post
Having had a Jagr on our team before, you better rely on your other guys to lead you to the promised land. Jagr is so Jekyl and Hyde it's not funny.. I think Nylander, Cullen and Straka are more important than Jagr at this point.
Who do you think was leading all those weak mid-late '90s Penguin teams to the playoffs, the AHL defense and revolving goaltenders? Uh, no... it was Jagr, Francis (until he left), and Lemieux (2.5 out of 7 seasons).

You might wanna tell Sidney that the refs swallow their whistles in the playoffs... like they do all season while Jagr has been mercilessly held and hacked for the past 12-15 years.

Last edited by Czech Your Math: 03-12-2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: n
Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote