HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins vs Sharks

Old
03-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotToddy View Post
How does your statement make any sense? Did MacT will the offence to 0 goals?
What? The way he ripped apart Markkanen in the media, you'd think the goaltending was letting in four questionable goals a game and costing the team wins. The offense actually needs to put in one or two pucks for Roloson or Markkanen to have a lead to hold on to.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:42 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

good news! The Kings got a point tonight! I mean, not likely a chance of us "catching" them, but hey, it's looking up!

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Tyrolean

Go everybody except the Oilers. We want that high draft pick. In this sense losses don't hurt so much anymore. If you don't make the playoffs finish as low as you can go. If the scouts screw up the first 3 1st rounders this year they should all be replaced after 2 years.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
ok good, 2-0... we're gonna lose

we just need columbus or chicago to start winning some more games and we'll be able to drop another 1 or 2 spots

does anybody happen to know what the oilers record is for losing streak? cause this is our 7th loss in a row, which is the longest i can presonally remember
Worst ever in franchize history is 11 consecutive losses, occurred in 1993 which is of course why this post smyth squad reminds us so much of that club

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:48 PM
HotToddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Wilson View Post
Did you watch the game? The line of Ryane Clowe-Marcel Goc-Steve Bernier was crushing everything in sight.
Outside of a few Bernier hits (he played a very good game) I don't remember a lot of hits.

I have no reason to hate San Jose, they're not Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto. Objectively and based on the games I've seen they are the soft underbelly of Western Conference playoff teams. They are a 1st round dream matchup compared to Calgary, Minnesota or even Dallas.

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Cerebral

I thought Greene had a pretty good game, that's two in a row for him. Otherwise, I actually fell asleep for a bit in the third period.

03-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
If the scouts screw up the first 3 1st rounders this year they should all be replaced after 2 years.
Yes, because the first 2 years always tells the definitive tale on whether or not a 1st round pick will make it or not.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Outside of a few Bernier hits (he played a very good game) I don't remember a lot of hits.

I have no reason to hate San Jose, they're not Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto. Objectively and based on the games I've seen they are the soft underbelly of Western Conference playoff teams. They are a 1st round dream matchup compared to Calgary, Minnesota or even Dallas.
Actually I think its a good job of playing possum.

In two games we've seen a classless Ducks team try to rub every grain of sand possible in the wound playing like the game meant everything and now San Jose playing like it was just another regular season game and that nothing matters until the playoffs start.

I like what the Sharks are doing. Nobody wins the cup in March.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:53 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Worst ever in franchize history is 11 consecutive losses, occurred in 1993 which is of course why this post smyth squad reminds us so much of that club
thx for the info man.... 11 losses eh? thats gonna be a tough one to beat, as we *do* play LA next and they are pretty terrible

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
TheDanceOfMaternity

Quote:
It officially rock bottom.

Congradulation to a Shark team that rose to the occasion and actually played to the level of the Oilers tonight. That was the worst hockey game I've seen in a while.

I'll predict right now that San Jose "jelly soft" Sharks are 1st round fodder.
It's been like all year, and with a coach like Ron Wilson, I expect it to cost them a lengthy playoff run.

Bt everytime I say that on the sharks' board I get slammed.

TheDanceOfMaternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
Since the start of that 'make or break' road trip, the Oilers are 2-8-2. Man this team sucks on so many levels.
That road trip to hell produced lots of injury. They lost players to injury in 7 straight games as well.

03-11-2007, 10:29 PM
crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Go everybody except the Oilers. We want that high draft pick. In this sense losses don't hurt so much anymore. If you don't make the playoffs finish as low as you can go. If the scouts screw up the first 3 1st rounders this year they should all be replaced after 2 years.
If you give me Players Light 100's one more time when I asked for king size...I think you should have to turn in that green vest, yourself.....lol

crashd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:44 PM
dreamshake

For the rest of the season we should just wear the 'real' throwback jerseys...im talking about the Cape Breton Oilers one...with a paper bag.

dreamshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

The NHL is stupid once again. According to Tencer, the NHL isn't allowing the Oilers to call up a forward so they can field a full roster. I wonder what would happen if another defenseman got injured and the Oilers were down to 4 defenseman for the next game. Would the NHL still not allow it. What about if 2 defensemen got injured and they were down to 3 defensemen. Does the NHL want teams to get more injuries by playing shorthanded? If this was Toronto, I guarantee you the NHL would allow it.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

It really is too bad that we couldn't call up Schremp and Nilsson, they have been absolutely dominant in the AHL at ES and on the PP. That said, I'd sooner we continue the dive for 5!!! We wouldn't want them to spark the team with a spectacular goal or anything!!! I could see it now... Mac-T "Schremp shouldn't have one-timed that pass for a goal, he should've been dumping the puck in" and "Nilsson shouldn't have rushed that up ice and set up Lupul for a goal mouth tap in, he should've been leaving the ice in favor of our veterans, who does he think he is trying to show them up???". Seriously, keeping them in WBS is likely the best scenario!!!

03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyth2Hemsky View Post
The NHL is stupid once again. According to Tencer, the NHL isn't allowing the Oilers to call up a forward so they can field a full roster. I wonder what would happen if another defenseman got injured and the Oilers were down to 4 defenseman for the next game. Would the NHL still not allow it. What about if 2 defensemen got injured and they were down to 3 defensemen. Does the NHL want teams to get more injuries by playing shorthanded? If this was Toronto, I guarantee you the NHL would allow it.
Christ, enough with the "NHL and everyone in power is against the Oilers" crap. Every post that comes from you is either that, or "Lowe and MacTavish can do no right around here."

Last edited by Vomiting Kermit*: 03-11-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Christ, enough with the "NHL and everyone in power is against the Oilers" crap. Every post that comes from you is either that, or "Lowe and MacTavish can do no right around here."
I said if it was Toronto, it would be allowed but not the other 29 teams but only Toronto.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Wow I turned on the game with about 6 minutes left and it was only 1-0

San Jose must have really played down to their opponents tonight because they are way to talented to keep the game that close for that long.

Of course the Oilers probally played one of their better games so that helps too.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:

I agree to an extent. They are very big but they are a soft team that is easy to push around. I think the Grier signing is going to be so HUGE for them though. I love Grier and he can get down and dirty.

If they can get the physical aspect of the game down, they could be very hard to play against because they have a lot of talent and a great PP.

Old
03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

I seriously wonder how many wins we can get with this current roster assuming nobody comes back.

1 maybe 2 would be my guess.

Old
03-12-2007, 07:22 AM
faneuil

They lost because of daylight savings being early.

Wow...you know it's bad when a GDT around here is only 5 pages.
It's not even frustrating anymore. I just want that top 5 draft pick.

faneuil is offline   Reply With Quote