HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Confirmed: Nigel Dawes Called Up

Old
03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
thought Callahan would be the next call-up.
Maybe FLY's speculation that he is not 100% may be true

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
God, just play Dawes.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
thought Callahan would be the next call-up.
The thinking is probably that, despite the season Cally is having, Dawes gives you better finishing for a team that needs goals wherever they can find them.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
stuart

suit up Dawes

For Orr, they do not need Orr Sunday and need Dawes legs and ability against the fast Hrrricanes..

I wonder why they have Liffiton up also...

stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 12:13 AM
storm fan

Does the call up of Dawes and Lifton count against the four call-ups they can use after the trade deadline?

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
Whose Roberto Duran?
If Roberto Duran hooked up with muscian Duran Duran it could be some funny moments.

This is Roberto Duran and Duran Duran. Especially if they got married and Duran Duran decided to keep his last name and add Robertos after his own, like Duran Duran-Duran.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:06 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

That was quick

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM
FLYLine24*

Dawes was sent back down before the game and played in the Pack game.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 06:35 PM
natureboy*

And The Youth Movement Continues.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2007, 11:38 PM
hopkinsj31

I remember watching alot of Dawes back in the day when he played with Canada at the WJC. I always thought he would be a solid player in the NHL someday, hopefully he's not too good now though, we need you guys to lose so we can squak into the playoffs.

hopkinsj31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 08:18 AM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Now I REALLY feel old.
you're not alone.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 09:02 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
And The Youth Movement Continues.
What does that even mean? Aside from Jagr, Malik, Shanahan, Nylander and Straka, this team is compromised of players players under 30-years-old. The goaltender is 24, the defense has a rookie playing on a nightly basis, Tyutin, a 24 year-old, one of its most consistent, and, with Mara, Rachunek and Rozsival all 28 or younger. The three of the last four trades they made involved dealing older players for younger players, and the 4th one was remedied by dealing a propsective 27-year-old UFA to be, (Dupuis), for a quality forward prospect, (Bourret). They are spoon-feeding a 20-year prospective 2nd line center IN THE MIDDLE of a playoff chase in his 1st year of professional hockey. The bulk of this team is made up of 24-28 year-olds, and people still don't think there's enough youth. People see what they want to see, instead of actually seeing reality.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 06:36 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
What does that even mean? Aside from Jagr, Malik, Shanahan, Nylander and Straka, this team is compromised of players players under 30-years-old. The goaltender is 24, the defense has a rookie playing on a nightly basis, Tyutin, a 24 year-old, one of its most consistent, and, with Mara, Rachunek and Rozsival all 28 or younger. The three of the last four trades they made involved dealing older players for younger players, and the 4th one was remedied by dealing a propsective 27-year-old UFA to be, (Dupuis), for a quality forward prospect, (Bourret). They are spoon-feeding a 20-year prospective 2nd line center IN THE MIDDLE of a playoff chase in his 1st year of professional hockey. The bulk of this team is made up of 24-28 year-olds, and people still don't think there's enough youth. People see what they want to see, instead of actually seeing reality.
excellent post!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Ola

Quote:
Great post!

And look at Pck. For 2 years he have been in the middle of discussions. Renney were the anti-christ for not playing him over ROSZIVAL in last seasons camp. Renney were the anti christ for not playing him right out of camp this season. Now when he is played, after every game, there are post like "Pck is the worst D in the league".

It have been obvious for a long time that Pck defenitly have his flaws, and he have struggled allot in certain areas in HFD.

Its always the same, if you even hinted that Poti were better then Pck you got jumped on here last season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
And look at Pck. For 2 years he have been in the middle of discussions. Renney were the anti-christ for not playing him over ROSZIVAL in last seasons camp. Renney were the anti christ for not playing him right out of camp this season. Now when he is played, after every game, there are post like "Pck is the worst D in the league".
I haven't heard a lot of those sentiments. I think most people realize what Pock is and are still happy with his role and contribution. I am.

On the subject of the youth movement, I would say a good argument could be made regarding who's been promoted, for how long and how/whether they were used. There's more to the discussion than just the average age of the roster in the last game.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Levitate

Eh, I'm not so happy with Pock's lack of offensive production...because without adding some of that in, he's nothing more than a mediocre defender.

However, it can be said he hasn't been put in a position to use a lot of that offense.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 08:38 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Great post!

It have been obvious for a long time that Pck defenitly have his flaws, and he have struggled allot in certain areas in HFD.

Its always the same, if you even hinted that Poti were better then Pck you got jumped on here last season.
Couple of things:

1) I don't think anyone ever said that Pock was better than Poti. There were people who felt that giving Pock a look in place of Poti. The feelings were it would not hurt to play Pock in place of Poti. And playing him would be beneficial long-term in that the team would at least know what they had in him. And, for me, that thought process hasn't changed.

2) I don't think Pock is the worst defenseman in the league.

3) I have long said that I don't think he's an NHL player. And I have not seen enough for me to reverse that opinion.

03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
bleedrngrblue

I've seen enough of Pock to know this....he gets burned to the outside all too often, and his offensive game is not all its cracked up to be. I won't shed a tear if he isn't here next season, Rachunek is a much bettter player than he will ever be.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Larry Melnyk

Great post JAS, if only becasue we are in toital agreement....

I am also not that impressed with Pock and, in retrospect, I can see the reasons why Renney was not very comfortable in playing him early on..The kid is just a little sub-standard when it comes to defensive abilities and, IMO, his offensive instincts AS A D-MAN, also don;t seem the greatest...OK, with limited ice time but my bet is Tomas Pock will be in another uniform next season...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote