HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Attention All Hockey "experts"...

Old
03-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Attention All Hockey "experts"...

This would include anyone who has been referred to as an expert....or just thinks they are an expert. Please,(and I mean that in all sincerity)please keep making public statements that the Rangers will NOT make the playoffs.

Because:

-They don't have any players in the line up.
-Jagr has never led anyone anywhere.
-Tom Renney wears a brown belt with black shoes.

Come up with anything you want or just make stuff up and state it publicly. In print, on TV, On YouTube, on Cable...hell even local cable. Just keep doing it as loud and as often as you can.

Because the Rangers are listening....and they are mad as hell. Thank You!!

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Thor God of Thunder

Bill Clement sits behind a massive oak desk, surrounded by his two German Shepherds, smoking a long, thick cigar just laughing at the Rangers' playoff chances. At least, that's my impression.

And with that image in mind, the Rangers are going all the way!

Thor God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
This would include anyone who has been referred to as an expert....or just thinks they are an expert. Please,(and I mean that in all sincerity)please keep making public statements that the Rangers will NOT make the playoffs.

Because:

-They don't have any players in the line up.
-Jagr has never led anyone anywhere.
-Tom Renney wears a brown belt with black shoes.

Come up with anything you want or just make stuff up and state it publicly. In print, on TV, On YouTube, on Cable...hell even local cable. Just keep doing it as loud and as often as you can.

Because the Rangers are listening....and they are mad as hell. Thank You!!

hehe, nice post. ill admit, ive counted them out weeks ago, but theyve impressed me with their resolve. but their injury situation is quite worrisome. tell me it doesnt worry you, i dare ya

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Balej20*

Rangers suck and have no chance at the playoffs. I've said it for 2 months now. They are done. D-O-N-E DONE!

Jagr is a bum. Straka has a bum shoulder. Shanny is their best player and he's out. Hossa is finished. Tyutin was their best D-man, he's done. Weekes was their best back up goalie and he's done.

Forget this season.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Rangers suck and have no chance at the playoffs. I've said it for 2 months now. They are done. D-O-N-E DONE!

Jagr is a bum. Straka has a bum shoulder. Shanny is their best player and he's out. Hossa is finished. Tyutin was their best D-man, he's done. Weekes was their best back up goalie and he's done.

Forget this season.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Geogaddi

Just waiting for Hall's favorite two words.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 04:35 AM
MrAlfie

rangers are toast

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 06:41 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Notice how the usual negative posters are silent? Sometimes I have very serious doubts about whether some of them are really rangers fans. In all honesty I can't recall any positive posts from some of them. I am not saying you can't ctiticize, or vent, but 100% negative all the time? If you are that negative the question that begs answering is why do you follow the team? The only answer that makes any sense is that you are not really a fan of this team and all they want to do is throw jabs at rangers fans and mask it by saying they are one of us.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 07:29 AM
DarthSather99

we seem to have many experts and elitists around here ....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 07:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Tom Renney for the Jack Adams

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 08:11 AM
bcrt2000

I have to admit, this is one of the best end of season stretches I've seen in a long time from the Rangers. I don't know why they've unanimously been counted out of the playoffs by the media. I really don't see anything in the Leafs that will get them through, and Carolina has been hanging on by the hair of their chinny chin chin (and the Rangers beat them in the season series now). The Rangers are playing like The Flames of 04 or the Oilers of 06. And they can only get stronger if Tyutin, Hossa, and Shanahan are back before the end of the season.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Shadowtron

Wow another group back pat from the cheerleader contingent. And like all good little lemmings, you'll follow each other right off the bridge when the Rangers drop a point or two out of it. What is it with you so called "real" fans and this constant attempt to polarize the members of this board? Of course, it's no surprise to see Atlanta blowing his trumpet, once again. He's right there with his I-told-you-so speech whenever the Rangers pick themselves up off the ice long enough for a winning streak. Yahoo for mediocrity!

Last edited by Shadowtron: 03-12-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:32 AM
bathgate

I've been a critic this year of the team and Renney. However, I've enjoyed watching the last several weeks for a few reasons. First, our team has gotten younger whether by choice or not. The defense of Girardi, Pock, Tyutin and Mara along with Henke gives us a nice young core to go along with Staal, Baranka, Sauer and perhaps Liffiton. Dubi getting his feet wet is great. The experience will be tremendous in the next few years. The players at Hartford are showing growth especially Montoya, Korpi, Cally, and even Jessiman. THE PLAYOFFS WILL BE A BONUS. However, watching the kids get a chance and succeed is exciting. Hopefully, the team will continue to play smart defensive hockey.Once again I'm starting to believe a foundation of youth may be possible. Nevertheless, I still believe some of the older than thirty gang must be eliminated from next year's team

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Balej20*

You guys are too positive!!

Remember, THIS TEAM SUCKS

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Notice how the usual negative posters are silent? Sometimes I have very serious doubts about whether some of them are really rangers fans. In all honesty I can't recall any positive posts from some of them. I am not saying you can't ctiticize, or vent, but 100% negative all the time? If you are that negative the question that begs answering is why do you follow the team? The only answer that makes any sense is that you are not really a fan of this team and all they want to do is throw jabs at rangers fans and mask it by saying they are one of us.
This is the internet bro. Many people use it in place of proper therapy. Nature of the beast.

As for the thread topic....

These Rangers always play better as an underdog. Not sure why but it holds true

03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Yahoo for mediocrity!
What exactly did you expect? Dominance? Regardless of Larry Brooks' prediction of a cup win, we all knew this was a flawed team. We are 6 points (with a game in hand) from the 6th seed, which is where we ended last season. Add together the great steps Hartford has taken (along with some of our other prospects) and the fact that despite the majority of our core being injured we are still fighting for the playoffs, I dont think the season is as dissapointing as some people want it to be.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:08 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I think posters here are way too quick to make statements in either direction.

They need to MAINTAIN the level that they have had of late. This is something that they have had a problem with all year.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
What exactly did you expect? Dominance? Regardless of Larry Brooks' prediction of a cup win, we all knew this was a flawed team. We are 6 points (with a game in hand) from the 6th seed, which is where we ended last season. Add together the great steps Hartford has taken (along with some of our other prospects) and the fact that despite the majority of our core being injured we are still fighting for the playoffs, I dont think the season is as dissapointing as some people want it to be.
This is more or less what I expected from the team. My comment was against this thread not the team. Seems like every time the Rangers get on a roll or something the usual suspects have to start a thread where they can fluff their feathers, blow their trumpets, and question the loyalties of any fan who isn't bouncing off the walls over what has been another sub-par season. However, half the 'true-believers' in this thread were ready to bury the team and throw themselves into oncoming traffic when things looked bleak. We all want the same things for this team. You can't compare team loyalty and the purpose of this board. Everyone comes here for different reasons. For some it's a chance to rattle the pots and pans and celebrate this team to the max. For posters such as myself, it's a chance to kinda kick the dog when things are going badly. And others just want to round-table dicuss the team. Break the game down and critique performances. I don't get what the big deal is or why a thread is needed every time the team picks itself up off the ice for a few games.

Old
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
ebn

A couple of weeks ago many people would say we couldn't make the playoffs because of where we were in the standings. I hoped they would and certainly it was possible. It's a shame for so much injuries but we seem to overcome them. Right now Rangers have as good as any chance to make the playoffs and I think they will. They are playing pretty good. Nobody ofcourse can predict 100% only god knows what will happen. However, my guess is they can do it.

Oh if we can stop blowing 2-0 leads that would help. But that's the only negative.

ebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Fletch

I think...

The Rangers make it in...goaltending's ruling the day and if Jagr gets on track, they'll be tough to stop given the competition. They're a bit behind where I thought they'd be at this point in the season, but the momentum's there. It'll be close, no doubt.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Pizza

Thanks for the responses. Pretty busy day for so I'll just contribute something quickly.

My motivation for generating this thread was to take myself back to a day when I did not over think stuff. When I was a kid all I knew was that I LOVED the New York Rangers and if they won I was very happy.

Well now as an adult I tend to over think everything....including the Rangers.

I just wanted to stop that and maybe rebel a little against anything that casts a doubt. It's liberating sometimes to just believe that they can get it done when everyone but most especially the "experts" say it can't be done

It's that simple. I'm not trying to put any Rangers fan down or question your loyalty in any way.

LETS GO RANGERS!!

Old
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
shoothepuck

Everyone has an opinion. Many fans expect more from this team, others are just happy when they play well, and some just don't like listening to Bill Clemente and others, put the team down any chance they get. Let them keep the streak going, that's the only way to silence their critics.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
This is more or less what I expected from the team. My comment was against this thread not the team. Seems like every time the Rangers get on a roll or something the usual suspects have to start a thread where they can fluff their feathers, blow their trumpets, and question the loyalties of any fan who isn't bouncing off the walls over what has been another sub-par season. However, half the 'true-believers' in this thread were ready to bury the team and throw themselves into oncoming traffic when things looked bleak. We all want the same things for this team. You can't compare team loyalty and the purpose of this board. Everyone comes here for different reasons. For some it's a chance to rattle the pots and pans and celebrate this team to the max. For posters such as myself, it's a chance to kinda kick the dog when things are going badly. And others just want to round-table dicuss the team. Break the game down and critique performances. I don't get what the big deal is or why a thread is needed every time the team picks itself up off the ice for a few games.
Sorry you take offense I meant none. I mainly direct my personal ire towards "professional experts". Your comment that I am some how questioning your loyalty or the loyalty of others is off base. We may see things differently but you are completely entitled to your opinions. I am blowing a trumpet. I'm celebrating my team. Their display of guts and heart these past few weeks makes me proud to be a Rangers fan. If those sentiments make you uncommfortable.....I'm not sure what to say. Feel free to "kick the dog" if you will just allow me to throw him a bone once in a while.

Old
03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Sorry you take offense I meant none. I mainly direct my personal ire towards "professional experts". Your comment that I am some how questioning your loyalty or the loyalty of others is off base. We may see things differently but you are completely entitled to your opinions. I am blowing a trumpet. I'm celebrating my team. Their display of guts and heart these past few weeks makes me proud to be a Rangers fan. If those sentiments make you uncommfortable.....I'm not sure what to say. Feel free to "kick the dog" if you will just allow me to throw him a bone once in a while.

First and foremost, I was just ranting in my post. It wasn’t directed at you, but at the intent of the thread or the attitude of the overall thread. YOU didn’t question anyone’s loyalty, but if you read a few of the posts, you’ll see it was brought up at least once. And that always seems to be the case with threads like this. They’re seldom about team appreciation and more of a platform to rub any form of success into the faces of people who dare criticize the Sacred Cows. And I think it just polarizes the board…it breeds disrespect. For all the talk of respecting each other’s opinion, there’s shockingly little of that going on here. And most of it stems from the intolerance of the so-called loyal fans. I mean, where are the threads created by the ‘negative’ fans when the Rangers lose? Do you recall a thread expressing victory or trumpet blowing when the Rangers were rubbed out of the playoffs last season? I can’t. My problem isn’t with the celebration of team loyalty AT ALL. I respect people’s loyalty and am even a tad envious of those who can turn to a fresh page with each new game. It’s this ‘us vs. them’ attitude, the insinuation that some of us are lesser fans and would actually be upset over a successful Rangers team, that irks me. You can throw the dog as many bones as you like, I just don’t think his butt needs to be rubbed into members’ faces every time he performs a trick.

Old
03-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Pizza

Great Quote today from Shanny on the audio portion of Sam's blog. Go check it if you want:

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Paraphrasing: "There are no finish lines for us. So it's important to realize that just the way we were being counted out by the folks on VS, NBC, etc. there are now other folks being counted out and we have to just keep winning".

Gotta love Shanny. Welcome back and keep your head up boyo.