HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

If we can do this

Old
03-12-2007, 07:55 AM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
when Shanny and Hossa come back, the kids aren't going to be playing. It sucks but thats whats going to happen.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Kostik

When(and if) they come back, it should be like this:
Tyutin replaces Pock(who is playing like proper 7th defensman now)
Shanny replaces Isbister(who is not playing bad but can't finish)
And Hossa plays instead of Dubinsky(who should play major role in HFD Wolfpack POs)

I have no problem with that at all.

I don't see this as "not playing kids" problem.
Pock is replaced by younger and better Tyutin, Isbister is no longer kid, and Dubinsky would learn more in bigger role in AHL play-offs.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Make the playoffs and have a well rested Shanahan, Tyutin, Hossa, The kids playing well and Hank hot I think we can make a major league run.
The Devils have owned us lately but 1 goal games can go either way and with rested goal scorers who knows?
But Dagoon, we obviously can't make any type of playoff run with Hank in net. You know he's just going to let in weak goals at the worst times.

Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Larry Melnyk

Been saying all year that, if Renney got out of the way, this team should make the POs and also win a round or two..

With the injuiores to SHanny, Tyutin and Hossa, I'm not so sure anymore. but I think they should have enough to get into the POs..

One thing I've really been impressed by over the past week has been the team defense..We just basically played 4 Play Off games and, with a defense including Girardi, Pock, Rocky and the whipping boys, we won three of those games and let in a grand total of, what, 5 goals? The team hs justgotta keep it simple like that, continue to get good goaltending form The King, and hopefully one of these days Jagr will start acting like the offensive force he's supposed to be...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:11 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Not sure if you're taking a shot at me or not, but I said if we get hot. This team has a lot of offensive talent on it and a goalie that has been nothing short of superb since mid December or so.

If they get hot, they can do a lot of damage.
I'm not taking a shot at anybody. I enjoy your posts. Thats not my style.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I guess Jagr has found some of that inspiration from last season. If anyone remembers supposedly he had negative comments that were made prior to last season taped to his locker and said proving those people wrong is what gave him the desire to win. Well :
Quote:
"It is a playoff game for us," said Jagr of the matchup with the Hurricanes. "Every time we watch TV, no one gives us credit that we are going to make the playoffs. We knew it was huge. We knew it was going to be a big weekend. We played yesterday and didn't have much time to rest, but I thought we played very well."
http://newyorkrangers.com/gametime/recap.asp?id=2746

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I guess Jagr has found some of that inspiration from last season. If anyone remembers supposedly he had negative comments that were made prior to last season taped to his locker and said proving those people wrong is what gave him the desire to win. Well :http://newyorkrangers.com/gametime/recap.asp?id=2746
Nice to see. A motivated big man is dangerous for the other team.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Been saying all year that, if Renney got out of the way, this team should make the POs and also win a round or two..

With the injuiores to SHanny, Tyutin and Hossa, I'm not so sure anymore. but I think they should have enough to get into the POs..

One thing I've really been impressed by over the past week has been the team defense..We just basically played 4 Play Off games and, with a defense including Girardi, Pock, Rocky and the whipping boys, we won three of those games and let in a grand total of, what, 5 goals? The team hs justgotta keep it simple like that, continue to get good goaltending form The King, and hopefully one of these days Jagr will start acting like the offensive force he's supposed to be...
This team reminds me of the '86 NYR. You wonder how the hell they could make it with the lineup they had, plus they had alot of injuries that year. But in the last few weeks the team put together wins and surprised even the Ranger fans by making it in the 8th spot. Vanbies and the overall team defense was huge.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This team reminds me of the '86 NYR. You wonder how the hell they could make it with the lineup they had, plus they had alot of injuries that year. But in the last few weeks the team put together wins and surprised even the Ranger fans by making it in the 8th spot. Vanbies and the overall team defense was huge.
You mean the Sator-coached team with the great Larry Melnyk on defense? The team worked theior ***** off by the end of the year...Not alot of talent though outside of Larouche..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
You mean the Sator-coached team with the great Larry Melnyk on defense? The team worked theior ***** off by the end of the year...Not alot of talent though outside of Larouche..
With the injuries, looks like a similar team. Don't tell me Ridley wasn't talented though

Seriously, if this team plays the same and makes the playoffs, I can see a similar run like '86....

Did we get Melnyk when we dealt Mike Rogers to Edmonton, I forget?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 06:36 PM
jagrgodr

I think this kind of reminds me of last years playoff race, but the circumstances are a little different. Rangers were always ahead and leading, and fell many spots during the last few days. Now the Rangers have to fight for their position, and as you can see even with injuries they have stepped their game up.

Once Shanny fell, the rangers have really risen to the ocassion and i know they can make it. The King is playing the best he has all year, the defense hasn't been too bad, we aren't getting scored against on every bad play like the beginning of the season, and it seems more people are contributing to the offense instead of the big 4.

We really wont know untill the last week, even if we have an amazing run!

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
gravy121

For the sake of trying to find some emotional middle ground, lets not forget a potential first round opponent, Buffalo, will also be getting back a player or few.

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote