HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders brass blaming Hollweg for Simon assault

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2007, 02:11 PM
snowcloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
Conversing with Islander fans who continue to focus on Hollweg and not Simon, is like talking to Lassie when you're trying to find out where Timmy is stuck in the drainage ditch. They hear (or read) your words, but they're just not getting through.

Old
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
i think your point that simon did something cowardless, wrong, etc. has been beaten to death. no one, including myself would question that. it was ridiculous and embarassing. nuff said.

what people, including ted nolan, are questioning is holloweg's reaction. we know now...

1. he wasn't unconscious (far from it)
2. suffered no broken bones
3. had a scratch on his chin
4. kept all of his teeth
5. didn't miss a shift or a game

so basically he wasn't injured at all.

he did a good sales job. just stating the obvious.
No, you're stating you're biased, clueless, and unsupported opinion because you have no freakin idea how hard Hollweg was hit, how much he was hurt, and what shape his head was in for thise 5 minutes or so...Typical HF where people talk out of their arse without any facts..

Old
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
dave4

Quote:
i think your point that simon did something cowardless, wrong, etc. has been beaten to death. no one, including myself would question that. it was ridiculous and embarassing. nuff said.

what people, including ted nolan, are questioning is holloweg's reaction. we know now...

4. kept all of his teeth

The only thing that's obvious is what Simon did to Hollweg. When you start guessing how much you think Hollweg was really hurt, or how much Simon may or may not have been hurt on the hit by Hollweg, you're grasping at straws.

That's what desperate organizations/coaches/fans do when they want to spin attention away from the facts.

Old
03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
The only thing that's obvious is what Simon did to Hollweg. When you start guessing how much you think Hollweg was really hurt, or how much Simon may or may not have been hurt on the hit by Hollweg, you're grasping at straws.

That's what desperate organizations/coaches/fans do when they want to spin attention away from the facts.
Perfectly said...case closed!

Old
03-12-2007, 04:08 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:

4. kept all of his teeth

What did you expect Hollweg to do? Get up and give Simon a pat on the back? Stand up and beat the living daylights out of him & cost the Rangers the game like Simon cost NYI the game?

I don't understand what the big deal is. Simon isn't getting suspended for Hollweg. Hes getting suspended for swinging his stick into someones face. I don't care if he did it to Lundqvist with a MASK ON & nothing happened to Hanks. Simon still did something wrong.

Glad to see you agree on that though.

Old
03-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootin'Tyutin View Post
Perfectly said...case closed!
I second that motion. Perfect summation. Game, set, match. Any further discussion is pointless. Move on.....or not Isle fan

Old
03-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Bossy's Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD View Post
The fact that the Islanders are justifying in any way Simon's actions is a total disgrace.
I don't think their justifying Simon's stupid re-action to Hollewgs borderline fair/not fair hit. I just think that they have the mentality of a family within their locker room and no one likes to see a family member down and out. You win as a team and you lose as a team! Unfortunately, in this situation when a player is in the wrong it's easy to point blame at players/coaches/management that had the player who was in the wrong.

Closed Thread