HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Gorges (Possibly being traded some time soon)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2014, 05:00 PM
  #26
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Gorges is just an enabler for PKs recklessness .

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-07-2014, 05:20 PM
  #27
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 25,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Gorges is just an enabler for PKs recklessness .
You know, as ridiculous as that might sound, I think it could be supported to a large extent in an argument.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
05-07-2014, 05:26 PM
  #28
NHLFutureGuy3
Registered User
 
NHLFutureGuy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Wow.. he's got so many backers. I guess I'm the only hater.
What's amazing is that it took a Gorges injury for people to see how valuable he was to this team. It was not too long ago that so many were complaining about how he was overrated and over paid.

NHLFutureGuy3 is offline  
Old
05-07-2014, 05:34 PM
  #29
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
What's amazing is that it took a Gorges injury for people to see how valuable he was to this team. It was not too long ago that so many were complaining about how he was overrated and over paid.
This

ppl mocking him with the "lets go red" etc

dude has been great, last night played 27 mins along with Subban. Markov and Emelin were next at arounud 21 I think, thats a big gap.

habs03 is offline  
Old
05-07-2014, 05:42 PM
  #30
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I'll tell you why I hate.

He's 3rd pairing caliber logging 25 minutes playing with an elite franchise d-man.

He's a shot blocker and nothing more. He's a poor man's Weaver.
When you play against a team that is as well structured to maximize puck possession as the Bruins are, it helps to have multiple shot blockers on the team.

If not, you will get lit up often.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
05-07-2014, 05:46 PM
  #31
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I'll tell you why I hate.

He's 3rd pairing caliber logging 25 minutes playing with an elite franchise d-man.

He's a shot blocker and nothing more. He's a poor man's Weaver.
That's all well and good, as long as you're comfortable with being completely wrong in your reasons for hating the guy.

overlords is offline  
Old
05-07-2014, 05:57 PM
  #32
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: FIRE THERRIEN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I'll tell you why I hate.

He's 3rd pairing caliber logging 25 minutes playing with an elite franchise d-man.

He's a shot blocker and nothing more. He's a poor man's Weaver.
Either Markov and Emelin suck or Gorges is better than you think.

Montreal must be the envy of all teams. It's obvious third pairing guys can log this many minutes nightly

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
05-07-2014, 10:29 PM
  #33
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's all well and good, as long as you're comfortable with being completely wrong in your reasons for hating the guy.
Let's see how he finishes. I remain worried about having him log big minutes.

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 11:56 AM
  #34
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,992
vCash: 500
No Canadian teams on Gorges' 15 tradeables but seems Toronto was interested at the draft per TSN.

Makes sense if he's being shopped we need to make room for Tinordi and Beaulieu, also Emelin should be on the left side.

JLP is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 12:08 PM
  #35
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
No Canadian teams on Gorges' 15 tradeables but seems Toronto was interested at the draft per TSN.

Makes sense if he's being shopped we need to make room for Tinordi and Beaulieu, also Emelin should be on the left side.
And then TML get Polak instead...which is what we would of needed...

crazyd is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 12:11 PM
  #36
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,180
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
And then TML get Polak instead...which is what we would of needed...
I would have to assume Toronto went for Polak after they found out they wouldn't be able to land Gorges.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 12:16 PM
  #37
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
And then TML get Polak instead...which is what we would of needed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would have to assume Toronto went for Polak after they found out they wouldn't be able to land Gorges.
meh...I'd hate to burst that bubble of yours....so i'll agree

Polak > Gorges

crazyd is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 12:23 PM
  #38
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,494
vCash: 500
Heard on the radio there were lots of talks sorrounding Gorges

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 12:23 PM
  #39
Adam Spylo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Still hope he gets traded for Brouwer.

Adam Spylo is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 12:35 PM
  #40
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,855
vCash: 50
Please tade the brain dead Russian instead. Maybe nobody wants that horrendous contract

Bob Cole is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:00 PM
  #41
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cole View Post
Please tade the brain dead Russian instead. Maybe nobody wants that horrendous contract
They both have horrible contracts.

Price My Man Crush is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:02 PM
  #42
Smokey Thompson
Registered User
 
Smokey Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,026
vCash: 500
Where are these rumours coming from?

Edit: Just saw McKenzie's tweet.

Smokey Thompson is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:03 PM
  #43
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post
They both have horrible contracts.
Gorges >> Emelin, while emelin gets paid more. In a league where Nikitin is making 4.5, I'm more than happy with Gorges at 3.9 or whatever it is he makes. Anybody saying we should trade Gorges over Emelin doesn't know what they're talking about.

overlords is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
  #44
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 8,439
vCash: 500
Really reliable defense man, not that spectacular, but has a tendency to do the small details well and for this reason has some good trade value I'd say. Since our defense is in the process of getting renewed I would make a sacrifice and try to turn his contract into a top 6 forward, packaging an interesting prospect with him or some other pieces that are log jammed. (Eller for instance).

If we can't do that then obviously I wouldn't just throw him away for futures. Unless we can get a 1st in 2015 (doubtful)

vokiel is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
  #45
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,410
vCash: 500
Interesting because minutes before Toronto traded for Polak it was reported that Nonis and Bergevin were talking to each other.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:10 PM
  #46
SakuSauce
Drive for 25
 
SakuSauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Gorges >> Emelin, while emelin gets paid more. In a league where Nikitin is making 4.5, I'm more than happy with Gorges at 3.9 or whatever it is he makes. Anybody saying we should trade Gorges over Emelin doesn't know what they're talking about.
This. Gorges is not an elegant D but he gets the job done and always does the right thing. Something Emelin is incapable of doing. If he doesn't hit he is useless. I'm also chocked that they intent of trading Gorges as it would shake the leadership in the room.

SakuSauce is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:12 PM
  #47
overlords
#BargainBanned
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanek20 View Post
This. Gorges is not an elegant D but he gets the job done and always does the right thing. Something Emelin is incapable of doing. If he doesn't hit he is useless. I'm also chocked that they intent of trading Gorges as it would shake the leadership in the room.
Don't care so much about the leadership aspect. I don't pretend to know how important he is or isn't in the room, but I do know how important Gorges is in the hockey playing aspect.

Sad thing is I don't even really like Gorges. But there's no way in hell he should be going anywhere over Emelin.

overlords is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:13 PM
  #48
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Interesting because minutes before Toronto traded for Polak it was reported that Nonis and Bergevin were talking to each other.
McKenzie tweeted that they talked, but the Leafs (and all other Canadian teams) are on his no trade list.

Analyzer* is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:15 PM
  #49
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
McKenzie tweeted that they talked, but the Leafs (and all other Canadian teams) are on his no trade list.
Thanks. I wonder what was being offered. I guess the Habs could expect a similar package to Polak.

Andy is offline  
Old
06-28-2014, 01:18 PM
  #50
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
Gorges has a no trade list...

ChoseLa is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.