HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preview of Sens@ Rangers

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Preview of Sens@ Rangers

This game is huge. We can beat this team as long as we dont take penalties. We must and yes I will repeat, MUST stay out of the box. Avery must do his job but not go overboard. If Avery can make Neil or McGrattan do something stupid, we must take advantage on the PP. Once we get the PP, just shoot the puck, if we have more passes than shots on the PP again, something is wrong. I dont know what coaches run the PP, but they have to change the mindset. I wonder if they practiced on how to shoot on the PP. This game will be a tough one, and we gotta get good offensive chances early. Lets go Rangers.

Old
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I'll be at this game and i'm hopeing for a great game. So far I have only been to 1 loss this season and that was in Oct, so out of 5 games i'm 4-1-0

Old
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
GarretJoseph*

We'll beat them. Into the ground.

Old
03-12-2007, 04:26 PM
yarre

I must ask, when was the last time Lundqvist rested? Seems to have played alot of games lately.

Old
03-12-2007, 04:27 PM
chosen

Every game is huge, this no more than any other.

Old
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
I must ask, when was the last time Lundqvist rested? Seems to have played alot of games lately.
He sat against the Blues.

03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
mucker*

I must ask, the PP I feel is struggling due to Jagr's leg and Straka's shoulder, is this something which will not get better or maybe as soon as next game they will be healthy?

What about Shanny, he won't be back anytime in the near future?

As far as goaltending goes, it is this person's belief Lundqvist is great but as his best when he had a good partner, any chance Montoya and him are the tandum next season?

Old
03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
This game is huge. We can beat this team as long as we dont take penalties. We must and yes I will repeat, MUST stay out of the box. Avery must do his job but not go overboard. If Avery can make Neil or McGrattan do something stupid, we must take advantage on the PP. Once we get the PP, just shoot the puck, if we have more passes than shots on the PP again, something is wrong. I dont know what coaches run the PP, but they have to change the mindset. I wonder if they practiced on how to shoot on the PP. This game will be a tough one, and we gotta get good offensive chances early. Lets go Rangers.

Most of us would agree but the problem is their isn't much the coaching staff can do in my opinion. Jagr has made it clear that the style of hockey he plays (especially on the PP) is a type that is more creative, looking for open players and the perfect shot. Those are the Euro's on the team. It's the way they play. Telling them to play a more North American style and shooting from the point and crashing the net and dumping the puck in instead of trying to skate over the blue line is like asking them to learn the game of hockey all over. THIS IS THE WAY THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY. It is very frustrating, I will agree. And the coaching staff can tell them to shoot when the opportunity presents itself. But that isn't the way our first PP unit plays. They're un-selfish, to a fault at times.

Old
03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Most of us would agree but the problem is their isn't much the coaching staff can do in my opinion. Jagr has made it clear that the style of hockey he plays (especially on the PP) is a type that is more creative, looking for open players and the perfect shot. Those are the Euro's on the team. It's the way they play. Telling them to play a more North American style and shooting from the point and crashing the net and dumping the puck in instead of trying to skate over the blue line is like asking them to learn the game of hockey all over. THIS IS THE WAY THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY. It is very frustrating, I will agree. And the coaching staff can tell them to shoot when the opportunity presents itself. But that isn't the way our first PP unit plays. They're un-selfish, to a fault at times.
agreed, Sam Rosen and Joe said that at times. I remember them calling a play where Nylander was at a partial breakaway and he passed it back thinking he had a teammate there, but he turned over the puck. I dont believe about that style of play. When u have a good scoring chance u shoot the puck, not pass to a teammate for the pretty play. It dont matter if ur a european or north american hockey player. That is Hockey101, shoot the puck when u have a scoring chance.

Old
03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Block More Shots

The fact that Lundqvist is playing so well under his fatigue is great. I remember seeing that his GAA since January was 1.70. Crazy that he's been on the top of his game for that long.

Seriously, this guy is a warrior and if we make the playoffs, he's one of the main reasons why.

I read that he told Renney to have the Rangers shoot first on Sunday because he needed the extra time to focus and rest...supposedly he was extremely tired after overtime. Worked out because he stopped their two shooters.

I can see Valiquette getting another start down the stretch but against Boston or Philly, probably a not-so-great team. Lundy will definitely play the majority of the final 13 games and I'm glad.

The Sens game is huge, but so is every other game down the stretch. Just gotta keep getting points...sure 2 points would be nice, but bringing Ottawa to OT or the shootout and only getting one point wouldn't be bad either.

Old
03-12-2007, 11:05 PM
kovalev27hf

um could it be he's not really that fatigued? he just turned 25 a week ago in the prime of his life and in ELITE shape. he even said yesterday that its fun playing so many games. he's loving it he's fine

Old
03-12-2007, 11:20 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
The fact that Lundqvist is playing so well under his fatigue is great. I remember seeing that his GAA since January was 1.70. Crazy that he's been on the top of his game for that long.

Seriously, this guy is a warrior and if we make the playoffs, he's one of the main reasons why.

I read that he told Renney to have the Rangers shoot first on Sunday because he needed the extra time to focus and rest...supposedly he was extremely tired after overtime. Worked out because he stopped their two shooters.

I can see Valiquette getting another start down the stretch but against Boston or Philly, probably a not-so-great team. Lundy will definitely play the majority of the final 13 games and I'm glad.

The Sens game is huge, but so is every other game down the stretch. Just gotta keep getting points...sure 2 points would be nice, but bringing Ottawa to OT or the shootout and only getting one point wouldn't be bad either.
I heard that Weekes is getting back to practice within the week, that was said last week I believe on TSN Ice chips. Anyone think Weekes will play a game or 2 maybe in hartford on a conditioning stint??? He has not played in a while.

Old
03-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I heard that Weekes is getting back to practice within the week, that was said last week I believe on TSN Ice chips. Anyone think Weekes will play a game or 2 maybe in hartford on a conditioning stint??? He has not played in a while.
Yeah, he'll get a game or two in with Hartford. No way he just comes back in and plays a game in the NHL. When was the last time he played? November or December? I think Valiquette is here to stay as the backup and hopefully if he gets another game down the stretch, he'll play well.

Old
03-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
um could it be he's not really that fatigued? he just turned 25 a week ago in the prime of his life and in ELITE shape. he even said yesterday that its fun playing so many games. he's loving it he's fine
Well, he was quoted as saying that in between overtime and the shootout that he needed more rest to focus. Just because someone is young and just entering his prime doesn't mean he can't get tired.

I'm glad he thinks its fun and playing at the top of his game. There's no doubt in my mind that Renney will play him the rest of the way (unless its a back-to-back game and he feels he could use a rest).

Closed Thread