HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): DeSean Released

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfOfBroadStreet View Post
Just curious but what players do you consider reaches in the 3rd and 4th?
Just a few. I'm not familiar with every player in those rounds but the ones that stuck out to me were Taylor Hart in the 3rd. Seems like a reach, I have him as a 5th rounder. In your 4th round I have guys like Marcel Jensen and John Urschel as 6-7th rounders. I did my rankings a couple months ago so I could have missed some stock changes.

Old
05-08-2014, 12:47 AM
TheWolfOfBroadStreet

vCash: 500
I would think all the moves made thus far would suggest that we are going into this year fully expecting Maclin to be a big part of the offense. Unfortunately the question of whether he can stay healthy or not can't be answered until the end of the year, which is precisely why he only signed for a one year "prove it" deal.

Old
05-08-2014, 12:48 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:

kelvin Benjamin relies solely on his size, and while that worked in college for him he's not going to be able to rely on that in the NFL, he is a lazy player who isn't a great route runner and should have stayed another year in college. With that being said you can't teach size and if he learns what it takes to be a pro he can definitely develop into a plaxico burress type player.
Benjamin is one of the few players projected in the late 1st early 2nd that I wouldn't be a fan of at pick 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru Kitsune View Post
I have to ask, can Maclin be durable enough to mitigate letting DeSean walk?
He's always banged up.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:48 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Watching Villanueva play WR was one of the most awkward things I've ever seen on a football field. He's a longshot, but with our DLine depth, anything is possible. Might be a guy to keep on the practice squad and keep in the organization.

Roby is good. He was just so inconsistent this year. At times he was the best corner in the country. Others, he didn't seem to care. Not that I want the Eagles to take him, but the talent is there. He seems like a guy that could be one of the best in the league in a few years or out of the league. The fact that he's still mentioned as a first rounder despite his off the field stuff is a testament to his talent level. He doesn't appear to be a great decision maker.

Some talk of the Eagles moving up. I guess if you target a guy, go get him, but we only have 6 picks to begin with. I would hate to come out of this draft with only 4 or 5 guys.
Fits the Kelly mantra of "Big people beat up little people." Could be the third TE for the heavy or goal line sets. Has the serious size to also be a hybrid FB/TE.

Old
05-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Azir
What's your point?

Quote:
Just curious but what players do you consider reaches in the 3rd and 4th?
Like I said, I don't follow the later rounds close enough to make a serious judgement but from what I have seen I think you reached a little on Archer, and Loston. But I think a couple players fell a little to much like Shayne Skov, and Ahmad Dixon. I think they are 3rd round talent and I also think Moncrief is a 2nd round player.

Old
05-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Fits the Kelly mantra of "Big people beat up little people." Could be the third TE for the heavy or goal line sets. Has the serious size to also be a hybrid FB/TE.
If Villanueva makes the final 53 this team is in much worse shape than I thought. This situation is just the Eagles rewarding a war veteran with some cash, a "shot" in camp, and getting the team some positive press after the D-Jax debacle. It's a classy move by the team, but don't expect him to make final cuts, or even the initial cuts.

Old
05-08-2014, 09:54 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
My top five picks for us if we stay at 22 (guys that are likely to be there):

Cooks
Lee
Fuller
Shazier
Dennard

Top three guys that "might" be there:

Barr
Clinton-Dix
Evans

Guys I don't want (at 22, if we down, depending on how much, or just nab one with a second rounder if they are there I am ok):

Benjamin
Beckham
Verrett
Robinson

Old
05-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Hiesenberg

There is no way Evans is there @ 22.

Old
05-08-2014, 10:04 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
There is no way Evans is there @ 22.
That's why he is in the might be there category. It is unlikely that any of those guys will be there at 22, but guys slip every year.

Old
05-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That's why he is in the might be there category. It is unlikely that any of those guys will be there at 22, but guys slip every year.
Sure, but Barr & Clinton Dix are more likely to be in that area, Evans might go Top 5, almost a lock to go Top 10

Old
05-08-2014, 10:12 AM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
I will be ragin if they dont go defense.

05-08-2014, 10:19 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Sure, but Barr & Clinton Dix are more likely to be in that area, Evans might go Top 5, almost a lock to go Top 10
I don't know, I could see Evans falling. I agree that it is unlikely, but depending on how other things shake out with trades and the like, he could slip. Evans is the fans consensus #2 WR, but what if another team likes Cooks better? There's three top ten teams that need WRs (Jacksonville, Cleveland, TB). Tennessee at 11 needs pretty much everything. Then the Giants, Jets, and Ravens are teams that need WR help. So I think really depending on where Jax, Cleveland, and TB go, the rest could see him fall. I think Jax or Cleveland is taking Watkins for sure. After that though, it is possible for him to fall.

I know it is unlikely, but he may be there.

Old
05-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Hiesenberg

Report this morning says Raiders love Evans...over Watkins.

Old
05-08-2014, 10:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Report this morning says Raiders love Evans...over Watkins.
Haha. Well obviously that makes it less likely. We'll see. I love draft day. I wish they didn't do this week long ******** though. I used to love when I was younger just camping out on the coach all weekend and watching the draft. Now it is so drawn out that it is annoying. Saturday 1-3, Sunday 4-7. That is how it should be. I don't know even know what the schedule is now? 1 Thursday, 2-3 Friday?, 4-5 Saturday? 6-7 Sunday? Or is it just Thurs, Fri, Sat?

Old
05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
chinatown81592
DJ Okawari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haha. Well obviously that makes it less likely. We'll see. I love draft day. I wish they didn't do this week long ******** though. I used to love when I was younger just camping out on the coach all weekend and watching the draft. Now it is so drawn out that it is annoying. Saturday 1-3, Sunday 4-7. That is how it should be. I don't know even know what the schedule is now? 1 Thursday, 2-3 Friday?, 4-5 Saturday? 6-7 Sunday? Or is it just Thurs, Fri, Sat?
Round 1 on Thursday, Rounds 2-3 on Friday 4-7 on Saturday

Old
05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Hiesenberg

There is no Sunday. Just Th-Sat.

Old
05-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Goodell's quest to have football on 365 days out of the year.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-08-2014, 11:19 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
If Villanueva makes the final 53 this team is in much worse shape than I thought. This situation is just the Eagles rewarding a war veteran with some cash, a "shot" in camp, and getting the team some positive press after the D-Jax debacle. It's a classy move by the team, but don't expect him to make final cuts, or even the initial cuts.
Yeah. Practice squad is more reasonable. Have him bulk up and see what you have. Chip had a token spot on last year's practice squad for one of his Oregon guys. Army actually had 2 guys on active rosters last year Collin Mooney of Tennessee and Josh McNary of Indianapolis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
A hybrid FB/TE is for small quick TEs (Cooley, Hernandez, etc.). Villanueva would be the biggest TE in the league. That said even if a miracle happens and he makes the team, he'll be nothing more than gadget guy on offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Goodell's quest to have football on 365 days out of the year.
They're trying to move the draft back to the middle of May next year

It's hard to imagine the Eagles messing this pick up. They have so many needs. Just hope they don't mortgage the future to move up a ton. If they are eyeing Cody Latimer, wouldn't mind them trading back in the first and gather some picks.

Old
05-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Hiesenberg

With everything I'm reading. He's going for defensive line. He will not be on the offensive side of the ball. Everybody is looking at him completely wrong.

Old
05-08-2014, 11:27 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
With everything I'm reading. He's going for defensive line. He will not be on the offensive side of the ball. Everybody is looking at him completely wrong.
He is. He's not coordinated or athletic enough to play WR/TE. He doesn't have the bulk to play T. He's going to try to be a 5-technique.

Old
05-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
He is. He's not coordinated or athletic enough to play WR/TE. He doesn't have the bulk to play T. He's going to try to be a 5-technique.
So we have to look at him as one of these crazy athletic freaks on the D-line.

Old
05-08-2014, 11:41 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
So we have to look at him as one of these crazy athletic freaks on the D-line.
He's not really athletic though hence why he's not playing offense. They'll try to use his length.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Jtown

the value of this draft is in the 20-50 range. I will be very upset if the eagles take a wr in the first round because they had a wr on their roster that would outproduce any rookie this year and they got rid of him for nothing. What i am hoping for is to trade back to the early 2nd round especially if a qb falls to us and draft roby the cb from ohio state, and use another pick to move up 10 slots and draft attaochu. Coming out of this draft with roby and attaochu would be a huge upgrade for this team at positions of need. I don't feel safety is as big of a need since wolff showed a lot of promise last year , allen played well last year and jenkins is going to be a starter this year.

focus on cb and olb.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:59 PM
FLYguy3911

I don't think they'll take a corner. They're most likely going to take a guy that will help them this year. While they have no studs, Williams, Feltcher, Boykin, and Carroll is a decent crop. I could see Fuller because he is versatile and may be able to play a hybrid role. There are some decent small school guys later in the draft that they should target.

Yeah yeah, the Eagles gave up the most passing yards in the league. 1. They played the most defensive snaps in a season (in the last 10 years). 2. They had little pass rush. Cole came on towards the end of the season, but he's another year older. Barwin is a second tier pass rusher who is asked to drop back a lot. There is no one behind those 2 guys. Up front Cox didn't have the season I expected last year. He's still good, but he has another level he needs to get to. Logan is a plugger, and Cedric Thornton settled into a run stopping role. Graham has his moments, but he's not in the long term plans and doesn't fit the scheme. No depth behind those guys. They need to build that front 7. Look at the top teams. They are loaded up front.

The problem comes in there aren't many front 7 guys in the range of the Eagles pick. I know everybody has soured on Barr, and I'm always skeptical of picking guys that "fall", but I stated way back in this thread, he was the guy I wanted and I'm sticking to it. He's kind of been in that spotlight and has been picked apart a good bit. But at the end of the day he's 6'5 255 33 1/2 inch arms 4.6 speed and a 3.8 3-cone time tells me he can bend and get around the edge. He's athletic, can drop into coverage, has decent hands (played RB/FB/TE up until last year). Everyone says he has no instincts for the position, but he's been playing it for 2 years now!!! I see that as a big plus. He's got room to grow. Even if he never gets "it", he's big enough and athletic enough to be a Manny Lawson worst case.

Old
05-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Jtown

Quote:
I don't think they'll take a corner. They're most likely going to take a guy that will help them this year. While they have no studs, Williams, Feltcher, Boykin, and Carroll is a decent crop. I could see Fuller because he is versatile and may be able to play a hybrid role. There are some decent small school guys later in the draft that they should target.

Yeah yeah, the Eagles gave up the most passing yards in the league. 1. They played the most defensive snaps in a season (in the last 10 years). 2. They had little pass rush. Cole came on towards the end of the season, but he's another year older. Barwin is a second tier pass rusher who is asked to drop back a lot. There is no one behind those 2 guys. Up front Cox didn't have the season I expected last year. He's still good, but he has another level he needs to get to. Logan is a plugger, and Cedric Thornton settled into a run stopping role. Graham has his moments, but he's not in the long term plans and doesn't fit the scheme. No depth behind those guys. They need to build that front 7. Look at the top teams. They are loaded up front.

The problem comes in there aren't many front 7 guys in the range of the Eagles pick. I know everybody has soured on Barr, and I'm always skeptical of picking guys that "fall", but I stated way back in this thread, he was the guy I wanted and I'm sticking to it. He's kind of been in that spotlight and has been picked apart a good bit. But at the end of the day he's 6'5 255 33 1/2 inch arms 4.6 speed and a 3.8 3-cone time tells me he can bend and get around the edge. He's athletic, can drop into coverage, has decent hands (played RB/FB/TE up until last year). Everyone says he has no instincts for the position, but he's been playing it for 2 years now!!! I see that as a big plus. He's got room to grow. Even if he never gets "it", he's big enough and athletic enough to be a Manny Lawson worst case.

Our cb's are not good. THey are in the lower 3rd of nfl teams. I agree our whole front 7 needs to be overhauled. They are built for the 4-3 not the 3-4. I could see them even going with a huge NT and then shifting logan out to de. Attachao is a guy i really want but i have a feeling he goes early 2nd round. Barr is a guy that I don't think will be at 22 and have seen him going to tennessee in the first round which is the 13th pick.

Closed Thread